It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Nato protesters torch Strasbourg buildings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Anti-Nato protesters torch Strasbourg buildings

www.independent.co.uk

Anti-Nato protesters set ablaze a hotel and a border post on the river Rhine today as riot police fired volleys of teargas and shock grenades to try to contain growing violence.

The bridge is 5 km (3 miles) from the conference centre where 28 Nato leaders, including U.S. President Barack Obama, were meeting, and a pall of black smoke was clearly visible from the summit venue.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.channelnewsasia.com

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This is beginning to remind me of the lighting of the warning beacons of Gondor. A message, a fire, is spreading across the world now.

People are angry over various issues and people seem almost desperate to take these opportunities to protest over a whole variety of things. The demonstration was ostensibly anti-Nato warmongering, particularly with regard to Afghanistan and Iraq but other things were expressed too; a chapel was daubed with the Victor Hugo quote: "religion is nothing but the shadow cast by the universe upon human intelligence."

Whatever the message however, it seems another civil, legal demonstration will only be remembered for the violence and the rioting.

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I agree that this is only the beginning. People are just starting to wake up to realize that everything that they have worked for is being given away. We are all being sold out to save a few. There isn't much time left. I just hope that everyone wakes up in time to save what little we have left.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
I agree that this is only the beginning. People are just starting to wake up to realize that everything that they have worked for is being given away. We are all being sold out to save a few. There isn't much time left. I just hope that everyone wakes up in time to save what little we have left.

I agree that there's definitely an element of people 'waking up', but I've never been wholly convinced that there's been as many people asleep as some conspiracy theorists - or is this phrase redundant now? - have claimed.

I think, for many, the real issue is that people have been too frightened to admit their deepest fears. I think people have noticed what's going on, but it's a case of 'nah, people will think I'm crazy...'

I think what many, many people are realising is not that the world has gone to hell in a handbasket - they've seen this and known this - but that they're not the only ones to see it. It's a case of 'thank # for that, I thought I was the only one...'. People are realising now they're not alone with their conclusions and are now unafraid to speak out now there's a 'safety in numbers' and less chance as being seen as the 'lone crazy'.

However, as you said yourself, is there time left?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

I am coming to the sad realization that it is to late. I really hope I am wrong!!

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Is it me or people are being pushed into extremism? The elites are trying so hard to screw us, people will turn to violence for sure, making the ``terrorism`` real... justifying their whole system further.

When you push someone in a corner and rob him of everything he had, he'll get pissed.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
People have the right to protest all day long but to burn buildings and cars seems to be a funny way to show you are against something! I've always found it funny how anti-war protesters in particular turn violent.They are doing the same thing that they protest against. Everyone should be concerned about the state of things,but be civil about it. Total anarchy will not help the economy.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
heh, I just read a post where an American stated "I hear Europe is a better place"...
Although most postings here on ATS are about the USA, it's quite the same in Europe, believe me... This week it are the riots in England and France, but soon there will be protests in every big city.

The fact is, that while people where just too afraid to stand up a year ago, now a lot of them have nothing left to loose. I predict these protests will spread like a fire.

top topics

join