It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 officers shot in Pittsburgh

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
But for many veterans, the right to keep and bear arms is being striped away by government bureaucrats. The Department of veterans who've appointed a fiduciary representatives – because they're deemed “mentally defective.”

To be clear, no Court has declared these veterans mentally incompetent. They've simply designated a family member or other representative to handle their fiduciary maters which is resulting in them being found mentally unfit to possess firearms.

source www.Nra.com what they are not telling you today

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

OK, then if he is part of a revolution, what was he trying to accomplish?

Acting on his own can be seen in two ways, either he decided to do things alone, proving he was not good enough for team work, or he did things according to a common plan, and in that case the plan has a target that is better achieved with this guy's actions.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
*BREAKING*

Friend of shooter says he feared an Obama Gun Ban- MSNBC .line

www.msnbc.msn.com...

IDK, maybe there is something more to all of these mass shootings. Perhpas a way to enforce stricter gun laws? I thought that was a crazy theory a few days ago, now.....

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Verd_Vhett

He is not really a veteran of much; he washed out of boot camp and was never really a Marine.
He is a sorry loser of an individual who murdered police officers.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
From The Pittsburgh Channel

How Did This Start?

Police said four officers were called to 1016 Fairfield St. for a domestic call at about 7 a.m. Harper said the suspect's mother was in the basement of the home and is the one who initially called police.

www.thepittsburghchannel.com...

I'd really like to hear tapes of this call.

It was 7am, and she made a domestic disturbance call. What was happening?
The police had been there before, apparently.
I wonder what prompted this particular call?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine

He is not really a veteran of much; he washed out of boot camp and was never really a Marine.

I just wonder how many people they have murdered. i.e setup for prison sentence when innocent.

Police are the serial killers of society but because they ahve a badge, the system syas do what you want, kill anyone and society will love it.

The double standard is amazing.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Yep, they are definitely going to make this about taking guns away. Read this AP article:

Gunman 'lying in wait' kills 3 Pittsburgh officers

Poplawski had feared "the Obama gun ban that's on the way" and "didn't like our rights being infringed upon," said Edward Perkovic, his best friend.
Perkovic, 22, said he got a call at work from him in which he said, "Eddie, I am going to die today. ... Tell your family I love them and I love you."
Perkovic said: "I heard gunshots and he hung up. ... He sounded like he was in pain, like he got shot."
Poplawski had once tried to join the Marines, but was kicked out of boot camp after throwing a food tray at a drill sergeant, Perkovic said.
Another longtime friend, Aaron Vire, said Poplawski feared that President Barack Obama was going to take away his rights, though he said he "wasn't violently against Obama."
Vire, 23, said Poplawski once had an Internet talk show but that it wasn't successful. He said Poplawski owned an AK-47 rifle and several powerful handguns, including a .357 Magnum.
Obama has said he respects Americans' constitutional right to bear arms, but that he favors "common sense" gun laws. Gun rights advocates interpret that as meaning he would approve some curbs on assault and concealed weapons.

Poplawski had been laid off from his job at a glass factory earlier this year, said another friend, Joe DiMarco. DiMarco said he didn't know the name of the company, but knew his friend had been upset about it.

Of course the only touch on the real problem at the bottom of the page.
This is going to turn into a gun grabbers paradise.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Did the grandmother warn the cops that the guy had powerful weapons? Would be interesting to hear that call, it appears the cops didn't know he had weapons.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I have mixed views about this:

Either he was a radical without a cause and just put another black mark on the rap sheet of American patriots who understand their rights, or this was part of something bigger and he was not murdering randomly.

I saw that it "sparked massive police attention". In other words, they expected him to be armed and ready?

Then again, they could just have been worried about another incident like in New York.

I will wait to see this develop before I make any solid opinions, but right now this seems to be either a man who was defending himself as he should have or an idiot with a gun making everybody else with his views look like a murderer.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Son Of Liberty

This guy was no revolutionary, nor part of any 'cause'. And he wasn't 'defending himself'. He was a person with mental problems.

Massive police response? Yeah, you're sure to get that after 3 officers are down.

Two officers responded to a domestic, as normal. They were ambushed. Another off duty officer heard about the call on his radio, swung by to help, and was ambushed.

The injured cop was shot in the hand while attempting to help the fallen officers.

The other cop broke his leg trying to scale a fence.

The actor was wearing Kevlar, so he expected return fire.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Son Of Liberty

He's 23. He's just a year and a half younger than I am. I'm as gung ho about protecting my rights as anyone. But this kid just lost it. Killing cops won't solve this problem. I know cops, several of them are my friends, and I would NEVER target them. They are in the same boat as everyone else. Their jobs are in danger too, remember states are going broke. Police are often life long members of the community they serve. I know as well as they do that there are bad cops out there, but it's innocent until proven guilty in this country. We must uphold that even if the bad cops, bad judges, and bad politicians don't. The guilty often hang themselves.

This kids story is nothing short of a tragedy. There was nothing revolutionary about this.

Revolutions are meant to free a society from a certain tyranny, not to attack members of your own community.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
asinthedaysofnoah.blogspot.com

Here is another tragedy related to guns. Now, all those that are for gun control and really dont think much about the 2nd amendment, are going to push harder for GUN CONTROL in all 50 states. I dont know if I believe the comment by his "friends" - I dont believe the media much these days.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
How about a reply from a COP! Well I'm here to tell ya I'm a Cop and have been patrolling the criminal streets for ten years. The economy is going into the toilet. Will it get better? Not before it gets worse! Money makes our society go round. It also makes the criminal society go round. Right down to the p.o.s. crack ., who will break into what ever he can to get money for another fix. A few of you have it right. People are "Snapping" and will continue to snap until things get better. These three officers are not the first L.E.O's to have someone lying in wait to kill them. It's been happening for years. This is why they teach us not to pull our police cruisers directly in front of an address to which we are responding to a call for service-espically for a disturbance call. Unfortunately when the suspect is armed with a rifle there's not much the responding officer(s) can do when they're armed with semi-auto's. Usually the responding officer(s) won't know what type of weapon the suspect is using unless police dispatch can get that information from someone who is at the scene. 99.9% of the time the channel is toned and you get "SHOTS FIRED-DISTURBANCE, SUCH AND SUCH ADDRESS, UNIT 142." Then after the initial and after the officer(s) is en-route, they may get additional information. But like I said, only if it can be obtained by someone who is at, or close to the scene. A lot of times all the police dispatchers get is someone screaming into the phone and that dispatcher has to try to calm the person so the information can be obtained. Ya'll make sure your property is secured, install those motion lights on the house and be mindful of your surroundings and who is around you when you're out in public. And in the event that you are robbed at gunpoint or by someone holding some type of deadly weapon give them the "MONEY/PROPERTY!" Money and property can be replaced, your life can't be.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by pteridine

I just wonder how many people they have murdered. i.e setup for prison sentence when innocent.

Police are the serial killers of society but because they ahve a badge, the system syas do what you want, kill anyone and society will love it.

The double standard is amazing.

We know for sure this dirtball murdered three people for no good reason other than he "thought" that the Government would take his guns[and only semblence of power] away. Too bad that they didn't.
As to your other comments, I'll let the police officers who post here tell you how much freedom they have to do what you suggest.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
well I will say this if they want to see more of this, then try and take peoples rights away, because if they try and take the 2nd ammendment right away from people we will see this type of thing happen more and more !

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

The police were not coming to take his guns away, they were responding to a call for help from his hapless mother. He shot them at the front door. Now they will take his guns away.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I never said he was a "revolutionary", I was merely speculating. Now that I've seen the story it's obvious to me he's nothing but a murderer.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The fear mongers...

the ones who make hysterical statements like they are going to take away our guns and such crap are the ones who are responsible for these deaths and others like them.

It doesn't take much to send a crackpot over the edge... and these people... like the NRA and other right wing groups should know better....

The right to bear arms is so ingrained in our society and legal system that to totally outlaw them and take them away would need a constitutional amendment and that requires ratification by 2/3 of both houses of congress and then 2/3 of the states...and that just ain't going to happen... period.

Grow up people.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

I'm not right wing and I'm a strict 2nd supporter. That's not what this is about. This isn't a partisan issue and you should stop turning everything into one. This was a sick kid who thought he had nothing to lose. And yes, they ARE trying to take away guns from law abiding citizens. Guns are about protection not just hunting. And I reject any notion that support of any constitutional amendment or the constitution itself is partisan in any way. The Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land, and makes no mention of political parties or ideology.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

You misunderstand what I am saying... While I personally do not care for guns I support the 2nd amendment.

It is regardless true that the groups most responsible for all the noise about them wanting to take away guns comes from the right... and yes a friend of his cited the fear that they were going to take away his guns as the reason why.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join