It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea 'has deployed multiple nuclear warheads' ahead of launch

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
you guys are dumbs ... how many times I will have to say .... NO COUNTRY WILL ATTACK ANOTHER COUNTRY WITH NUCLEAR WARHEAD ....

is this really hard to process?

I didnt knew so many people were that stupid ... sorry but this board is out of control ....

Mod Edit: Keep it civil thanks - even if others perhaps aren't. Cheers -alien

[edit on 4-4-2009 by alien]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Go easy - English isn't some peoples first language.

Considering NK couldn't even test one small nuke successfully, and no suggestion was ever made they had a second to test, I find it incredulous that they suddenly have 320 of them to roll out and actually USE.

Unless China Fed Ex'd them overnight to NK whilst no-one was looking, this whole story is utter BS, designed to get the people calling for action. Maybe they are trying another Iraq, but I didn't buy Iraq the first time, never mind this load of rubbish!!

I do think a power struggle might be going on in NK - that is a real possibility, but as far as NK being a threat - I don't think so.

The last time they test fired a missile it exploded less than a minute into its flight. As for actually getting into orbit and releasing a payload? In one respect I hope they do it (peacefully), but on the other, they have a very poor track record (unless China gave them a serious helping hand).

It will be interesting to see where this goes, not least, to see what Americas move is.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
My impression is the same as the earlier post, basically if whatever NK launch goes on a trajectory that would take it over Japanese airspace, it will be shot down either by USA or Japan.

I imagine it has been made perfectly clear to NK that they will not be allowed to send a missile over Japan.

After their missile or rocket is annihilated, there may be further consequences that NK would come to regret, in my opinion.

This isn't USA bullying, it's NK out of line, and I think they will be quickly put back in line by whatever means necessary and it is no joke.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Well it's just gone up...and over Japan...and didn't get shot down.

Still not sure what the payload was though.

I was kinda hoping it would blow up on the launchpad, lol.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'll admit I was wrong. Eating some crow pie now as I type this.

Maybe they let it happen just to find out more about it, like where it is heading, how far, whether it is really a satellite, etc. Maybe they are monitoring it to see what NK is capable of, but I still don't think NK will get off lightly. I think they will have some hardball coming back at them in some form other than more sanctions. But hey, I've been wrong before (like 20 minutes ago).

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Don't relate Nakasagi or Hiroshima to NK, I don't understand how NK is a threat to Japan. It is just beyond me. America is the problem, Japan just follows orders.

It's frustrating to hear such retarded comments from you guys, claiming that the whole crisis is NK's fault yet all the powerful countries continually produce more and more weapons of mass destructions. How can you guys be so dumified.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

After WWII they were told to disarm and cut the military down in return the US would protect them. So the US is responsable for the protection of Japan.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
So what happened? It's been nearly 12 hours now since the missile was launched. Were those nuclear warheads in the aerial photograph in fact inflatable balloons?

[edit on 4-4-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Is this right? HERE
Japan Today reports the launch detection was a mistake and that the mainstream media has run with it in error.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Guns Blazing

This marks the ump tenth time we have been trumped in actuality by being giant WUSSIES

WE SHOULD HAVE SHOT IT DOWN

I'd bet my left testicle that NK has a Nuke on that Satellite

probably the Iranians do too on that Satellite of theirs

Not everyone is playing a retarded game of MAD like we were with Russia, some people are just vicious or so disenfranchised they want a WIN

YOU DON'T NEED 27,000 war heads to beat America or Europe or Russia or China

You Need One or Two

In orbit

High above the Earth

where the EMP burst in a satellite maneuvered to the right spot would wipe out all the electronics across the bulk of the USA

Iran launched a satellite and is "pursuing nukes" was labeled axis of evil

NK now has too

You can bet your arse, you know damn well what's on those Satellites

NK and Iran can end human civilization as we know it now... we will be dealing with them and backing down for the long haul now

Bush wasn't crazy

The West has for now Lost the war... Glad we were all worried about race and Gay rights...

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This does not make sense JAPAN TODAY

As Japan went on high alert in anticipation of an imminent rocket launch by North Korea, erroneous launch information sent out by the Japanese government on Saturday led to widespread confusion among the public and municipal authorities.

The misstep has embarrassed the administration of Prime Minister Taro Aso, who was apparently hoping that by quickly conveying the launch information to the public, he could raise his profile as an effective crisis manager.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Also, from JAPAN TODAY

Media organizations, both domestic and international, reported the notification as breaking news and some municipalities issued alerts to their residents based on an emergency email message sent by the central government.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
How much you wanna bet that Refit Boeing 767 with that huge laser platform was in a hold pattern just waiting for the go-ahead?

I think that is more feasible than shooting another rocket at it.. Lasers can reach it in milliseconds, and track it in real time...

As for it being reported incorrectly being launched? Oh boy, NK would love watching that.

IF NK was really intending to launch a *REAL* Satellite into Orbit, wouldn't they have to contact the company or whoever tracks and knows every orbital pattern each bird has up there? You can't just launch something up there and throw it into an orbit... well, you CAN, but you better have some insurance!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
Another anonymous source says X,Y and Z claim.
Whoopi-do.

Where have I heard these unattributed WMD claims before? *cough* Iraq *cough*

North Korea doesn't have a single nuclear warhead to begin with.
Nor have they shown the world to be capable of creating a successful fission event, ala they're hopeless 2006 Nuclear Test, which was in all actuality a kiloton blast of conventional explosives attempting to simulate a nuclear event.

The Western World is exaggerating the threat of WMD's again from rogue states and you're all falling for it because no one seems capable of learning from their mistakes here.

North Korea is a paper tiger.

Launching a 5 ton scrapyard into orbit with a satellite in the warhead is one thing.

Being capable of a creating a nuclear fission chain reaction to weaponize for a warhead is completely another.
You need the money, brains and technical equipment to do it, none of which the North Koreans have, save for trinkets they imported from Pakistan's A. Q. Khan in the 1990's, like centrifuges.

Mark my words, North Korea is another example of blatant fear-mongering from the same people who brought you Iraq and an attempted conflict with Iran.

[edit on 4/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

The only problem with that mate, is IF the PTB manage a 911 type event and a nuke does go off, the fear-mongering that you so aptly point out will fall on deaf ears.

This is the real danger. Whether NK have them or not, we all know who DOES have them. And more importantly the ways and means to deliver them.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

How is a country with actual nuclear weapons next to a country that has generational psychological trauma from nuclear weapons right next to it an "exageration?"

And how exactly has this "actuality" been substantiated?

Apart from this lone, anonymous source, who we all know like to pop up at very convienient times throughout history to corroborate stories and details that later turn out to be false.

From the Gulf of Tonkin Incident to the Iraq War, "anonymous sources" are Government slang for pre-fabricated propaganda.

reply to post by mopusvindictus

I'd bet my left testicle that NK has a Nuke on that Satellite

probably the Iranians do too on that Satellite of theirs

Sigh.

Let me give you a brief lecture on ballistic missiles:

You can either have a satellite payload on a booster rocket or a warhead payload,you can't have both.

Thus ends the lecture.

where the EMP burst in a satellite maneuvered to the right spot would wipe out all the electronics across the bulk of the USA

You do realise most of the USA's sensitive NORAD early warning sites and missile silo network that are activated in a time of war are shielded from such attacks and buried deep underground?

An EMP would damage civilian infrastructure yes, but it wouldn't make a dent on America's ability to retaliate.

And the North Koreans KNOW THIS, which is why they would never even bother in the first place.

Iran launched a satellite and is "pursuing nukes" was labeled axis of evil

Have people lost the capacity for independent thought?

So because a country is labelled as a member of the "Axis of Evil" by George W. (Whackjob) Bush, that makes it so?

He also remarked the constitution is: "A goddamned piece of paper!"

I suppose we are to take this remark seriously as well?

You can bet your arse, you know damn well what's on those Satellites

Let's see, a truckload of cabling, Ka-Band downlinker, solar converters, retrorocket boosters, and other assorted communications equipment.

There's no such thing as a weaponized satellite, not in today's world.

NK and Iran can end human civilization as we know it now... we will be dealing with them and backing down for the long haul now

Bush wasn't crazy

He wasn't, but you almost certainly are.

[edit on 5/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
This thread is just another attempt at fear mongering.

If the OP took any time to research anything, the OP would have realized this is an impossibility based on the SINGLE, RECENT, FAILED nuclear test attempt by N.K.

Makes me wonder if this is an attempt to flood ATS with misinformation/propaganda ??????

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Makes me wonder if this is an attempt to flood ATS with misinformation/propaganda

Well there's really nothing "attempted" about it.

A lot of people on here do have it within some strange interests to push a particular viewpoint about a country by just posting inane, unverifiable claims about them endlessly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join