It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea 'has deployed multiple nuclear warheads' ahead of launch

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

North Korea 'has deployed multiple nuclear warheads' ahead of launch

www.tel egraph.co.uk

"I received the information from the national intelligence agency of a certain country that they believe North Korea has deployed nuclear warheads at two underground facilities for Rodong missiles," Daniel Pinkston, senior analyst at the International Crisis Group, told The Daily Telegraph from Seoul.

"We estimate that North Korea has as many as 320 Rodong missiles, which can be launched from mobile transporters anywhere in the country, and we are assessing the threat these pose," he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
"Outs!"

These headlines are devastating... NK really is playing hard ball!!!

Do we get "Cuban Missile Crises II" now - and fast?

I dont know how wide this news will break out - but somehow it makes blood to halt. I know how often NK has played their international diplomacy only to their domestic brainwash needs - but taking nukes out isnt just a game anymore ---

Japan is very traumatized from this issue - like we all know - and I think that they are not taking any chances in this... No more Nakasagi or Hiroshima to that country - and I think they take these news very, very real.

Huh - huh.

98% of the public has no idea where this conflict can lead the world in just days period - and it will strike us all if its going to heat up.

Lets see...

www.tel egraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Another anonymous source says X,Y and Z claim.
Whoopi-do.

Where have I heard these unattributed WMD claims before? *cough* Iraq *cough*

North Korea doesn't have a single nuclear warhead to begin with.
Nor have they shown the world to be capable of creating a successful fission event, ala they're hopeless 2006 Nuclear Test, which was in all actuality a kiloton blast of conventional explosives attempting to simulate a nuclear event.

The Western World is exaggerating the threat of WMD's again from rogue states and you're all falling for it because no one seems capable of learning from their mistakes here.

North Korea is a paper tiger.

Launching a 5 ton scrapyard into orbit with a satellite in the warhead is one thing.

Being capable of a creating a nuclear fission chain reaction to weaponize for a warhead is completely another.
You need the money, brains and technical equipment to do it, none of which the North Koreans have, save for trinkets they imported from Pakistan's A. Q. Khan in the 1990's, like centrifuges.

Mark my words, North Korea is another example of blatant fear-mongering from the same people who brought you Iraq and an attempted conflict with Iran.

[edit on 4/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I don't think this poses any threat to the USA. Maybe Japan has something to worry about, and certainly South Korea -- but not the US.

According to the article, "...experts estimate that it would take two days for technicians to assemble a Rodong weapon and attach a nuclear warhead."

I don't think we have anything to be fearful of. The saber rattling between NK and the West never seems to end.

I also happen to believe that if NK were to pose any real threat to the USA, we would wipe them out in 20 minutes. Wouldn't be hard, considering the might of our military, and how advanced it is compared to the North Korean military.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I call bollocks. North Korea is just playing mind games, that or it's just another false flag excuse to attack them.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
To Kaytagg..

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Maybe you should buy a Playstation 3 now before NK nukes Japan...

When I read this I have to recall all the talk of WMD threats that leads to another invasion... Granted NK is no empty threat they pose a real danger to their neighbors but this rhetoric makes me wonder if we're being set up for a major military action?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Definitely a disturbing article for sure. I do hope it is false.

If it is true, I am all for nuking the # out of them.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by blindfaceNK is no Afghanistan or Iraq.. and you see how long we have been there. Their military is WAAAY more advanced than anything we have encountered in either country.

I'm not beating any war drums, but that statement was way off.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by blindface]

Oh, I agree, to the extent that NK has thousands (tens/hundreds of thousands?) of missiles, a very large army, plenty of munitions, etc. We could not easily win a ground war with them, using conventional weapons.

However, the thesis of my comments was that NK poses no threat to the continental USA. They can not send their armies here to invade; their missiles can not reach us; their nuclear warheads are inferior and don't appear to function correctly; they do not have air superiority; etc.

What I meant by we could wipe them out in 20 minutes, is that if they decided to launch a nuclear attack on the US, the missiles would hopefully be stopped by missile interceptors, and retaliation would be swift and total -- our arsenal is the largest (or second largest?) in the world. In 20 minutes, the USA could turn all of NK into a parking lot.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
north korea are all talk and Japan should not take them seriously i understand that the country is near them but they are just scaremongering

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
What I meant by we could wipe them out in 20 minutes, is that if they decided to launch a nuclear attack on the US, the missiles would hopefully be stopped by missile interceptors, and retaliation would be swift and total -- our arsenal is the largest (or second largest?) in the world. In 20 minutes, the USA could turn all of NK into a parking lot.

LMAO the ignorance of the Americans. On 9/11 you couldnt even shoot down Terrorists flying over your own country despite having fighters already up in the air. How would you cope against a influx of 100 missiles heading towards Japan from NK, are you really that ignorant to think the NK generals wouldnt have underground bunkers and Silo's to protect themselves in

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
LMAO the ignorance of the Americans. On 9/11 you couldnt even shoot down Terrorists flying over your own country despite having fighters already up in the air. How would you cope against a influx of 100 missiles heading towards Japan from NK, are you really that ignorant to think the NK generals wouldnt have underground bunkers and Silo's to protect themselves in

That's because 9/11 was an inside job?

I don't know why we had such trouble stopping those cave-dwelling third worlders. I think we should reopen the investigation into 9/11, because it's all to common for the government to cover embarrassing things up; also the events of 9/11 strike me as very suspicious. This is a whole different topic, though.

Btw, your comments are not constructive or adding to the thread, at all.

Thanks for wasting space on an otherwise good thread.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I think my comments are justified. This "Guns-Blazing" attitude by the Americans is Ignorants if the N.Koreans show any sign of hostility towards the Japanese. Its not Americas war to begin with. America ISNT the United Nations and should keep out of other countrys affairs (ironic there trying to save the country they nuked twice only 60 years before, yet the sanctions they imposed as such means the very same country cant defend itself in a ground war.)
America is the cause of this war by propogating such threats to N.Korea, if they just let them test the damn Missile without sending half the Naval fleet then there wouldnt be any problem. But America always has to stick its nose in where its not wanted, acting like the Diplomatic Bullies telling other countrys what to do with their weapons cache.
America didnt even invent Nuclear fusion, it was the UK. So the ownage of Nuclear rights doesnt even belong to the US government, it rightly belongs to Britain and as such diplomatically it should be us as such who owns the rights as to who can/cant own the arsenal.
To be quite frank Nuclear weapons have saved more lives than killed people but thats just my personal opinion.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

"I received the information from the national intelligence agency of a certain country that they believe North Korea has deployed nuclear warheads at two underground facilities for Rodong missiles

my super secret squirrel today said that this person has as much credability as an apple pie

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I'd call HK's bluff and simply say, "If you launch ANY nuclear weapon, we will turn your Country--if you want to call it that--into glass and ash."

Let them fire their lame 'missile'. So we can all laugh, and say 'see? you had no satellite, dumb arses'.. spray painting a used Tide box silver and attaching LEDs doesn't count dudes...

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
I think my comments are justified. This "Guns-Blazing" attitude by the Americans is Ignorants if the N.Koreans show any sign of hostility towards the Japanese. Its not Americas war to begin with. America ISNT the United Nations and should keep out of other countrys affairs (ironic there trying to save the country they nuked twice only 60 years before, yet the sanctions they imposed as such means the very same country cant defend itself in a ground war.)
America is the cause of this war by propogating such threats to N.Korea, if they just let them test the damn Missile without sending half the Naval fleet then there wouldnt be any problem. But America always has to stick its nose in where its not wanted, acting like the Diplomatic Bullies telling other countrys what to do with their weapons cache.
America didnt even invent Nuclear fusion, it was the UK. So the ownage of Nuclear rights doesnt even belong to the US government, it rightly belongs to Britain and as such diplomatically it should be us as such who owns the rights as to who can/cant own the arsenal.
To be quite frank Nuclear weapons have saved more lives than killed people but thats just my personal opinion.

Ok, nice to get a real reply from you

I agree with you, more or less. The only caveat I want to add, is that I said NK poses no threat to the continental US. I never said we should be there, moderating the event as, you say, diplomatic bullies -- just that should NK ever get to the point of having fueled, nuclear, ICBM's pointed towards America, and they decided to push the "button," they would be wiped out before anybody knew what hit them.

Threat of nuclear missiles is something I assume America takes very seriously -- and one of the few things I trust our government to be competent at in defending the States from a barrage of nuclear tipped missiles, as well as the ability to strike back with total annihilation.

I do not support such actions, and America has plenty of skeletons in its closet it should take responsibility for -- but this is a whole different topic.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
Definitely a disturbing article for sure. I do hope it is false.

If it is true, I am all for nuking the # out of them.

Well, let's go strategic targets, but definitely give them a taste of their own medicine. =)

A cup of World War 3 anybody? With a hint of Martial Law? Served on a nice plate of NWO? Provided by your friendly every day Bilderberger group?

Sorry. Had to. =)

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The latest CIA "GreenBird" photos show that the payload includes both a TV satellite and a nuclear warhead. The satellite will enable the North Korean people to receive a better quality TV signal to follow the news coverage of WWIII, which N. Korea is about to start.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

The latest CIA "GreenBird" photos show that the payload includes both a TV satellite and a nuclear warhead.

Source?

It's cute how people like to assume their credibility is automatically set in concrete on ATS.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
reply to post by stander

The latest CIA "GreenBird" photos show that the payload includes both a TV satellite and a nuclear warhead.

Source?

It's cute how people like to assume their credibility is automatically set in concrete on ATS.

Uh, I think he was joking.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join