It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists Protest Bailouts Near Wall Street

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Activists Protest Bailouts Near Wall Street

www.reuters.com

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Several hundred demonstrators protested near Wall Street on Friday against the handling of the U.S. economic crisis, government bailouts of private banks and corporations and bonuses paid out at insurer AIG.

Members of worker rights, healthcare and anti-war groups gathered in the rain holding posters that read "Bail Out the Unemployed" and "No More $ For Wall St & War."

They also shouted demands for more jobs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
"Several hundreds" - co-mon USA, hit the streets now!

You think Obama is there to save your ass?

Ok - its good that there is finally some kind of waking up raging, but wheres the real movement - facts USA already know...You need to put pressure out now to make some progress.

In Europe we are soon taking steps to move out - and just wait when summer is coming to Europe - and people start gathering towards bankers - we will raise up true summer heat around here, I can feel it.

USA - we are waiting for your moves!

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
The AIG bonuses are really blown out of proportion. Most of the employees there, the ones who didn't leave, are trying to wind down the company and fix the problem. They get payed 1$ a year for this, despite having their services be in high demand elsewhere (places that pay more than 1$ a year), and bonuses are these peoples main source of revenue.

Dear A.I.G., I Quit!

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
They get payed 1$ a year for this, despite having their services be in high demand elsewhere

Only Liddy is working for a dollar a year, and that's only window dressing. Everyone else there is pulling down good salaries and the bonuses are the cream on top. And that letter you linked to it the most self serving piece of garbage I've ever read. That guy was a vice president in the department that wrote all the fraudulent derivatives that they're trying to unwind. You think he didn't know what was going on?

These guys need to be fixing this problem from a prison cell, not from plush offices with outrageous bonuses.

top topics

join