It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Interpret This Dream...If You Dare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I've been very optimistic and cheerful and creative for the last few days, so that's my lead-in, and I'm a lucid dreamer, which means I'm always aware that I'm dreaming. So here comes this real humdinger of a dream about me in a car, an Aston Martin, right, just a beautiful machine, and I'm doing something that is crazy-wrong, I'm driving it through an automated car wash, and there are suds, and I'm making love to a robust and luscious woman, who is merging with me in the leather drivers seat. I vigorously bring her to orgasm.

As we exit the carwash,
I glance at my sudsy lover,
and she is a

RETARDED GIRL

I'm serious. That was the dream. Very disturbing.

Anybody want to take a crack?

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 4/4/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
You're avatar screams at me!!!!

You used someone, and now you want to be cleaned of a subconcious guilt you feel about it, because you see that person as "retarded." Even though they may just be gulible(sp?).

It's my "crack" at it.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

All my best to you. I've got two versions.

Version 1

Sex is necessary to the maintainability of life and was the only natural occurrence in the dream.

What you have been programmed to attach to sex, through repetitive advertising and indoctrination (i.e.: The Car, The Beautiful Girl) is the vehicle you have been riding in.

The car wash is your conscience, your predecessors and ancestors in court of you to examine you for turn of the New Generation. By the time they get through with the whole thing, the thorough inspection, your seed was in vain.

Version 2:

You were a crazy special Olympics referee, who in a mad dash, thought that the #1 Olympiad in shot put Girls Competition was actually some model you saw one night while passing out infront of the screen.

The car wash is the drool that pools into fine little puddles under your hanging lip.

The Downs girl is you waking up with your hand in a bowl of hot water and feeling "warm".

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
In dreams, vehicles always represent destiny, as in your life path/reality. In your dream the vehicle symbolises wealth. I agree with dragonking76 that the 'retarded' girl indicates that you have used someone/people. Your vehicle is stationary, therefore you are not/do not feel in control.

The vehicle is in a carwash; this is a literal symbol of cleansing.

You bring the girl to orgasm.

Your dream is your id challenging your ego to experience guilt and your ego fighting back with the belief that you could not have been using the person/s indicated because at the very least you 'vigourously', gave her satisfaction.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I'm tellin' you, it creeped me out. A retarded girl, right in the middle of my extravagant indulgence dream. No, I don't get the "used people" interpretations... I can only think of one woman whom I ever "used," and in return she screwed me over so badly that I figured we were even, right, so she doesn't weigh on my mind at all. That is to say, I'm not harboring any used people/retarded girls in my psyche.

The retarded girl was one of those deep subconscious surprises that very infrequently pops up; but, when it does, it haunts me for days on end. It's worse when you're a lucid dreamer, you know? Because my rational mind knows the subconscious is manifesting a retarded girl for a reason, which must be a really warped reason, and I'm trying to get away from it, but it's following me because we bonded and tongued and exchanged fluids and so forth, and, uggh, get away!!

At which point I pull the plug on the dream and wake up.

Thanks for your efforts, folks. This is one of those nightmares that will return if I'm not vigilant.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
HOWEVER... I've been thinking about the dream a little more, trying to get my mitts around it... One good thing about lucid dreaming is that it gives you practice in studying the symbolism of the subconscious, the weird-ass icons and totems and disembodied tits squirting milk and so forth.

Looking back on this dream with a half-a-day's simmering self-analysis, I think I'm looking at my own dissatisfaction with success. The dream is showing me all of this indulgence — shameful indugence, running an Aston Martin through an automated carwash, the height of abuse and arrogance and disrespect, having sex with a lusty babe in the front seat, the suds pouring over us, a cleansing and a defiling, ruining the interior, simultaneous acts of destruction and creation. The end result is a tainted bride, a promise of tainted spawn, and a glistening Aston Martin that has just been devalued by about $100K...

Problem is, I'm not wealthy like this. I'm not successful like this. I don't know any retarded girls — the only retarded girl I ever knew was, like, 42 years ago, she lived on the next ranch over, she was my buddy's sister, I lost track of her after the 6th grade. I never had ill thoughts of her, I don't think-down to retarded people at all, and I'm courteous enough not to refer to them as "special" or "challenged," which is condescending, politically-correct crap. They're not challenged, it's not like they have a functional brain except they see life as a game of Twister™ or something... Call 'em what they are. All the circuitry isn't installed, they're retarded.

So... I really don't know where it's coming from. I mean, this was a startling-enough dream that it could be called somebody else's dream. Like, boom, for a few seconds I was dreaming in somebody else's head, or somebody else's thoughts were intruding on mine in a very disturbing way. Psychic attack, maybe?

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 4/4/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Doc, perhaps you're trying to be too literal....

Nightmares are often the result of some internal conflict, moral or otherwise. We sometimes give 'personification' to our problems and impulses or emotions in dreams....cleverly disguised as something else entirely.

Anything been bothering you lately? Some action that you're feeling shame for? Something 'messy' that you enjoyed, yet knew you should not be doing?

My Freudian handbook might suggest that you may feel that you've been 'pleasuring' yourself ( is the M word allowed by the T&C?) too much or that you have a general fear or disgust of sex....

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

and I'm a lucid dreamer, which means I'm always aware that I'm dreaming.

If this is the case, you may be able to affect your dreams to a certain extent...i.e. - she's always a hottie and the car is always tops.

Until you do, you are gonna have to settle for the retarded girl...

Either way check This Out...

And This...

[edit on 4/4/2009 by chapter29]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I'll take a stab at it, but you have to promise me not to begrudge. Since you asked...

OK. Here goes. (again, sorry in advance!)

Some simpler ideas might be relating to the type of personality you may have or exibit-or rather the approach you may take with women? (???)

I mean like, I don't know you
as in:

1) a girl would have to be retarded to want to be with you. (or maybe your subconsious is afraid that that is the case.)(???)
or
2) retarded girls like sex, bubbles, leather, AND water?
3) you have had an erotic and perfect experience at some point in your life and for some reason you feel guilty or somehow undeserving-as if it didn't make sense that this person would have been in such a way with you.

What do you think?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Only a retard would have sex with you.
And you in turn, felt so dirty for having sex with a retarded girl that you had to be clean (hence the soap).

EDIT: didn't want it to sound mean. It's just an attempt at interpretation.

[edit on 4/5/2009 by haika]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
First of all, I need to know are you male or female, because it would make a difference. If you are female, are you gay, or have you engaged before in a gay relationship?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Simply being naked in a dream symbolizes many different things, and the meaning will depend upon if you were mortifed, exhilerated, ect. Your description sounds as though you went from exhilerated to mortified. This indicates an initial sense of well being, then suddenly feeling inadequate.

Orgasmism in a dream usually indicate that you are satisfied, however it is your partner who has the orgasm, possibly it is a waking concern of yours with your own partner.

Water in a dream has many differnt meanings, your dream sounds like it is a cleansing tool, perhaps there is an aspect of your life that needs cleansing? One thing to consider is are you promiscuous?

The retarded girl......to see others who are not well either physically or mentally in your dream would indicate that something about you needs healing, either physically or mentally.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Well it doesn't have to mean anything but I will dare to interpret. Hope this helps get the gears turning for you because I don't know the answer.

The base of this situation actually happens a lot. You do something and all is hunky dory and then you look back and take a look at it moments later and think, "oh God did I really just do that?"

One example: You are driving down the road and being careful. You are paying attention but are on a street you aren't used to. It seems like you are just driving through a neighborhood. You take a right turn not realizing that there is oncoming traffic and you pull right out onto the road. Everything is fine but you suddenly realize you just pulled out in front of all sorts of oncoming traffic, and it's only luck that you didn't get into a wreck.

Also in dreams, sometimes perceptions are blurred. Looking into a mirror in a dream I have never managed to make it clear, the face always looks wrong and in some ways, retarted. Maybe you were using "mirror-vision" lol.

That may sound kind of silly. But maybe you were glancing at her to judge her, and had you not been judging her she may have looked fine. But your act of judgement is what flawed your perception of what was otherwise a "robust" lady.

I know dreams are sort of on auto-pilot, even though you are basically lucid. So you don't really have to be willfully judging or willfully self-concious for that to work. I guess I was more trying to get at why the dream happened that way, not the "what it all means."

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Before you can start a new cheerful outlook in life you have to look at what it is doing to other people. Are you being selfish with your new persona? Just because you might think everything is ok doesnt mean everyone else does, are you ignorantly trampling through other peoples problems without a care in the world at how they feel? Simply because you yourself feel good?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
Anything been bothering you lately? Some action that you're feeling shame for? Something 'messy' that you enjoyed, yet knew you should not be doing?

Lately, I've volunteered my talents to the local Lutheran community, and they love it. By that I mean I execute these various church-related projects — painting murals, participating in biblical reenactments, all focusing on the Resurrection (Easter). So that's what I'm doing in my daily activity, but I'm also pondering the possibility of producing a book that I think will be successful... Yes, I'm compiling a book of my own writing, of my perspective, of my warped humor, of my eccentricities... You know, typical blog material, and I want to go commercial with it.

Now, I'll say this, although I attend a Lutheran Church, I have some pretty independent thoughts on the nature of Man and God and the Universe and Faith. My notions are enough to scare the crap out of some Lutherans, I dare say. So, I know when I publish my book, it's going to shake things up locally... If it catches on nationally, good enough, but I just want to pay off the mortgage.

But if it SUCCEEDS
I aint screamin', I'm becoming engorged.

This brings us back to tainted success... My potential success tainted by religion? My religion tainted by success? Is that what this is all about? LOL

Originally posted by frayed1
My Freudian handbook might suggest that you may feel that you've been 'pleasuring' yourself ( is the M word allowed by the T&C?) too much or that you have a general fear or disgust of sex....

That is quite possibly the best analysis ever. You've hit the nail on the head! It's my chronic masturbation that's generating retarded girls in my sex dreams! I'm so relieved, I think I'll celebrate...excuse me.....

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 4/6/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

So glad you like my interpret, Doc!! Good to see you have a sense of humor....after all you did dare us!

I blame psyc 101 .....I had a prof that droned on and on about Freud and sex, and constantly stroked and played with his necktie.....all the while wearing a very 'satisfied' expression!

That being said, it still might be a twisty precog sort of dream.......I've had a few that bordered on the psychotic, and yet they had elements that came to pass, in a weird sort of way......some still give me the willies, lo these many years later. I'd ask about some of those, but I'm kinda afraid to hear the responses!

Let us know if anything like your dream really happens!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
You're leaving a lot about your dream out. How did it make you feel when you realized she was "retarded"? How did you feel beforehand in your dream? Any details you left out? Normally during an analysis, all this would be fleshed out, and then your personal life would be examined for parallels. What you mention about success could very well be the case, and the message of your dream, but I've also always heard warnings against interpreting your own dreams for the simple fact that what may be obvious to others, you may repress yourself simply because you don't consciously like to hear what your subconscious is trying to express.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
why would you come on here for any sort of psychological advice?

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Sounds like insecure about something... fear of failure, afraid to make a fool of yourself kind of thing. Afraid your not good enough, or think you are but worried about proving it in an areana that others will know (school etc).

top topics

join