It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Obama Declassify X-Files On UFOs And ETs After 2009 X-Conference?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The X-Conference is an important annual event, as it features speakers specializing in public policy aspects of evidence concerning UFOs and ET life. This event will confirm whether or not the Obama administration will finally end a sixty year truth embargo on the extraterrestrial origins of UFOs.

The 2009 X-Conference, to be held in the Washington DC metro area from April 17-19, will encourage the Obama administration to move forward with disclosure of X-Files on UFOs and extraterrestrial life. Several Presidential Memoranda and the inclusion of former Clinton era figures in Obama’s government are cited by participants as reasons why President Obama will positively respond.

Apollo 14 astronaut Dr Edgar Mitchell will be among conference speakers discussing why the Obama administration needs to declassify X-files held by various federal agencies and departments. Dr Mitchell has declared his confidence in the reliability of testimonies revealed to him about the 1947 Roswell UFO crash and the existence of extraterrestrials. He will discuss the reasons why secrecy about extraterrestrial life was first imposed, and the implications of disclosing the truth.

Alfred Webre, J.D. who was involved in a 1977 extraterrestrial communications project with the Carter White House is scheduled to discuss efforts by a consortium of NGOs to start a dialogue with the Obama administration for implementation of United Nations General Assembly Decision 33/426.

What is United Nations Decision 33/426?

In 1978, the UN during its 33rd Session passed its one and only decision concerning UFOs which called for the creation of a UN agency to register UFO reports, and to coordinate international efforts to study extraterrestrial life and for undertaking, coordinating and disseminating the results of research into unidentified flying objects and related phenomena.

The Recommendation of the Special Political Committee adopted the following text as representing the consensus of the members of the Assembly:

1. The General Assembly has taken note of the statements made, and draft resolutions submitted, by Grenada at the thirty-second and thirty-third sessions of the General Assembly regarding unidentified flying objects and related phenomena.

2. The General Assembly invites interested Member States to take appropriate steps to coordinate on a national level scientific research and investigation into extraterrestrial life, including unidentified flying objects, and to inform the Secretary-General of the observations, research and evaluation of such activities.

3. The General Assembly requests the Secretary-general to transmit the statements of the delegation of Grenada and the relevant documentation to the Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space, so that it may consider them at its session in 1979.

4. The Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space will permit Grenada, upon its request, to present its views to the Committee at its session in 1979. The committee's deliberation will be included in its report which will be considered by the General Assembly at its thirty-fourth session.

Here’s the UN Document concerning Decision 33/426

President Obama has often emphasized that his Administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in Government. Here’s what he said:

“For a long time now, there's been too much secrecy in this city. The old rules said that if there was a defensible argument for not disclosing something to the American people, then it should not be disclosed. That era is now over. Starting today, every agency and department should know that this administration stands on the side not of those who seek to withhold information but those who seek to make it known.”

In his Presidential Memorandum on Transparency and Open Government, and the Presidential Memorandum on the Freedom of Information Act, President Obama instructed…

... all members of his administration to operate under principles of openness, transparency and of engaging citizens with their government. To implement these principles and make them concrete, the Memorandum on Transparency instructs three senior officials to produce an Open Government Directive within 120 days directing specific actions to implement the principles in the Memorandum. And the Memorandum on FOIA instructs the Attorney General to in that same time period issue new guidelines to the government implementing those same principles of openness and transparency in the FOIA context.

Lots of action here but the bottom line is, will there be disclosure after all? I guess we’ll have to just wait and see. If there is disclosure we hope it is sooner than later, notwithstanding vested interests that will be a big impediment in its implementation.

Cheers!

www.examiner.com...
exopolitics.blogs.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
One can only hope.

Despite the overwhelming evidence and undeniable reasons for disclosure, I still hold a cynical view for anything significant in the near future.

Somebody please prove me wrong.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Will Obama Declassify X-Files On UFOs And ETs After 2009 X-Conference?

No.

Alfred Webre, J.D. who was involved in a 1977 extraterrestrial communications project with the Carter White House is scheduled to discuss efforts by a consortium of NGOs to start a dialogue with the Obama administration for implementation of United Nations General Assembly Decision 33/426.

Alfred Webre? Oh boy...

This is the problem with the so called Exopolitics movement (and the Disclosure Project) - they will have very credible people on like Edgar Mitchell and mix it up with people of the ilk of Alfred Webre and Jeff Peckman.

It's probably a good lineup for making money on a UFO conference where the doe-eyed believers will eat up all the BS that is spewed there, but it's also the best way to ruin any chances of the President taking a serious look at what they have to say.

And this is assuming the President would even have the curiosity and the political will.

Personally I think the initiative and the people James Fox gathered in November 2007 in the National Press Club would serve our interests much better than the so called Expolitics movement and Stephen Bassett.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Whatever happened to the United Nations General Assembly Decision 33/426?
I heard there have been a couple of secret meetings on this. But I don't think we'll get to know their outcomes in the near future.

So, it seems that all World Governments are mixed up in the conspiracy to withhold the truth! I guess the stakes are too high for disclosure.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
No, why would he? He's going along with the same agenda as past presidents, so I don't see why he would be different on this matter.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
i hope this all pans out like we wish! and we all finally get disclosure.

but on the day what i think will happen is obama wont show but some topbrass airforce officer will take his place and he will deny everything
and because words are coming from the USAAF the media coverage will lap it up and deny it to the whole world and then the rest of the world will tell each other, some will believe and know that theres a coverup
and some wont believe and then we the believers will find ourselves
back at square one where we started 10 years ago, dont you think!
and tnen the whole quest starts all over again.

edit star and a flag

[edit on 4-4-2009 by ST SIR 86]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I find it interesting how the Timewave reach a peak at 17. April.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Coincidence?

We can only wait and see..

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ub1476

Hmmm...Interesting! But what's the connection? Disclosure during that period?

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I think it is more than logical to assume that President Obama wont touch anything that comes out of the "X Conference" with a ten foot pole. One can't really take that "conference" seriously due to the guest list. The event organizer puts up a couple of interesting folks then outright undermines their legitimate discussion by having total fools present on the same darn stage. Why? Because he said he doesn't care what kind of attention he gets, just that he gets attention. It is opinions like this that from folks like Steve Bassett that only can lead to public ridicule of the subject in general. Without the general public support there will never be enough pressure to get the media to take this seriously. Until then, there will only be places like this to have discussion that amount to less than a hill of beans in reality.

The Paracast did a good podcast with Bassett that really pertains to this subject. Its a good listen and very relevant to discussing the merits of the "x- conference". You should be able to click here to download the episode.

Now, as far as the UN is concerned....they are as incompetent and corrupt as any governing body is, so I wouldn't expect anyone of the UN members to pursue jack squat. Sad, but we all know it is true.

One day, maybe.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Anything that happens will occur behind the scenes. Who knows what priority it would get? Best I think we can hope for is a mini FOIA renaissance like under the Carter Administration. The people with direct access to recovered technology etc. don't answer to the DC establishment.

2009 X-Conference has a good lineup. Wish I could attend.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I don't think so, such a news could negatively affect the economy to a greater degree than it already is. It would perhaps be wiser to wait until 2009 has past away.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by Acharya]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Good point Acharya! What could be the short-term and long-term effects of such disclosure on people, institutions, and cultures?

• General panic in vast segments of populations leading to breakdown of law and order. This, of course, would vary profoundly in different cultures and between groups within societies.

• Profound emotional and intellectual consequences resulting in a sea change in attitudes and human values.

• The fear of disintegration of our society when confronted by a superior one, becoming a ‘slave’ race as a consequence.

• Further crash of the stock markets around the world due to fear and uncertainty resulting in a total economic collapse with across-the-board consequences.

• Far reaching implications on our religious belief systems.

I think in this period of economic melt down, any hope of disclosure is misplaced.

Darn!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I dont think we need worry about economic meltdown as being the reason AGAINST disclosure, that may well happen anyway without cosmic forces at play, it did in the 1930s, and it will happen again! I also DONT ascribe to the mass panic theory, humanity is far better prepared to cope with First Contact than it was 60 years ago, and more to the point we have been conditioned and primed for such a scenerio. However i DO accept that relgious extremists will make a fuss. Al Quiedea for example will lose face and decide to go out with a bang not a whimper as world relgions crumble when huamnity realises that the whole thing is a joke, We will still have a belief system but not like we have now. I suspect it will be a broader based system in the beleif of a Creator, the One God beleif system, rahter than the indiviual religions we have now. But hey that's just my personal opnion.
And i think now is ideal for First Contact. What a wonderful distraction from our current problems to be distracted by Cosmic Events. It will be just thew ticket to reinvgorate the world economy too as new technologies are realised and the world underoges changes.
As to the evil ailen agenda arguement, i dont think that is a logical argument, purely becasue we would have been taken over pre nuclear age if that were the case, so i do reckon it will be peaceful contact.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

world relgions crumble when huamnity realises that the whole thing is a joke

how presumptuous of you to decide for all of us that disclosure or aliens landing would prove religions are a "joke"

what if the E.T.'s know about a universal God and agree that one does exist ?

would it all be a joke then ?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

world relgions crumble when huamnity realises that the whole thing is a joke

how presumptuous of you to decide for all of us that disclosure or aliens landing would prove religions are a "joke"

what if the E.T.'s know about a universal God and agree that one does exist ?

would it all be a joke then ?

I'd like to see proof. Until then, I'll remain religion free.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Mike I am all for this but what happened after all the last x conferences.

Nothing as I can tell except for a great turnout.
Sorry not anything! they had all the people in our world who are credible come forward and risk themselves in their truth, and not much happened towards their ongoing goal as u know.

Do not get me wrong if I had organized the past event and had all the credible witnesses they had and got a jack # response from the media in general it would be a downer.

I hope for the effort and sacrifice a lot people involved in the conference and the hardship and ridicule these people have endured in the past , works in their favor and they all find peace in their endeavour to tell the truth.

Thanks
Ocker

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge
And this is assuming the President would even have the curiosity and the political will.

And that assumes that if President Carter couldn't get the truth about UFOs, somehow President Obama can.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
With all the sightings on the news, X Conference, Edgar Mitchell and the likes, those are signs for disclosure. However the human activity in space is fairly active right now and it makes it seem that disclosure won't be happening for quite some time. Simply because there are lots of plans up til 2020 if I'm not mistaken. However with India's "malfunction" on their satellite, is pretty interesting.

Since so many people are convinced that there is A COVERUP, the US Gov't should show clear proof that there is in fact no coverup. Such as HD video of them on the Moon, I wanna see the whole freaking thing! The trip up, circling the moon, landing, walking around, ect. But film it in a way that shows there is no photoshopping going on and such, why not?

A lot of times ufology is compared to hollywood/comic books. I don't see why NASA doesn't film a movie in SPACE.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
from what I understand they were interested in investigating UFOs in the 60s, the fbi that is, but after that it seems to have been wrapped up.

I don't think they found much evidence.

here's the real x-files foia.fbi.gov...

[edit on 17-7-2009 by contactee]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join