It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Deadly Sins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
This is a light-hearted post to relieve all the heavy stuff.

Which of the 7 deadly sins are you guilty of?

They are: Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride
Anger

OK, maybe not lighthearted.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Well, all of them actually.

But I have an excuse. I'm human.

A great way to control people via fear and guilt is to make everybody feel guilty for "normal" human behaviour.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Great answer.

I think that a lot of things written and taught rob us of our soul.

I have to admit to everything except gluttony and greed.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Thank you!

Oh wait, does that make me guilty of pride?......

Seriously I'm glad you didn't take that as me being a smarta*s.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Those were thought up
and feign fictive.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
You raised a legitimate question - this list of human failings - if people took this to heart, most people would feel like failures.

I wonder why God made us (if he did) , then gave us all these failings, and then felt that He could judge us on these?

Doesn't feel right.

This gets right back to my argument that people do not choose their own sexuality - and then it is ok to visit plagues on gay men and to judge etc.

The more I think about this, the more confused I am.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The Rulers have delegated this topic to skunk.

I don't mind for myself, but I think that it asks a lot of questions and could be interesting.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Feign fictive?

Sexuality?

Skunkworks?

Oh dear, I'm lost.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Yeah, I didn't get feign fictive.

The mods have binned this topic - ridiculed it.

The other reference was a topic I was discussing before (not my topic) - but my point was that there is no choice, about being human, or about your sexuality.

Sorry if you are confused.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
You raised a legitimate question - this list of human failings - if people took this to heart, most people would feel like failures.

I wonder why God made us (if he did) , then gave us all these failings, and then felt that He could judge us on these?

Doesn't feel right.

This gets right back to my argument that people do not choose their own sexuality - and then it is ok to visit plagues on gay men and to judge etc.

The more I think about this, the more confused I am.

Read the first chapter of the book upto and including the 3rd. With regards to sexuality etc, that is people who are making those judgements.

Its all there as to why we are here.

To answer the topic, I would say ive been guilty of them all at one point in my life.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Pirating , thats is a sin . Nice pirates , yeah we may have to move ALl the indians remaining in Tulas farm here and rescue both types , thats OK now that Silo's indian Joe and vanny are Gone we can do that . they have a home in thier originating universe and it is beeing fought over , when that war ends and we can create a peace with the commonwealth neighbour aka Mr Clapton the commoner soldier type then yes the 2 indian types can go home .

Only rule " No knights of America " , we are so tired of the USA thingy sorry but besides that yeah we are fighting a local pirate the exeter guy sold me on this long ago. The exter said that pirating was our major weakpoint , they were right what a sin pirating by your own local hoodlums . the pirates even turned news of them beeing back into No Pirating Software , software who cares no strip clubs or brothels or DVD's save the kids but legal soft mags with Joyce on the cover .

Nasty ..

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Is it even possible to be guilty of all of those at one time?

I can't see how you can have "Sloth" and "Greed" at the same time. Or even "Sloth" and "Gluttony"...you have to work to eat all that food...which would wipe out slothness. Can you have Pride and Greed at the same time? If you are so proud...what would you be greedy about?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I think that people wrote this list - well, obviously - and that is why it is not logical.

Surely gluttony and greed are the same thing?

Surely wrath and anger are the same thing?

Okay, sloth is laziness.

And envy and pride are actually the opposites?

Ok, I give up.

new topics

top topics

join