It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul punked by in new Movie, calls Cohen 'Queer'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Very boring, childish trailer. Nothing humorous about it at all - it's like a bunch of adolescents discovering sexuality for the first time, and giggling like children. His target audience is apparently 12 year old's.

Ron Paul isn't a homophobe, afaik. He was right to walk out on this childish display.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
It may well be comedy aimed at '12 year olds', but the fact is, that's what a large percentage of adults enjoy. I've been quite enjoying the reaction to this story around the web, Ron Paul apologists can't accept the slightest bit of criticism about their glorious leader in general, and this story just shows their humorless nature even more. Everyone else just finds it kind of funny.

It really wouldn't surprise me if Ron Paul is a bit homophobic, he's an older Christian guy, not that all Christian old guys are like that, but there's a much higher incidence. Most bibles have the old testament in them for a reason, because many Christians still believe in large chunks of it. That probably includes sections like Leviticus 20:13.

I do think under his interpretation of the constitution, he wouldn't use the federal government to oppress homosexuals, he'd just let the individual states do that.

I think it's fine for Paul to run out of the room and be shocked, but using language like 'queer' is so old school now

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by RubberBaron

Originally posted by RubberBaron

It really wouldn't surprise me if Ron Paul is a bit homophobic, he's an older Christian guy, not that all Christian old guys are like that, but there's a much higher incidence. Most bibles have the old testament in them for a reason, because many Christians still believe in large chunks of it. That probably includes sections like Leviticus 20:13.

Having a religious basis against homosexuality is not the same as being homophobic.

I think it's fine for Paul to run out of the room and be shocked, but using language like 'queer' is so old school now

Nothing wrong with being 'old school'.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Wow, the irony.

Some guy starts sexually harassing someone, and we criticize the victim.

If I were to imagine what a homosexual may be offended by here, not that I assume to know what offends anyone but myself, I would think that SBC's behavior is the problem, not RP's.

Has anyone seen Borat? Remember the wrestling scene in the hotel? Epic stuff, to be sure, but SBC seems to really think that homosexuals are hilarious.

I only know a handful of people who are actually homophobic, as in afraid of homosexuals. Guess what? Each of them has had an experience where a man has sexually harassed them, tried to seduce them, groped them, kissed them, etc. A few have found out that their best friends were gay when they made a pass at them when they were drunk.

So do we really need people like SBC perpetuating the myth that all gay men are crazy horndogs who only want to seduce straight men?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join