It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would the authorities keep UFO visitation such a secret?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The human race is not ready for alien contact yet. We as a race have a lot of growing up to do first. We are not ready mentally, physically or sprightly readily for it yet. We have a lot of growing up to do first. Maybe in a hundred years or so but not now. To do so now would do more harm than most people can even dream of. Add up all the reasons other people have posted to the question and you have your answer. For what ever your answer is it still comes back to the same thing. We are not ready.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Answering fixer1967

We as a race are not ready for it. This may well be true but I so disagree with this being the motive of the powers that be for keeping the secret.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

You are right. The fact that we as a race are not ready yet is far now on the list of reasons. I would have to say control is at the top of the list. I really do not want to be around when and if the day comes that we make official alien contact. That day is going to be a very bad day for most of the world.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Answering fixer1967=2

So Steven Hawkin of the UK also shares your opinion, and he is one of the bights minds on the planet at this time. However this is assuming that contact has not already been made by elements of our human society. Over the past 6 decades or even a great deal longer than that. So your answer to this comes down to control, however if an alien society wish to have control over the human race we would be powerless to stop it happening.

I suggest that if we were being visited over the past 60 years or so that it is unlikely that it would take a race of beings such as this such a long time to mount an attack unless which is possible, time means little or nothing to them.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by MAC269]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Hey Mac, you might want to check out this thread (Why all the secrecy surrounding UFOs? All theories welcome!). It's by far the most comprehensive list around.

Regards

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Try this:

4. The Nazis, who attempted to develop and use the flying saucer during the war (called "Foo-Fighters" by us, "Fireballs" and "Flying Turtles" by them), were unsuccessful in developing appropriate weapons for it until too late, and finally traded it back to us during the stalemate of 1945, in exchange for amnesty for numerous persons (including many war criminals), and for other concessions and guarantees (many of which are too numerous or incredible to mention here)

Many more reasons:
HERE

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

It is considered a threat to National Security.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

It is considered a threat to National Security.

And if there are no visiting aliens, then how is National Security
invoked.

The only security is for the Illuminati and we get demolition derby.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I guess you should then take a look at www.abovetopsecret.com...

Illuminati and all the other millions of organizations that have followers are and have been injected into society far before people were taught how to read and write. Simple example is when people thought that Gods (Mythology) were on this planet and governed humans so to in the modern history of man you or anyone chooses to call them Illuminati, Masons, Lucifer, Christians, Atheists Muslims, etc, etc, or what ever one feels that represents you. How else would you control 6 odd billion of species on a planet.

"Humans are a predictable species"

tristar

[edit on 18-6-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   

So my first question is why would they go to such great steps to keep their knowledge a secret form the white mice in general?

Well you may be a mouse but I am not sure what your talking about

Disclosure NSA Style
www.abovetopsecret.com...

MoD to open British UFO X-files
www.thelivingmoon.com...

British Ministry of Defence - A selection of UFO files from The National Archives

Newly released UFO files - March 2009 - National Archives
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

Existing UFO files - 2008 - National Archives
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

France - Releases UFO Files
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Russia

KGB's Secret UFO Files Finally Made Public - Pravda, Russia
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Soviet UFO Secrets Revealed
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Soviet UFO Secrets Revealed - The History Channel
www.thehistorychannel.co.uk...

Canada releases UFO X-Files to the World
www.examiner.com...

Uruguay ~ Declassified UFO Files - ATS Discussion Thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Real FBI X Files:
X-Files Declassified FBI Flying Disk Files
PDF Format
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Okay little white mouse, you can come out now...

The cat is gone

[edit on 18-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
"Humans are a predictable species"

tristar

Yes and 'secret agent man' was gonna email someone

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
There are SO many reasons for the cover ups as it stands. For one thing , the powerbases on this world , revolve around control however exerted over the people. To admit that there is a faction, group, or entity which has pretty much carte blanche to enter at will , a nations airspace, abduct its people, and so on is a massive breach of security , one which might lend weight to revolutionary attitudes by suggesting that if they cant keep these aliens out, then they arent good for very much are they ?
As has been covered already, to admit alien contact would be to throw up lots and lots of questions about technological matters, both past and present. Again , as has been said already , I think one of the most difficult and uncomfortable questions would be "scuse me sirs, but why cant we have free energy if our intergallactic neighbours have stardrives that we cant detect pollution from ??"
Also when talking about Global politics, one has to consider the powers which stretch beyond borders and treaties. There are people opperating vast power behind the scenes of world affairs, pulling strings, cutting them , and ultimately deciding fates , without being elected , ratified, or publicaly announced. To deny this is to embrace ignorance . Baring that in mind, perhaps it does not suit that deeper power for the citizens of this world to know the truth. Perhaps the deeper power knows that an information of that sort , could lead to the people attaining a level of power which could in time overthrow the shadowy regimes at work on Earth.
I do NOT buy into the idea that admission of the existance of aliens would cause a mass panic. North Korea has nuclear weapons, but I havent started building an underground fallout shelter. Kids carry knives on the streets , and yet I walk them unflustered. I cannot be alone in knowing that fate has for me a plan, and my choices will affect the outcome not one iota. I am happy enough with that, and as I said, I cant be alone in that particular outlook. I really cannot believe that if my nations parliment could allow thier expenses to come into question (baring in mind the havock that could have caused) , that they cannot tell the truth about alien life without causing riots looting and general chaos.
But there you come to the crux of the issue. What may constitute a reasonable and understandable excuse for a cover up in the eyes of a fearbased xenophobic government (ie all governments), would seem ridiculous to normal , enlightened folks. Trouble is the only folks who get places in government are megalomaniacs anyway. No one who wants that kind of power should ever have it . But I digress...
The thing is, wether or not the reasoning behind the secrecy and lies is valid in the eyes of the world, its valid in the eyes of the elite, and of course they must know something we dont. But I dont trust that the knowlege they posses would be bad for us . I think , I KNOW it would be bad for them, and thats the only reason we as a race arent standing on the broken bodies of the global political elite as we speak. Because its a secret .

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
Wrong category for this thread, but I will answer with my perspective.

The number one reason I believe, is suppression of free energy technology reverse-engineered from crashed ET craft, beginning with Roswell. The big oil cartels would lose their monopoly overnight, nobody would be able to make money out of the energy industry anymore and the powers that be would lose control over the entire people of the world - we would be free. Free energy technology really would transform the world economy in a way that would eliminate all control over energy. That would mean that everything would cost very little (or nothing, zero) to produce - everything. Imagine the implications - zero transportation costs, zero electricity costs, imagine the effect on wages and the nature of the way our economy works. They simply cannot afford to lose the grip they have over us!

Think about the story on the cold fusion tech that came out only a couple of days ago. It's never going to be released into the public domain, it will be squashed out of sight, never to be seen.. like Ralph Ring when he approached GM with his perpetual motion energy prototype, they demanded that he tear the blueprints up and go back to what he was supposed to be working on.

And that's really where it begins and ends as far as I'm concerned. The question as to whether we can 'handle the truth', is redundant in my opinion. We would all just have to get used to it and accept it. Humans are generally pretty good at that.

i think this person hit the nail on the head.with a sledge hammer,this is a truly good thinking.if it was or is true i would accept it.ppl are narrowminded when money comes into play.again good thinking buddy

[edit on 18-6-2009 by IMSAM]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
There are SO many reasons for the cover ups as it stands. For one thing , the powerbases on this world , revolve around control however exerted over the people. To admit that there is a faction, group, or entity which has pretty much carte blanche to enter at will , a nations airspace, abduct its people, and so on is a massive breach of security , one which might lend weight to revolutionary attitudes by suggesting that if they cant keep these aliens out, then they arent good for very much are they ?

The human evolution has only developed in the past 100 odd years, so trying to compare another entity who is visiting from another planet is comparable to saying an elephant can walk on water. We are advanced but not advanced enough.

As has been covered already, to admit alien contact would be to throw up lots and lots of questions about technological matters, both past and present. Again , as has been said already , I think one of the most difficult and uncomfortable questions would be "scuse me sirs, but why cant we have free energy if our intergallactic neighbours have stardrives that we cant detect pollution from ??"

Perhaps its because their form of ordered society is what we consider as a fascist dictatorship, were you as an individual have no freedom other than breeding and maintaining the common goal of expansion through a system which is put in place without you being aware of. It is evident that people pound the war drums and screaming NWO, well that is exactly how the visitors see our evolution of ordered society and its no hidden agenda or paranoid people, its just how it is to be structured. Having said that, do you now feel relieved in the slightest bit of what is to be, or do you feel angry and bitter at the current state of your nations laws on how it see's fit in governing your every move ?

Also when talking about Global politics, one has to consider the powers which stretch beyond borders and treaties. There are people opperating vast power behind the scenes of world affairs, pulling strings, cutting them , and ultimately deciding fates , without being elected , ratified, or publicaly announced. To deny this is to embrace ignorance . Baring that in mind, perhaps it does not suit that deeper power for the citizens of this world to know the truth. Perhaps the deeper power knows that an information of that sort , could lead to the people attaining a level of power which could in time overthrow the shadowy regimes at work on Earth.

A similar event happened at the turn of the century and was quickly laid to rest through million's being killed fighting for a war which had no meaning other than what has been recorded in history. You will note that although very primitive weapons were used in comparison to forty years later, the death toll was far greater. Moving quickly through time we come to the 90's were the world was shown so called smart weapons. These are the most lethal weapons to date. They do cause maximum damage to specified targets. It is a primitive form of weapon similar to targeting specific genetic code amongst human beings without destroying the infrastructure.

I do NOT buy into the idea that admission of the existance of aliens would cause a mass panic. North Korea has nuclear weapons, but I havent started building an underground fallout shelter. Kids carry knives on the streets , and yet I walk them unflustered. I cannot be alone in knowing that fate has for me a plan, and my choices will affect the outcome not one iota. I am happy enough with that, and as I said, I cant be alone in that particular outlook. I really cannot believe that if my nations parliment could allow thier expenses to come into question (baring in mind the havock that could have caused) , that they cannot tell the truth about alien life without causing riots looting and general chaos.
But there you come to the crux of the issue. What may constitute a reasonable and understandable excuse for a cover up in the eyes of a fearbased xenophobic government (ie all governments), would seem ridiculous to normal , enlightened folks. Trouble is the only folks who get places in government are megalomaniacs anyway. No one who wants that kind of power should ever have it . But I digress...
The thing is, wether or not the reasoning behind the secrecy and lies is valid in the eyes of the world, its valid in the eyes of the elite, and of course they must know something we dont. But I dont trust that the knowlege they posses would be bad for us . I think , I KNOW it would be bad for them, and thats the only reason we as a race arent standing on the broken bodies of the global political elite as we speak. Because its a secret .

I guess my second reply is sufficient enough.

edit: Needed to fix quote tags

[edit on 18-6-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
A possible theory could be that the Earth and all inhabitants are under a sort of "Quarantine" either due to some past wrong that our ancestors pursued against a galactic civilization or another planet, or perhaps it is due to some "plague" that was let loose upon our world either through genetic manipulation or actual sickness or perhaps even a type of energy that is detrimental to other life forms.

The UFOs we see could be nothing more than "watchers" or the equivalent of prison wardens that ensure that we do not destroy ourselves completely, as they are looking out for our safety, but also to ensure that we not go beyond the confines of earth and the moon or perhaps even our solar system. Those who attempt to interfere with this and disclosure the truth of this reality are dealt with swiftly as the main purpose is to maintain order to maximize the safety of humanity during this period of seclusion from the galactic or even universal community. Perhaps by letting humans lead "normal" lives it is in some way "cleansing" humanity of our past sins via a form of natural progression.

In summary, I could see Earth as one large prison with Alien civilizations, or perhaps even other advanced human civilizations, charged with enforcing some "sentence" that went into effect long ago. They watch over us, constantly monitor us, and they seem to be interested in our biology, perhaps to check the progress of the "plague" that led to our seclusion and to see if it is indeed safe again for them to interact with us in person. Currently we are being interacted with via Robo-organic life forms like the Greys.

By keeping this entire reality a secret and reinforcing the "prison matrix" that was agreed upon by our ancestors who had all their technologies removed, our leaders are protecting us and ensuring that we do not violate the terms of this ancient agreement.

Just a theory though.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by DJM8507]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Maybe they want to cover up alternate energy sources, hiding weapon technology from other nations. The government don't want to actually reveal that they cannot control their airspace.
And terrorists could maybe misuse UFO-technology, if it became public.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Dear TrueBrit

From TrueBrit : “No one who wants that kind of power should ever have it. But I digress...”

I think we must have attended the same school.

But I ask you to consider that it may well go far deeper. What if disclosure was to include the apocalypse? The end of the Human race as a whole.

Most people look on disclosure as the reveling of aliens flying around are air space. Or the hiding of new technology to save the world or indeed destroy it.

Naturally the world power order would change and indeed that in it’s self could and possibly be enough for them to keep these things a secret. However to keep this secret must be costing an enormous amount of cash. There has to be an army of people protecting this knowledge.

Could it just be that it is worth protecting??

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join