It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would the authorities keep UFO visitation such a secret?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Why would the authorities keep UFO visitation such a secret?

I have a few questions that I hope the ATS population can help me with.

I have been reading ATS now for some time and I am particularly interested in the subject of UFO and visitations of same.

We all know that there are a lot of cooks out there but having been looking into the subject for a good few years now I have come to the conclusion that there is defiantly something to answer. The reason for this conclusion is their are far too many reports from people like pilots, military, police, etc, that have far to much to looses by churning out BS.

So to begin with the questions, if UFO’s and visitations are a reality as I suspect then it is also valid to say that the authorities in the nations of this world know a lot more than we do. After all they are the ones that have the power over us the white mice and wish to keep it.

So my first question is why would they go to such great steps to keep their knowledge a secret form the white mice in general?

The possible answers that I have heard are, to keep apposing foreign governments in the dark as far as technology gains. My opinion of that is such as it is, is that for example the Russians know far more about what the USA is doing in this respect and visa versa than we do. So this doesn’t hold up.

Another suggestion is that we the public can not handle the truth, especially if they can provide evidence about are religions. This is something that if they are a reality in the first place, in my opinion they may well be able to do. Therefore perhaps amongst the religious peoples of the world this may be a good reason, however the various authorities around the world are spending a vast amount of tax payer’s money to keep this secret.

Could it be that the authorities have silenced one way or another over the years, that no administration can ever tell the truth? This answer could in my opinion be approaching reality. Especially if the said authorities have reached some sort of deal with the visitors.

Is it possible that there is some up coming catastrophe that our PhD’s have either not detected. Perhaps because they don’t have the technology or indeed are keeping quiet about because there is nothing that can be done to stop it? However the visitors have informed our authorities about. Unfortunately I thing this is a serious enough possibility to be the reason for such expense in keeping the secret.

This post is long enough now so I will leave it their and see if any of the great minds out there can come up with either an alternative or confirm one of the alternatives above.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Wrong category for this thread, but I will answer with my perspective.

The number one reason I believe, is suppression of free energy technology reverse-engineered from crashed ET craft, beginning with Roswell. The big oil cartels would lose their monopoly overnight, nobody would be able to make money out of the energy industry anymore and the powers that be would lose control over the entire people of the world - we would be free. Free energy technology really would transform the world economy in a way that would eliminate all control over energy. That would mean that everything would cost very little (or nothing, zero) to produce - everything. Imagine the implications - zero transportation costs, zero electricity costs, imagine the effect on wages and the nature of the way our economy works. They simply cannot afford to lose the grip they have over us!

Think about the story on the cold fusion tech that came out only a couple of days ago. It's never going to be released into the public domain, it will be squashed out of sight, never to be seen.. like Ralph Ring when he approached GM with his perpetual motion energy prototype, they demanded that he tear the blueprints up and go back to what he was supposed to be working on.

And that's really where it begins and ends as far as I'm concerned. The question as to whether we can 'handle the truth', is redundant in my opinion. We would all just have to get used to it and accept it. Humans are generally pretty good at that.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
It's not something I believe (that's another debate, and I won't bore people by going on about it ad-nauseam), so disregard that.

Were they to cover up alien visitation I suspect it's because there's nothing they can do about it. I believe that is the case with some intrusions into each-others airspace during the cold war, and I expect a similar sort of thing would apply to alien intrusion.

For instance, until about the time of Francis Gary Powers being shot down over the Soviet Union, they didn't have the technology to do anything about U2 spy planes. But I don't think it was common knowledge, outside of the KGB and the Soviet security apparatus (and the CIA). I wouldn't like to have been a Soviet citizen who spotted one, and I wonder what reaction the Soviet authorities would have taken. They probably would have played it down, or denied it.

If there were violations of airspace by alien UFOs I suspect that no government wants to admit they're helpless. Same goes with any intrusion they can't deal with, earth based or otherwise. I think the idea that there's potentially dangerous aircraft, or even alien UFOs, would cause a lot of panic in a post nuclear age. Because people would question their motives, and the governments involved wouldn't have any answers to give.

In other words it would be a major political headache.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Keep us all under restraint, like good little slaves; while we pay homage, committing Osculum Infame for our underpaid jobs, and overly competitive environments; keeps us busy chasing our tails, whilst the important stuff goes on "under the radar".
I like the saying about mushrooms- you know; Kept in the dark and fed on Sh..!
Best wishes to you

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Because, there is no e.t.'s.

Remember the show, "The Fall Guy"?

That's what Aliens are, "the fall guy". You always have to have a big bad unknown like "Nuclear War" or "Terrorists" or "Commies".

Extra Terrestrial is rather correct. It is "more" of the land.

In this world? Who digs up the most land?

A. Archeologists
B. Miners (Oil, Gold, Minerals)
C. Construction
D. Land Fill

I'll give you a hint...Archeology isn't even on the list of possibilities.

Do you understand why the "Leaders of Industry" run the nations, not the people?

They dig up things, that the public never sees. This world is like a tree. Ring after ring, only you see the bark.

This dome is home.

Peace

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Because they are not "aliens"...they are us and the fallen angels and their halfbreed offspring they fathered in humans. Thats why.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I will be responding to your proposed question in the title, disregards to the supplied short-essay.

1) Control(keeping population dumbed down, continue abouts their everyday lives so they can advance to where they can own the whole planet, because elitists are dirty pigs.)
2) Religion will freak.
3) Media will freak, want answers.
4) Stability(Control) of the financial economy, given the fact this would precedent new technologies that could change the planet.
5) They have made deals with extraterrestrials involving their secrecy
etc.

Honestly, consider you come from a long bloodline of rich folk, that own every bug that farts, in your hands you have to gateway to other worlds and infinite energy, you think if you were indoctrinated into the ultima lifestyle you would want everyone else to be able to have it? NO.

Bottom line, they're hiding aliens, UFOs, suppressed technology, and ignorance is the fault of Americans not to know this and pursue this, specifically within the government.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I can add another reason - destruction of mankind. If their technology was widely available, it would get reverse engineered (already has, but only by the US) by everybody. Just think about what kind of weapons you can create. And we would use it for that.

But it would be nice to have some form of communication with the other species, if they are friendly. Perhaps they are using us, perhaps not. Not many will know.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

And everything he said.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RiotComing

Well thank you so much to all who have replied to my post frankly I never imagined such a response, and sorry if it is not in the correct place perhaps the mediator could move it to the correct place.

Answering RiotComing

Free energy would for sure alter the balance of power and I am not talking about between nations of the world but between the money people of the world and for sure their would be big resistance to that. Because it would also alter the political balance as the too are as one. This being the case it would also have a great bearing on employment and that indeed would create a possible revolution that perhaps is inevitable in the near future. However I can’t help but feel that this planet need this free clean energy right now before we all go the way of the dinosaur’s.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Another theory is that the aliens have already infultrated the human race. They are already in charge so nothing will be released. This could explain why the military doesn't know anything about well known incidences because it was not really them that was there cleaning it up and sweeping it away.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jackphotohobby

Answering jackphotohobby

There is a good point you make in that they would not like to admit that they can not control the air space especially around nuclear facilities that seam to be popular with sightings. However they do seam to be going to great lengths and expense to conceal a negative.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
So the world won't freak out about the upcoming colonization.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

Answering KRISKALI777

Yes keep the technology concealed and keep us in place maintaining the status quo. This is much the same as the answer give by RiotComing but is there more to it I wonder?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Answering letthereaderunderstand

You say that there are no ET’s you may be right but there is a lot of something that they are still hiding and have been doing so for 6 decades or more. Sorry I am not really with you on the fall guy thing as it was obviously not enough 911 proved that.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

Answering Grayelf2009

They indeed could be us from the distant future isn’t that wonderful it means we have one. I am not really into the religious bit though as for me ET is far easier to believe.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Answering Revolution-2012

Yes it would change the status quo again but is the world not in desperate need of this change, it is my opinion that we can not go on as we are.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Answering Copernicus

Yes but we all ready have that and we have had it for over 6 decades. Being able to kill us off 6 or 10 times over it really don’t matter if we blow the whole planet apart in the process does it.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TamtammyMacx

Answering TamtammyMacx
Well now you mention it I am sure Gorge Bush in an alien but the idea that they are building armies of human looking aliens to clean up there mess don’t sound quite right to me. If they were hear on that sort of scale I think they might just be doing something about Global warming unless of cores they like it that way but this might be another thread.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxyMulder50

Answering FoxyMulder50

Putting myself in the position of an alien wanting to take the earth for my own race, I imagine I would develop a virus that would take out the bulk of the population leaving what I require for slaves. You just have to have slaves right? We would not know what had hit us, we would be gone over night with the use of a technology that is so superior to that which we have here now. Well that is what I think.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join