It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Al-Qaeda spokesman says the US will be destroyed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
(I just found this and I don't know how much credibility I give it, althou I was able to find three sources. This information is 5 days old and this is why I didn't post it in ATSNN. One of the links is a translation from Arabic of this interview, you can also find the Arabic tex. The other links are from Dallas Morning News and Gazette Times.)

We have heard many leaders of Al-Qaeda and other terrorist organizations make statements that there will be more attacks in US soil, and these attacks would be worse than what happened in 9/11 according to these people.

Some Americans think that all that Al-Qaeda is doing now is just bluffing to keep us in terror. With the lattest attacks after the Madrid bombings and the recent attacks in Saudi Arabia as well as other places in the Middle East, we can see that the end of the war on terror doesn't seem to be close anywhere in the near future. There are still leaders of these radical groups that vow that the United States will be destroyed.
More attacks planned on US
[More]

" It will end by the end of America, and it's going to be soon, " said the man calling himself Abu Muhammad Saleh, a nom de guerre for a spokesman for the Saudi wing of al-Qaeda.

The 40-year-old former cleric and religious policeman said he was prepared to participate in an al-Qaeda attack in the United States. He said that all 30,000 Americans living in Saudi Arabia are targets for the organization and that those who died Sept. 11, 2001, were legitimate targets.

Related Links

Islah.tv

Gazettetimes

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Shoot...Guess if this 40-year-old former cleric and religious policeman says we're going to be destroyed, we're boned...

And yes, it's been made very clear by Al' Queda and orginazations like Hamas, that civilians are legitames targets. Anyone who lives in the country they're at war with and follows the law is a legitimate target...They pay taxes. And therefore, they must support everything about their government, even if they vote against it. Oh well, no reasoning with terrorists. May as well end 'em.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Talk about redundancy.
Let's start targetting all the Saudi's, etc., who reside in the USA and other 'Western' countries and see how they fancy it.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
yeah but how exactly are they going to "end america?" nukes?bio warfare?political coup?what?

also as Iraw shows even civillians can turn into terrorists.(burnt bodies being paraded.ring any bells?) if terrorists do get killed they could be seen as martyrs which would cause even more people to follow them and their ideology.as a famous person once said (i cant remember who lol) how do you fight an idea?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
there gonna end america with even more sensless mornic reality shows.

i can see the tv shows now

-who wants to be an american terrorist?-
-The cleric-

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by Trance]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Parrhesia said:
Talk about redundancy.
Let's start targetting all the Saudi's, etc., who reside in the USA and other 'Western' countries and see how they fancy it.

alienaussie sympathises and can confirm of overhearing local pub talk between a few blokes here in Oz that that might just happen very very soon with our local radical cleric loudmouths if they keep bludging of our system on one hand and cry foul on the other. As far as I am concerned they should have zapped the lot of these bastard terrorists right from the start as you can not negotiate with these retards. I can confirm that if an attack takes place in Oz there will be a lot of radical islamic victims to follow as we like to play by their rules of engagement, the famous eye for an eye, as it is the only thing they do understand.
I do feel for the muslems who do not want violence or war and they should be respected and protected in our society, but as for their radical 'brothers' I have one solution: nuke the bastards !

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I think a distinction is in order. The "Base" spokesman said "It will end by the end of America, and it's going to be soon". He did not say the US will be destroyed.

Literally, America is a continent with many countries including Canada and Brazil. But the accepted term America usually refers to the "way of life" of those people (and government) that reside in the United states. And it usually has a different meaning to those living in it and those not.

So what I gather is that the "Base" spokesman is saying that the "way of life" of those living in the United states will end soon.

How will it end? How could it possibly end with one major attack no matter what they used?

Hint

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowHasNoSource
I think a distinction is in order. The "Base" spokesman said "It will end by the end of America, and it's going to be soon". He did not say the US will be destroyed.

Literally, America is a continent with many countries including Canada and Brazil. But the accepted term America usually refers to the "way of life" of those people (and government) that reside in the United states. And it usually has a different meaning to those living in it and those not.

So what I gather is that the "Base" spokesman is saying that the "way of life" of those living in the United states will end soon.

How will it end? How could it possibly end with one major attack no matter what they used?

Hint

Shadow, interesting analysis. I'm intrigued by how you brought it together to Clark's martial law prediction as the tie in to end of what is considered "America".

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trance
there gonna end america with even more sensless mornic reality shows.

i can see the tv shows now

-who wants to be an american terrorist?-
-The cleric-

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by Trance]

LMFAO!!, Its all to true.. Funny thing is People would watch it every night. Dont worry we will blow ourselves up before they do. They just like to threaten

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
You know, I hear all this trash talking and BS that supposedly Al Quaeda spews about destroying us, making us pay, yada yada, and it all sounds the same. Its kind of like the tough guy who wins a fight by a sucker punch acting like hes king turd of the poo mountain. Since their only successful attack on american soil (911) they have went after targets connected to us but outside our physical borders. I thought they were supposed to be this unstoppable devine force sent by Allah to kick our asses or something? Why then are they going after everything but mainland america? Quite simply its cause they got lucky once, and now they know damn well that to try it again would result in a horrible and very public failure. And just like in prision, it probably doesnt pay to be known as a wuss on the terrorist playing field.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by titian

Originally posted by ShadowHasNoSource

Hint

Shadow, interesting analysis. I'm intrigued by how you brought it together to Clark's martial law prediction as the tie in to end of what is considered "America".

Thank you titian. Remember...

"They hate our freedoms, they hate our way of life"

"They hate our freedoms -- our freedom of religion, our freedom of speech, our freedom to vote and assemble and disagree with each other." Link

The real question is WHO hates our freedoms?

"You don't get everything you want. A dictatorship would be a lot easier." Describing what it's like to be governor of Texas.
(Governing Magazine 7/98)

"I told all four that there are going to be some times where we don't agree with each other, but that's OK. If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator," Bush joked.
Link

"A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it, " [Bush] said.
Link

You decide.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Shoot...Guess if this 40-year-old former cleric and religious policeman says we're going to be destroyed, we're boned...

That was not really the point of my post, but that they are still looking to attack the US. It would take something really big to actually bring the total destruction of the US, and I don't think they would be able to totally destroyed us, but they can cause a lot of damage and this will not only take lives but the economy might take a dump.

Titian, you say the priest did not talk about destroying the US... Think about it, how can someone bring, or try to bring, the "end" of a nation? Destroying, or collpasing the economy and as Al-Qaeda has demonstrating, making attacks like those of 9/11.

The point of this post was not to bring fear to people, but awareness, sometimes people fall into a state of "complacency" when things don't happen in the US after a while. This post point was to show that the leaders of AL-Qaeda and others are still looking to attack the US.

I am not saying that anyone should be paranoid....There is a difference between paranoia and awareness. Awareness of what is happening is one of the weapons we have against these people. If people are aware when they go out and find suspicious activities, like someone leaving a bag in a crowded area and inform the police about these activities, we can stop at least some terrorist acts in the US.

new topics

top topics

join