It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes Dreams Come True

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I believe I have always had dreams that come true, and I wanted to share this recent event with you all.

Just a little about us first:

My sister died when her son was 18, and her daughter was 5. He went to college and then married, her daughter lived with me. Her son is now on his second marrige and is now 35, and having his first child. Her daughter is now 22, and was just married on March 7th.

I dreamed the other night that I was with his mother, and my mother who passed in 2000, also my father who died in 1984. They were all silent during the dream, nothing spoken outloud, but we were communicating, as we have in many other dreams. My sister lead me from one crowded room to another, people were everywhere in very small rooms like little sitting rooms, we finally got to this one room and there was a small child on a bed playing, he was giggling and cooing, it was precious! He had dark black long hair, no one in our family does, and I didn't think about it until today who that baby was. My nephew's son was born in the wee hours last night, and he has beautiful dark black hair! She already knew her grandson!
The moment my nephew came out of the delivery room the look on his face was sheer terror, he was being told the child's heart had stopped, and he now faced a 60% chance of not surviving the birth, after emergency surgery, he was delivered healthy, but my nephew, he was on his knees in tears, he said his mother was there, he said she whispered into his ear and held his hand, told him his son would be alright, and at that moment his son let out his first beautiful scream. He never 'saw' his mother, no apparition, just her voice and her loving touch.

Somebody get me a kleenex!

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
It happened to me many times, you are certainly not alone...

I was not comfortable at all with it when I was a kid, but later in my life it became kind of cool and interesting. For some I wish they never became reality and for some I wish they never will

They are all in Technicolor with incredible detail. B&W ones, however, never become reality, that is how I know the difference

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 5thElement

I have woke up before and had to question if in fact my father/mother/sister were alive or not, the dreams seem so vivid and leave me feeling as though they were really here, and that maybe I dreamed they died.

My mother came to me in a dream and told me to help my other sister, one who is living, and showed her to me and my sister was covered in blood and beaten up. I went straight to my sister's house upon waking, she was beaten up, her sorry ex had come in and beat her, took their daughter, and left my sister unconcious on the bathroom floor.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Oh well, I was hoping for some responses, I guess this isn't sensational enough to warrant them.

Thanks 5th element for your comments, I will check back tonight for others, I hope some of you are interested in this subject or enjoy the sentiment involved in telling my story.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
This is interesting, actually--I've heard of similar dreams from family members (including my own) in which a departed loved one "introduced" a new member of the family.

Makes me wonder how many others out there also have experience of this...

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Oh well, once again I have failed to incite anyone with a topic that I find exciting or interesting.....On the lighter side though, I dreamed about flying today. I haven't done that in years, I used to do that all the time but just stopped having that particular dream at all.
It was so cool, this time I was flying over a desert, I saw several oasis's and weird birds and lizards, and I landed on the side wall of what I think was some kind of prison, based on the condition and structure itself, an old man dressed in a long white wool looking robe reached up to me and I fly off. That is the first time I ever got that I think I am not only flying, I am a bird.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I have had dreams come true. However, my dreams have always appeared as a type of warning. Almost preparing me so that when that event happens, im more equiped to handle it. You know, I have the reaction "I knew this would happen" and the shock seems to be lessened. Nothing ever life threatening, luckily.

I wont even go into the long [probably boring] stories of my dreams that have come true...........but I have had many and I believe that im not the only one!

What sucks is when you have that dream that you know, because of your experiences, that is not just some random nonsense dream, but it will be a dream that comes true..........and you wait............and wait........and wait.....for it to happen.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

To be honest, I need a kleenex too after reading that. I'm so glad the little guy is ok. It brought me back to when my son was born, he had the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck. All I remember was the how helpless I fealt as not being able to do anything and being pushed aside by the doctors so they could go to work. For a second I felt your brothers fear like i did that night. Sorry, not really on topic but i had to say I'm glad it worked out for your brother and nephew.

My dreams are so random and unclear that I can't say one has come true. The ones that were clear, well lets just say im glad they didnt come true

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Well,

At christmas I had a dream that my younger sister was pregnant. I told her and my mother the following day and didn't think anything of it. UNTIL, halfway through March she called and said she just found out she was pregnant. Unplanned, unexpected. She's 10 weeks along now...so, she got pregnant 2 weeks after my dream.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

That is so cool! Did it leave you feeling as though you were sure it was a premonition or prediction when you had the dream?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
No not really, because I have lots of vivid dreams so I really didn't think anything of it. I was glad that I told my mom and sister though because that was proof haha.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This sort of thing destroyed my life, and if i was you i would keep it quiet, as you may end up being used by people who want to use you.

Governments are always looking for answers, for future events and how they will pan out, and things like nsa will be out there looking for anyone to help them get any sort of answers they need.

Like that randi challenge, is there to entrap people who think they have a gift, and for the government to find people like that. You notice how noosy has ever won the randi challenge. It is just there to find people, like threads on this oard, are meant to get you to open up about stuff like this.

So i would be careful about telling to much about this stuff, and this is to everyone here.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Thanks for the heads up Andy, I have considered before that ATS may be a place where goverments could potentially find and use people with gifts. I consider mine quite valid, I have very good pre-cognitive skills, ( there I go telling again
), I hope I am safe telling this here though, I don't want to move away to some gov compound or underground base!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I have changed dreams, (while in a lucid state) and observed those changes happen here.

Dreams are our reality, not the other way around.

We are dreaming right now.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

By changed dreams do you mean dream more than one at a time? I do that too at times!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

No, I mean by changing a dream that is going to come true, and having those changes happen here in reality.

Basically, altering reality by changing the very dream which it will one day become.

That's what I mean.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

I see, that is something I have never done, I never feel I have much control in a dream, it is more like something is being shown to me. Like the Caylee Anthony case, I had a dream of her, I posted on a thread here some of what I saw, and sent a u2u to the OP of it with more detail, and so much of what I saw was correct, but looking back I don't think I could have changed anything that would have caused a different outcome. When I saw the area she was found in though it was uncanny how much detail I had seen that was correct.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

That is understandable, as our dreams for the most part are much like watching a movie.

There is a realization you may one day have when you start to really understand what it means to be the dreamer. Every dream you have, you are creating.

Dreams are a form of thought, and you project your thoughts into virtual reality reflection we call dreams. Often, as with lots of us, we tend to just engage the dream in observation mode.

We can however, engage the dream in creator mode, where we control the dream and create it based on our thoughts.

As for precognitive dreaming, and changing a precognitive dream before it happens. I have had my share of personal experience with this over the years.

Enough to say we can alter a precognitive dream, thus affecting change in this reality.

Not all dreams are precognitive, and we dream on many many deep levels at once. Dreams as you have observed are layered and you can have more then one dream ongoing at once.

Linear thought and time need not apply. A dream is more like a spectrum of light and having many layers or colors within the spectrum. Much like a DVD reading different color layers at once.

We dream on many layers and one particular layer is precognitive in nature where what we dream there, becomes reality here.

Now that I introduced you to the possibility feel free to explore that in your dreams, and have fun.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I have dreams. lol. Some are nothing....
Some happen the next day, down to the very detail...
I can never tell what dreams are real, and what dreams are not real. Well not until the events start to take place in real life and I remember the dream....
Most of them have to do with really pointless events, like stuff that I wouldn't care to know ahead of time in the first place, prevent, or anything.
They're damned pointless. Like some natural phenomenon that just is, can't be controlled or particularly used for anything...just observed. Unless I am supposed to learn how to use it, which I haven't been able to. I think it just happens, and I think that it probably can happen to anyone.
Only one time did I actually try to change something after I had dreamed it. Didn't work.
The dream seemed complete in detail. But had conveniently left out the part about how my trying to change the events actually led to the outcome that occurred in the dream to start with....
Very trippy. Somewhat frustrating lol....

They started before 911. I was 15 and didn't even know what the world trade centre was. I had one dream about it each night for 3 nights before the towers were hit. I learned details about these buildings in my dream that I heard for the first time in real life on TV on Sept 11. It was almost nauseating to discover what the dreams had been about...
See what I mean? Useless....useless useless...even if I had known what the WTC was and that this was a sort of prophetic dream or whatever, what could I have done about it? I don't even know anybody that is in NY or would go there for any reason.....I wouldn't even know who to tell...let alone how the hell would anyone believe it anyway...
Sorry, I don't mean to be negative. I'm just trying to figure out what this stuff is for.
I mean, I'd like to have something USEFUL lol....otherwise it just baffles me and takes up my time and attention and nothing changes despite it....

[edit on 7-4-2009 by phoebeflakes]

[edit on 7-4-2009 by phoebeflakes]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by phoebeflakes

I had my own 'pre 9/11' dream, I woke up and told my hubby that I had dreamed all night about falling through the air, all around me was gray dust and concrete, I could see papers flying through the air, metal pieces with an odd shape over and over, I heard screams and crying, I never hit the ground in the dream, I just kept falling. When I went downstairs I turned on the TV, and saw people covered in dust, and papers flying around, when I saw the dust cloud literally chasing a crowd down the street, I knew this is what I had seen, the same dust, the same papers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join