It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones on Rush Limbaugh!?!?!?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
So today on my way to work I'm listening to Rush as I navigate traffic, my attention shifting to the four way stop as I approach.

Suddenly I hear this voice rumbling through my speakers and all I could think was WTF!!!!! That's ALEX JONES!
I was truly stunned.

Turns out it was a commercial AJ had done for "certain survivalist seed selling company".

So I start wondering "why?".
Why has the RL show allowed this ad to air? Yes, they paid money for the spot. But I'm sure many, many other companies also have the resources to buy that spot. And I'm sure the RL show execs know who AJ is, so why wouldn't they opt more reputable sponsor?

Perhaps, I thought, that this was a clever jab at all the liberals who listen to every word RL says, waiting for him to says something they can sink their teeth into. Surely these same are well aware of Alex Jone's latest film. And surely, as AJ's voice booms in their ears, their eyes are turning red.

Or perhaps it's no big deal at all?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I consider my self to be extremely liberal. Or have my whole life.

But I enjoy the heck out of Alex Jones, and listen to his podcasts daily.

I loathe Rush Limbaugh.

Don't liberals like Alex Jones? What is the poke to liberals in this?

I am sorry I am so clueless why AJ advertising on Rush is so surprising, but I never listen to Rush at all.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Well, I assumed AJ is considered a fringe wacko conspiracist by the MSM. So why would RL discredit himself by the implied association if not to thumb his nose at the liberal media with an "Obama Deception" reference?

[edit on 4-4-2009 by GuyverUnit I]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
this thread will be moved within seconds

this is a section where u post news with a source link
not just what you report without a source link
this is not a commentary section

don't worry though
I did the same mistakes at first

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Actually, this thread is in yellow titles. I think the forum you are talking about is in white and prompts you for SOURCE and url and article title, which this thread did not.

But, yeah, I guessed as to where to post, so I could be wrong. They don't make it easy to figure out.

EDIT- Now I see it is indeed in the "super forum".

[edit on 4-4-2009 by GuyverUnit I]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Actually AJ isn't really a partisan. He regularly rips both sides apart. All the while, depending on what group is in power, they'll call him a liberal or a neo-con.

It's really quite silly, and he's even addressed it on his radio shows.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I'm not challenging AJ's position on anything.
I'm just surprised he has reached some sort of mainstream acceptance. And wondering why on RL of all places?

join