It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Ok, i've been reading these boards more and more and became more and more interested with it, so I figured I would sign up. Now, I am a Atheist(I think). I don't believe in God, and I don't really believe in Satan. SO am I a Atheist?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   
This kind of post would be more appropriate in the BTS Faith, Theology and Spirituality forum. This forum is more conspiracy based.

Main Entry: athe�ist
Pronunciation: 'A-thE-ist
Function: noun

: one who believes that there is no deity

According to Merriam Webster your an athiest.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Welcome Xio, you came to the right place if you want answers, you'll get many. As for you being an athiest only you can answer that. Personally I don't think there is such a thing. When the elevator drops, the earth shakes, whatever, we start looking elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by StationsCreation
This kind of post would be more appropriate in the BTS Faith, Theology and Spirituality forum. This forum is more conspiracy based.

Main Entry: athe�ist
Pronunciation: 'A-thE-ist
Function: noun

: one who believes that there is no deity

According to Merriam Webster your an athiest.

Err no it should be in introductions!

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I don't see a problem with someone intro-ing themselves AND asking a question at the same time.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Im blinded by how fast people reply to posts here....wow...

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
"Im blinded by how fast people reply to posts here....wow..."

Don't go to chat then, the speed is amazing.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Drunk your probably right, I only suggested the other forum due to the nature of his question.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I don't see a problem with someone intro-ing themselves AND asking a question at the same time.

If another Mod doesnt move it then it does belong here

Us mods dont agree on everything ya know

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Cool, just let him know where it is, you don't want to scare a newbie away. I was here over a month before I found the value of BTS.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr.Xio
Ok, i've been reading these boards more and more and became more and more interested with it, so I figured I would sign up. Now, I am a Atheist(I think). I don't believe in God, and I don't really believe in Satan. SO am I a Atheist?

No, I would say not. I saw somthing realy interesting in your post, you said that you DONT belive in God, and yet you are not sure if their is a devil. There is no devil without a God, and vice versa. I suspect that you should not lable yourself yet, because you are not sure. Just be who you are and explore your reasoning, I am sure you will find a path...

posted on Sep, 5 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I may feel tempted not to post here as this thread is almost two decades old, but given the scope of this thread, a December 2021 poll by the Pew Research Center shows that 29 percent of American adults consider themselves atheist.

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Potlatch
I may feel tempted not to post here as this thread is almost two decades old, but given the scope of this thread, a December 2021 poll by the Pew Research Center shows that 29 percent of American adults consider themselves atheist.

"Religiously Unaffiliated"

Is a bit different than Theistic or non-Theistic.

Not having a Church group or Temple groups does not mean one doesn't believe.

For instance I am Theistic but I have no affiliation with a Church or Temple ect.

There's slight nuances one must be aware of in this thing called "language"

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Potlatch

Religion is something one practices.

Theism and atheism is something one believes.

These are two separate things...

Even atheists believe, because one has to believe in order to deny, doubt or second guess.

edit on 10-9-2022 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2022 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: iamthevirus
a reply to: Potlatch

Even atheists believe, because one has to believe in order to deny, doubt or second guess.

no that is not correct,

One has to simply gain the knowledge of the idea in order to doubt, deny or believe it.

top topics

join