It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama ( are you joking)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 5thElement

Michelle reminds me a bit of Dog the Bounty Hunters wife

She wants to be part of the show, when clearly she should not

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
i thought the same thing

the media is going nuts over her and this trip

all she did was go around and hug people and smile for camera's

is that really that ground breaking?????

what did she accomplish??? did she end world hunger and i missed it???

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Could someone please explain to me what was so special about Jackie Kennedy? Really.... And I'm serious about this question, if anyone would answer it please.

Oh and Lady Di? Ok, so she was a princess, from another country, but since she spoke English I guess that Americans adopted her as theirs?

Michelle Obama's presence in the White House is very refreshing, after 8 years of a Stepford, robot-zombie First Lady.

There's at least a little less than 4 more years with the Obamas, so I think that we all have to get used to it, accept it, focus in much more important things other than what the First Lady wears or plants in the White House, and hope for the best for the country. Right?

[edit on 4/4/2009 by haika]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

Jackie O was a rich heiress and Michelle Obama is from a blue collar working class family. I do agree the MSM goes overboard on what she is wearing, but they did that to all the first ladies. They had a love-hate relationship with Nancy, but always wrote about what she was wearing. They left Barbara Bush alone, as she is well loved and people would not stand for that.

It is the media's obsession with celebrity that makes them focus on what Michelle is saying or doing, not the important meetings President Obama is having with the world's leaders. They would act the same way with Cindy McCain, so don't think it is just because it is Michelle Obama.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Hmm. What makes me think the OP is a male chauvinist, whatever his or her gender might be?

Of course Michelle Obama is not Princess Diana or Jackie O. Much as I liked both of them, they were basically clothes horses. Their whole lives revolved around the way they looked. They knew their public wanted it that way.

Michelle Obama has a brain. She has better things to do with her time than model fashions. She orders her clothes, for the most part, from J. Crew.

I have to confess, though, that I pay attention to her clothes. The outfit she wore on Inauguration Day was stunning, and she looked fabulous in her ball gown that night. If she's wearing designer clothes on this trip, just remember she's giving business to struggling designers. People will want to have what she's wearing. The two designers of her inaugural outfits were relatively unknown before she made them famous.

IMO she will still be most remembered for her character and her brains. Yes, I did say character.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I do not have an issue with Michelle Obama. I do, however, have an issue with the medias coverage of Michelle Obama. Everytime they talk about her, they only mention what she was wearing.

"Michelle looked stunning in her evening gown"

"Michelle's sense of style is the envy of the world"

mark my words, I do not care what the first lady is wearing, and I would not be surprised to hear that hardly anyone actually DOES care.

She made a speech at a school in london the other day, encouraging the girls to be all that they can be and to consider getting into education. Did the news focus on the message of her speech? Of course not! They discussed what she wore for the speech.

How shallow have we become that we care more about fashion and celebrity gossip, than about actual news?

I hate those celebrity gossip shows, and I hate that the cable news networks are slowly becoming a 24 hour celeb gossip show.

It is getting to the point where, I turn on the news, hear a story about who was wearing what and who is dating who, and I role my eyes, sigh and change the channel.

We really need to get our priorities straight.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

You're absolutely right.
Next thing you know is that there will be some exercise routine for having Michelle Obama's arms.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join