It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama ( are you joking)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
How does this lady even get mentioned in the same breath as

Jackie kennedy. The furor the MSM is giving this lady is appalling.

This lady said " For the first time in my life, Im proud of my country"

What made her proud was her husbands run for the president.

She should never be compared to Jackie, or Diana . This woman should

smile and just shut up.

No one cares what this women wears , SHE is not the story

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Seany]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Thanks for finally saying it out loud,LOL! Star for U!

I see no earthly likeness between the women and honestly,I think she is fairly clueless much of the time.

I'm sure she's a lovely person but not one I shall try to copy in my sense of style,manners, or speech

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

So your response to this perceived hyper-exposure is to start yet another thread on her?

Nice rant, she must be doing something right.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Its not a flattering thread

but Ill take your ty, for my 2nd line

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Seany]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
You are all overlooking the big picture, she's gonna bring back the white house veggie garden! That alone should have earned her major props... But then I heard it was dug using mostly child labor!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beaverg

HAHAHA!
Best laugh I've had all of this dreary and dark week,thank you!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
And all MSM has talked about is what she has worn to meet royalty.
Come on all this news going on around us and MSM is talking about her heels? Yes she is the first lady but come on. The G20 is happening North Korea anyday "possibly now" and MSM talk about her heels

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I really wish we would stop finding people to put upon pedestals.
It's so unnecessary.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It's really hard to see in that photo, but in the background - was that a bag of . . . cotton seed?

naaaahhhhh.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
It seems like ole Michele doesn't have as many fans here on ATS

Probably not as many as the MSM would like to believe TBh

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
They the media and power's that be.

Know if they shove the Bs down your throat enough eventually you will agree.

Heck it worked for obama didn't it.

Now they are working on her image...
I bet next she will sew a flag of America and it will be a national treasure lol

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seany

Your opinion.

And she was right. The america of the last 8years was not the america I grew up around. I dont blame her as an african american woman. For years blacks and other minorities were made out not to be as american as whites through the media and through general social consensus. Shes proud after so long because America is coming back, and I commend her for that common.

I think every african american in particular felt especially proud of their nation when white americans gave a black candidate the chance to be heard. As to whites and other minorities as well.

She should never be compared to Jackie, or Diana .

Thats your opinion. The media doesnt necessarily represent every individual. They are out there to make a buck and publicity. I agree with many of the things they said about Michelle but they dont represent me as a person.

You are right though, she is no Jackie or Diane, she is her own woman and how refreshing that is in the whitehouse after so many years.

This woman should
smile and just shut up.

Really? Is this the american you want? Women to just "shut up and stand in the shadows of their husbands"?? And here you are questioning her patriotism.

No one cares what this women wears

Atleast theres something we agree to.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by Seany

Your opinion.

And she was right. The america of the last 8years was not the america I grew up around. I dont blame her as an african american woman. For years blacks and other minorities were made out not to be as american as whites through the media and through general social consensus. Shes proud after so long because America is coming back, and I commend her for that common.

I think every african american in particular felt especially proud of their nation when white americans gave a black candidate the chance to be heard. As to whites and other minorities as well.

so now she tells her Famous "you are all diamonds " speech in the US and

now abroad . And you buy that !! This lady has had nothing but a gifted life . She attended Princton, Harvard , worked for the Mayor of Chicago and NONE of that made her Proud!!!

This spoiled brat had to have a President husband to finally be proud

of her country.

What can her husband do for a encore, RULE THE WORLD ??

[edit on 4-4-2009 by Seany]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
It's really hard to see in that photo, but in the background - was that a bag of . . . cotton seed?

naaaahhhhh.

Maybe you are too busy clinging to your guns and bibles. Your comments underline my growing belief that this site is being over run by the very ignorance we seek to deny.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
All of your views are clouded by the fumes of stereotype and possibly your own racial bias, think for a second, add in pomp and circumstance and you can make your fantasy dreams come true just like in a 50's Walt Disney story because that's what you are thinking and while your are at it maybe you can click the heels of the red shoes you are wearing together 3 times because there is no place like your home and everyone elses just won't do, all of the high class nobility, girls schools and etiquette classes makes one better now does it ? or even the family name just simply sets one apart in all dimensions,
The fact is that you and many other very close minded individuals have been brainwashed and you need to wake up and recognize times are changing, every race and nation are catching up and possibly passing the once far ahead yet racially divided U.S. that applies to the stereotypical white is the carte blanche and righteous way to look and be and anything different is somehow beneath or never can be as good ideology of the past.

It is hard to turn away from the visions of grace and false sense of what is higher class or lower class inside, this is especially true to any genuine hater of anyone that is different, you know how many beautiful complete dunces I know that would look elegant and seem like they are some sort of royalty and when they open their mouth it is shameful because there is nothing there between the ears outsided of what an etiquette or finishing school might provide.

I am not saying Jackie Kennedy was a dunce but what I am saying is this, I bet you Mrs. Kennedy's wardrobe for those times was for royalty this was possibly the edge in your mind you might be seeing and also because she was presenting herself like that all of her natural life, if Michelle Obama was really to attempt to dress at a very high level and spend money like that it would be shameful in these economic times and people would be up in arms but she is the first lady , you are somehow conjuring up in your minds what we most suspect, subliminal racist ideas and idealogical representations of what is classy, what is smart and what is beautiful and so forth, but the thing is that you cannot help this especially if you share the same traits as Mrs. Kennedy or hold that ideal as some sort of epitome or representation of what is elegant and grand and easily discount and disqualify your own first lady Michelle Obama because her beauty is not what you think in your mind is elegant or beautiful then it is easy to see why you make the statements that you do.

Have you been to Law school or even college, have you ever had to stay up for days or even been to a library to study and prepare to take major college level exams or ace them? apparently you have not because it seems you cannot understand or appreciate her true intellect and IQ,you see the problem is it has been awhile not since possibly Bill Clinton and Hillary have we had the opportunity to have 2 intellectually gifted individuals in the White House, what do you think they just popped up out of some community college or high school equivalency program and worked their way into the White House, Mrs Obama has not tried to even act as though she is Jackie Kennedy, and do you really listen? she even said she was not raised with a silver spoon, she is her own woman and self made at that, this Jackie O comparison is something that the press and media have somehow constructed and it seems like it causing major problems for people that inside of their own minds they keep trying to put them side by side and compare them for the lack of judging the individual for what she is, there is no comparison and Michelle Obama in Character or Intellect is no less than Jackie O, so lets be fair and stop using some simple visual or biased interpretation and try and sell that nonsense that you are attempting to form a valid point about.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by phinubian]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

wow

In my thread and postings , I never once even hinted at race (maybe you have

a problem with that )

As far as her accomplishments, I listed 2 of the best schools a person

could attend,

I think you need to rethink your own closet predjuices my friend

because I DIDN'T GO THERE

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Seany

Like i said it's subliminal and subtle, you probably would not be able to recognize it, so i can't elaborate, i only have to take you at your word, but I really don't see a problem with Michelle Obama, she just happens to be married to the president, so I am going to defend any nonsensical statements and just as you think she can't compare I am here to say yes she can! and yes she does.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

your calling me a closet racist ?????

Im married to a woman from a MIXED marriage !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Do liberals have to forego any and all humor upon getting your receiver/transplant?

And do you guys get more than one channel? Because you all sound the same.

Must be boring.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by Seany

So your response to this perceived hyper-exposure is to start yet another thread on her?

Nice rant, she must be doing something right.

You are right about that, lol...

But, how difficult really was to match and blow out of water "achievements" of the previous first lady ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join