It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't believe in astrological predictions, but this impressed me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'm normally the first one to dismiss astrology as generalized ego stroking and playing the averages that people normally don't bother thinking about- I think sometimes I border on contempt for it because I loved it when I was little, then began to see how silly it was as I grew.

But one book that was particularly intriguing to me in the past happened to find its way back to me again just recently, and unlike others, I feel that it has an average of well above 50% and I can't explain how it achieves it. I'd be interest in theories.

Long story short, this book claims to be able to predict what people are like based on the astrological conditions of their exact birth day (not date though- year is not accounted for). The book doesn't go out of its way to explain how, it just applies the same stuff you always get on a more specific level- which you would think would lead to numerous stunning failures.

Instead, the following entries really became a riddle to solve. (Keep in mind for some of these dates that this book was published in 1994, when many of today's household names were unknown.)

The one that screws with me the most is September 11th. Written before 9/11, this entry provides an even better description of George W Bush than the entry for his real birthday does (July Sixth). That does not seem to make any astrological sense, which would suggest that the success is being achieved by other means- probably exceptionally skilled construction of archetypes interrelated by false dichotomies- that's how I'd set up a system that naturally guides everyone to a description of themselves from an arbitrary (but highly emphasized and mystified) starting point- but I'm not picking up on the execution of it, and it seems to very consistently hit on the defining traits of a subject- it rarely misses the big stuff and just racks up points for obvious stuff.

From Gary Goldschneider's The Secret Language of Birthdays

September 11th: The Day of Dramatic Choice
The lives of September 11th people usually pivot around certain vital and dramatic decisions they are forced to make. These decisions may be thrust on them when they are still quite young, perhaps before their sixteenth year. Later, when their career or private life seems to be going smoothly, when they are well established on their path, they will be met with repeated, often unexpected crossroads. Within a society's limits on freedom, the power to effect choice may be an individual's greatest right. This fact is not at all lost on September 11th people who know how to wield great power through the choices they make.
(skipping a paragraph on the hypocritical and moralizing nature of Sept 11 people)
Politically, those born on this day are likely to believe in the emancipation not only of women and minority groups, but of all oppressed peoples.

(skipping several paragraphs to the Health section)
September 11 people are particularly prone to difficulties with eating and digestion.

And here's one more to get things started (I won't go to much into the descriptions of myself and people I know since that's not the most objective evidence, and also I don't want to paste too much of it since the author certainly deserves to have his work purchased by those who want to read it all.

But here's the first couple paragraphs from Obama's since we started with one that touched Bush so much.

August 4th: The Day of the Guiding Light
Those born on August 4 are often the guiding light to whatever social group, political movement, family or business they belong. Not always cut out to be leaders, they must nevertheless occupy a principal position; indeed they make their influence felt and philosophy known to all with whom they associate. Often they are useful to their group in a largely symbolic role, as they may perfectly represent its aspirations and embody its ideals in their external appearance or lifestyle.
Being able to go their own way is important to the restless and active people born on August 4. Too often they are hot-headed and somewhat irascible when encountering resistance. Because of these traits as well as their tendency to be in revolt against established systems they can only remain central to the group for a limited time, unless of course revolution and activity are the business of the group also!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Would be interested to ee what is says for Feb 17.

Could you post or U2U me.

Thanks in advance.

Mungo

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Me Too! Me Too! What does it say about August 2?? If you have the time, I could use the diversion.
Thanks in advance!!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Hi the vagabond, do you have the date for may 18th? If you could tell me what it says for my birth date?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
hey if you can check out march 11 for me I would appreciate it maybe send U2U thanks!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
nice thread!!

i dont want to comment on the comments ect really coz one can form ones own thoughts on them, but if its not offtopic but related kinda thing i would like to say this in regards to your own thoughts

I like reading horoscopes not coz i want to live my life by them i just find it inerestin people can form a view on a physical patten "the stars" and i cant see why its not possible "tho granted" margin of error that this could be true "see youself in the stars".. as you can tell by my name in very much a logical thinking kinda guy and i dont mind when im wrong infact i like it alot when im wrong
shows im willing to be right nevertheless "trying not to babble on",,

I think each of us are a reflection of the universe in one way or another and dates could infact pin down propeties of the universe? if that makes any sens...

I dont know its just my own ideas i have about life i guess

But very interesting thread i dont want to ask my date or what it says about me but im sure the guy who made the book understood that life is a self reflective thing.

and i do stand by this and i also say the universe is alive via the means of logic in that regards?

meh i dunno
its late !! hehe s+f just so it gets a view coz its interesting

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
How about instead of everyone asking what their birthday info is, how about the OP post a link to this info so we all can look for ourselves.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I have that book around here somewhere...

I had saved my entry for my birthdate in a file on my machine, just for posting's sake I will share it...

December the 14th

Sagittarius (Ophiucus - if counting the 13th zodiac sign)

The day of Selective Exhibitionist-

"December 14 people often impress others as exhibitionists, but in fact those born on this day are highly selective about when, how and under what circumstances they allow themselves or their work to be viewed. Indeed, although they are not infrequently public individuals who are very much in the limelight, they inhabit their own private world into which very few ever gain admittance. It is as if they live in a house doing more astonishing things but only open the blinds when it suits them to do so. Thus, most often they only let people view what they are doing, less often what they are thinking and hardly at all who they really are. Actually, seeming to reveal a great deal can be the best way to conceal what is most private. "
Strengths - Original, Provocative, Daring
Weaknesses - Excessive, Moody, Isolated
BORN ON THIS DAY : Margaret Chase Smith (US congresswoman & senator), Shirley Jackson (short story writer, the lottery, novelist) Don Hewitt (creator of 60 minutes)

I guess if I really think about it, I can see parallels between what is listed and what I perceive of myself... Do I let it drive the way I live my life? No, because there are parts that are in no way describing me as a person.

Will see if I can find it amid the ruins I call my "library of solitude".

[edit on 3-4-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

[edit on 3-4-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Those who are keen to know their [pre]destiny, feel free to U2U me.
I provide highly accurate reading of your birthday.
Simply let me know your full birthday DD.MM.YYYY.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSecretSquirrel

I'll agree, I always liked looking up astrology sites, even though i take what they say with a giant sized grain of salt.

Still fun to connect the dots anyhow.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Alright send me a U2U for November 6th

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSecretSquirrel
How about instead of everyone asking what their birthday info is, how about the OP post a link to this info so we all can look for ourselves.

the OP listed the information...just Google it, here's one:

The Secret Language of Birthdays: Personology Profiles for Each Day of the Year
by Gary Goldschneider, Aron Goldschneider (Editor)

About this title: This guide to birthdays decribes in detail the characteristics and quirks of personality associated with being born on each day of the year. It covers all 366 days in the year (leap year included).
The author combines astrology, numerology, and his own psychic intuition with his many years of observation of the people he has encountered.
The result sets out to illuminate ones' strengths, weaknesses, and major concerns while providing practical advice and spiritual guidance.
Each birthday is given a two-page spread which, ...

there is no free on-line book available to my knowledge,
probably since the book is still being re-printed.

the book combines astrology, numerology, personal intuition
which is not the popular 'horoscope' astrology found in the comics section
of the fast disappearing new-papers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cycles is what Astrology is really about...
year of the rat, & wood/earth is my microverse...
whereas the macroverse we are in is a dog-eat-dog world where
economic wizards peddle toxic amulets of wealth, power, status

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSecretSquirrel

1. I didn't ask anyone for their birthday info.
2. Books don't have links. They are printed in ink on sheets of paper and bound together and you have to navigate your way both to the book and between its pages manually.

Anyway, I can't look up everyone's birthday for them, because I'll end up doing it for hundreds and hundreds of people if I do, and also because that really isn't fair to the author, who would probably love to sell a copy or two. Several libraries in my area do carry it though, so perhaps many of you will have the same good fortune.

So that we can make the most of this subject while appropriately limiting any posting of the book to an amount that is justifiable as fair use, I'd like to reserve quotes for days of major events or birthdates of well known people so that we are discussing something we all know about and can hopefully get more objective results.

What I think would be most fascinating to check out is if anybody has any theories about how such a thing could be hoaxed, or about how it could be legitimate, we can try to make a prediction based on such a theory, and then test it by looking up the entry for some well known figure whose case might make a relevant point.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
God, Jesus, Astrology, Illuminati, Ancient Babylon......

History shows us in ancient cultures throughout the world Mayans, Sumerians, Egyptians, Hindus, pharaohs, kings, queens, prophets, Presidents, Illuminati and those who hold power believed in astrology. Not Sunday morning newspaper or magazine astrology, but real astrological study, which is deep, profound, complicated and absolutely TRUE. The art is based on geometry, planetary angles energies, entities and gods
The real thesis behind Astrology is reincarnation and the LAW. Which is that you will always be the victim of your own crimes or blessings. which is why bad things happen to good people. At some point you come back to be on the receiving end of your own actions. What you shall sow, you shall reap Things that don't make sense or seem fair actually do make sense.
There are lower gods and deities and have been given dominion over humanity for a period of time... BUT they work under a astrological LAW.

Jesus teachings are to have forgiveness and love for your enemy, turn thy cheek do not retaliate for you are receiving punishment for previous incarnations. Live in truth, love charity, goodness and light. When you follow the teachings of Christ you are breaking the karmic bonds that keep you in perpetual hell bound to this solar plane. . Satan wants to keep you bound here for he is the accuser of man.

Nobody will enter the kingdom of God but by the belief and teachings of Christ. The messages of Christ's teaching are your salvation out of this solar plane and out of hell. No soul would have been allowed entry in, to defile the kingdom of heaven unless he had reached perfection....BUT No man had ever reached that perfection...For every man has sin.. BUT JESUS had no sin and and he completed the state of perfection and paid a ransom for you to be free from the astrological law through his death. Jesus said "I am not of this world and I didn't come to destroy the LAW but to fulfill it" (meaning the completion)
The Illuminati the Antichrist are rebuilding and resurrecting ancient Babylon with statues and monuments for the worshiping of the 12 lower gods. Paganism is forbidden in the Old Testament Moses came down from the mountain and clearly stated. That is why God forbids the knowledge of astrology..Through the ignorance of men they started to worship and communicate with the lower deities (fallen angels) and Transgressing the law.
The first commandment says You shall have no other gods before Me.
Revelation clearly states that ancient Babylon will be resurrected here on earth and will be destroyed by the wrath of God.

Throughout the Bible these gods are referred to as the hosts of heaven and for the pagan nations they became objects of worship. However, Israel was not to honor them with such worship:
(Deut. 4:19-20)
And when you look up to the heavens and see the sun, the moon, and the stars, all the host of heaven, do not be led astray and bow down to them and serve them, things that the Lord your God has allotted to all the peoples everywhere under heaven. But the Lord has taken you and brought you out of the iron-smelter, out of Egypt, to become a people of his very own possession, as you are now.
Jesus paid the ransom for your soul that it should break the yoke of the astrological law. Through the belief in Christ and grace of God that you may be released.
Jesus said "I am not of this world and I didn't come to destroy the Law but to fulfill it" (meaning the completion)

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Wideawake08]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Jesus paid the ransom for your soul that it should break the yoke of the old covenant which is astrological law. Through the belief in Christ and grace of God that you may be released.
Jesus said I am not of this world and I didn't come to destroy the Law but to fulfill it (meaning the completion)

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Wideawake08]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ctjctjctj

I got this message in my U2U.

"U2U Flood Control is in effect. Please wait a little longer before you send another message."

Pls email me at ctjctjctj [at] gmail dot com instead coz I can't attach file.
Tks

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wideawake08

1. The reason I study astrology is due to my passion in metaphysics and the chronicles of our universe, and hence, astrophysics. I discovered in my early teens my own birthday reading to be extremely accurate. This aroused my curiosity intensely.

The fact the The Vatican holds the world's largest library on astrology and yet bans astrology from the public, proves that they try to conceal the truth from us. This further fuels my passion in astrology.

2. Now, my question. If our present earth is a karmic prison for fallen humans i.e. us, why do we not have any inkling of our past deeds in order to learn from our own sins and mistakes? Please advise. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
WideAwake08, honestly...this is not a Bible study board. Do you really have to spout all the Christian stuff every time someone talks about something? There are probably more than just a few people here who aren't Christian and/or otherwise may feel your posts to be a bit repetitive. I fall into the latter group.

If you want to study the Bible, please learn it from the standpoint that it is a symbolic work so that you don't come off as preachy as you do. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ctjctjctj
reply to post by Wideawake08

1. The reason I study astrology is due to my passion in metaphysics and the chronicles of our universe, and hence, astrophysics. I discovered in my early teens my own birthday reading to be extremely accurate. This aroused my curiosity intensely.

The fact the The Vatican holds the world's largest library on astrology and yet bans astrology from the public, proves that they try to conceal the truth from us. This further fuels my passion in astrology.

2. Now, my question. If our present earth is a karmic prison for fallen humans i.e. us, why do we not have any inkling of our past deeds in order to learn from our own sins and mistakes? Please advise. Thanks.

I have been a astrologer for over 30 years and have been casting charts for 20 of them. So I speak with some expertise and experience when I posted my response to this. Astrology is the studying of the "law of bondage" where the lower deities have dominion and power over humanity for a certain period of time.
We are born of "SIN"...If you are a rapist and have no consciousness or repentance of your crime..Then you are born again to be the victim of a rape in order that you genuinely feel the pain of being the victim of your own crime..If a soul knew his previous sins he would not genuinely learn the lesson..If you repent and grieve for your sin, ask for forgiveness then you break your bondage.
Lets say the person being raped turned around and killed the person that raped them..Then the soul hasn't learned the lesson Christ died to give them. Now the person that was raped has perpetuated the karma over again by his retaliation and the next life will be one of being raped and killed. They continue on the astrological wheel and perpetuate their Karma over and over again. You always become the victim of your own crimes. What you do to others you do to yourself. Of course this a a extreme example I have given.
Christ completed the astrological law in perfection..He knew No "SIN" and by not retaliating against his perpetrators he left no karmic footprint here.
Man is full of sin and can never enter the heavenly realm and out of the bondage of this solar plane but through Christ's perfection and completion of the law.
Matthew 18:22-23 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
22:
Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
Matthew 5:39
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
When you are a victim and you forgive you release yourself from the karmic bondage. When you release that to God, that's when the perpetrator receives their punishment..
Proverbs 20:22
Do not say, "I will repay evil"; Wait for the LORD, and He will save you.

Our past and future has already been written in time and space..we are now walking through it...That's why the prophets have already warned us of humanity's future.. Imagine a star 10 million light years away..That star may not exist today but we see it because the light is still traveling through space and just reaching earth..It's already been written in space and time but you are just now seeing it...Or should I say walking through it.
I know Astrology is 100% true..But if you are truly saved you receive protection from the malefic planetary aspects and transits through grace.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Wideawake08]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
WideAwake08, honestly...this is not a Bible study board. Do you really have to spout all the Christian stuff every time someone talks about something? There are probably more than just a few people here who aren't Christian and/or otherwise may feel your posts to be a bit repetitive. I fall into the latter group.

If you want to study the Bible, please learn it from the standpoint that it is a symbolic work so that you don't come off as preachy as you do. Thanks.

The answer is simple when you see my name "Wideawake08"
Don't read it or change the channel

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join