It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea missile launch may come in hours

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by JWash

I know exactly what you're saying, and I don't think you have any idea of the type of equipment you are talking about.

Japan relies on radar to detect a launch from North Korea because by the time they SEE the launch it's almost over them. You DO realize the distance between the two countries right? It's 800 miles from Pyongyang to Tokyo. It's shorter than that from the launch site. A rocket will cover that distance in no time flat.

As for the mis-detect, it happens. It happens a lot. People and computers make mistakes. An operator probably saw something flying in the area of the launch site, put two and two together and got five. He reported the launch, they went on alert, and then they realized it was nothing.

Even if Japan's systems were faulty, there were FOUR US Aegis ships in the area, as well as several Japanese Aegis ships, all capable of detecting semi-stealthy targets flying at almost sea level, that all reported the launch.

This whole quote is either it's an operator error or machine error. You're flip-flopped on which it is and Japan never thought to relay and check their sources(Radar & Comm Sat's)also confirm w/ their partner countries who are closely keeping an eye on the situation w/ their resources. Japan just went ahead and blurbed it out there?

And once again if your last post or 2nd to last post is accurate that, NORAD went on high alert w/ Russia, one would think that we would learn from that almost catastrophic event and check our resources. We do this during a shuttle launch, why would it be any different during a missile crisis?

Oh and your Russian NORAD incident. It was because Russian Fighter Jets were flying into American Airspace. Different than a stationary launch, chief.

Yeah, they'll show the launch evidence like the Past, right??

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Right, but again to take my NK stance w/ you again - Those other missile tests didn't have any of the WAR Rhetoric behind it with a Long-range missile that May or May Not have a Nuke strapped to it.

Once again you're failing to understand my meaning. And if the PAST NK "Big Stage" launches have indicated anything, that they're won't be any EVIDENCE of it had indeed taken off, but we have to go by MERE SPECULATION that this time it had fizzled and dropped into the ocean, to where we conviently can scoop it up.

Yes, I'm trying to make something of this shenanigan of a so-called fake-ass launch and I hope that it Frustrates and Pisses you off to no end, at least I have you thinking outside of your comfort zone.

Warmest Regards

[edit on 5-4-2009 by JWash]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JWash

The NORAD incident had NOTHING TO DO WITH real events chief. It was in the early 1980s. I know, I was on one of the bases that launched. It happened twice, once in 1979 and once in the early 80s. So there's one fail in your post.

Late in 1979, something fairly amazing happened. We edged very close to World War III, due to computer errors on our side.

At the time, I was assigned to SAC Headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska.

In November 1979 I received a phone call from the GS-13 (a fairly high ranking civilian official in SAC HQ) that served in our office, a Mr. Gilbert Karr, somewhere between 1:00 and 2:00 AM if I remember correctly. It might've been an hour later.

In the first part of 1978 I had written a display program that compared computer missile reports from NORAD, headquartered deep within the bowels of Cheyenne Mountain in Colorado Springs, to the brand-new (to SAC) direct electronic message traffic from the various reporting RADAR systems across Alaska and Canada and elsewhere, and from satellite "ground stations" in Australia and elsewhere.

The phone call was a bit disturbing.

"Your program is sporadically flashing displays in the Command Post, showing NORAD reporting 2,020 incoming missiles from the Soviet Union. We know this is incorrect, there's nothing happening politically to cause the Soviets to attack, and it never matches anything from the direct reporting systems from the RADAR systems or the satellite systems."

www.tomstockman.com...

I "flip flopped" because without knowing WHICH it was, computer or human that sounded the alert I don't know if it was computer error or human error, but either way they BOTH HAPPEN chief.

Japan sent out a warning to forces in the area that it was happening, and the press jumped on it.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I'm sorry that you had to go through that computer error.

But having 2,020 missiles being reportedly launched at you 30yrs ago is different then sitting off NK's coast sitting there waiting for a War Rhetoric NK move. We had like 2months heads-up and I know that FoxNews and other asian media were camped out in SK. Hence, NK capturing reporters.

Yet, no one caught anything on camera from a distance...

I just want proof of launch, it's supposed to be a BIG DEAL, right?
Perhaps you need to figure out WHY you don't have Concrete proof to support your claims Past and Present. I HAVE MADE MINE KNOW... Your turn.

It's staged and its a distraction/stunt to push a sanction/nuke prolif on a global scale.

Granted, 30yrs ago, things w/ russia and U.S. were alittle shakey. Both young and old can agree on that. Now fast forward 30yrs to today. We have a "supposedly" unpredictable NK that is spouting WAR words that may have a Nuke. I guarantee you if Vladimir Putin used the EXACT same WAR Rhetoric as Kimmy did, closed its border to China, ignored communication attempts by other govt's to persuede not to launch, EVERY SINGLE CAMERA WOULD WATCH RUSSIA BEFORE LAUNCH, DURING and AFTER!!! You being ex-military can't deny that.

But when it comes to NK "Big Stage" launches, nothing. Nothing but Before and After photos, "we won't let you do this again" speeches, and some new sanctions. Thats how I know it didn't happen.

Like I said, if there's evidence from official or non-official sources that indicated that NK missile had "actually" launched, I'll be the 1st to give you a Kudos.

Until then, Deny Ignorance.

Warmest Regards.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JWash

Maybe you should read your own words about denying ignorance. The ONLY country that was calling for war was North Korea. Everyone else was telling them not to do it, and saying they would let it go unless it was going to crash. So why in the hell would the US, South Korea, Japan, Russia, and North Korea all say that it launched if it didn't? The US and allies would be the first to scream "No it didn't!" if nothing happened. Again, no pictures doesn't mean it didn't happen.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

You're not serious are you? Do you know what website you're on? AboveTopSecret.com. Conpiracy Theories...

This may be out of your comfort zone buddy. What I and other members can lay down on you about U.N. is unreal. First I think you should check who makes up United Nations, chief. Hint: Russia, China, U.S. and Non-permanent member Japan.

And then ponder who's having an emergency U.N. meeting???

Deny Ignorance.

Warmest Regards.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Oops, I left out SK. Operator error. haha

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JWash

So I guess the world is all in on the non-launch now. Because statements have come from all over the world, including North Korean allies saying that they launched.

You're right, I forgot that I'm on the most paranoid war mongering website I've seen in a long time. I guess I better shut up now since I've been proven wrong.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It is interesting, I have searched around and cannot find any pictures or videos of this event. However, I did find pics and vids of previous missile/rocket tests/launches from NK. Why nothing this time. There is even pics of the launch pad.......

I also see that NK has announced the satellite is orbiting successfully. However, SK says no it did not make it to orbit.

www.koreatimes.co.kr...

Cheong Wa Dae and the U.S. military said Sunday that North Korea failed to put a satellite into orbit, disputing the North's claim that a rocket launch earlier in the day was a success.

``Stage-one of the missile fell into the Sea of Japan (East Sea),'' the North American Aerospace Defense Command and U.S. Northern Command said in their brief account of the rocket launch. ``The remaining stages along with the payload itself landed in the Pacific Ocean. No object entered orbit and no debris fell on Japan.''

This is supposedly the same thing that happened last time, NK says successful, everyone else says not so....

So what is the real deal with this?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JWash

A smoke trail is all that I need to know. But not even pictures of a smoke trail or any indication that it indeed did fly.

I don't believe that liquid fueled rockets generate a smoke trail. If you watch the shuttle launch, it generates a steam trail at the pad, and the solid fuel boosters generate smoke, but once it detaches and goes to the main liquid fuel engines the smoke trail stops. If you watch a Russian launch, and NK is based on Russian technology, they have very little smoke or steam. The Russian launch pads don't use a sound baffling flow of water like we do here in the US. Here we dump huge tanks of water on the pad to disrupt the sound and the shock wave.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by JWash

So I guess the world is all in on the non-launch now. Because statements have come from all over the world, including North Korean allies saying that they launched.

You're right, I forgot that I'm on the most paranoid war mongering website I've seen in a long time. I guess I better shut up now since I've been proven wrong.

NK's Communist Allies? Iran is best-friends w/ NK. Russia & China relations have been strained since the 6 party talks of de-nuclearization.

NK's allies are on the U.N. that have been pestering NK to de-nuclearize or else. They've been trying to implement strict and irreversible sanctions on a global scale. NK doesn't want to be bound by those "normal" terms.

I'm in NO WAY siding w/ Kimmy. Just pointing out the lack of evidence to support a "real" Big Deal launch thats plastered on every news site and station globally.

Side Note: My theory of the launch never happening, would not be classed as war-mongering. However, a missile being launched w/out evidence of its flight is considered war-mongering.

I would be deeply disappointed if you shut-up because of the fact that you don't have enough evidence to back your so-called perfect picture of the NK launch.

It's as if someone gave you all of the borders of a puzzle but didn't give you the middle pieces. Frustrating isn't it. So instead of believing your eyes, you go by what mass media is saying, even though we on ATS got the info of the "launch" light years ahead of Fox or CNN.

I know you know that, because we spoke then.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

Thank you for your reply. It's good to hear others pitching in and shifting their views even if its for a moment, to stop and ponder, why no video or pictures from official and non-official sources.

I hope more people comment on this irregularity.

Turn on the news station, log on to news websites, the sh*t is on everything, from "disciplinary action" speeches, it made it into orbit, no it didn't BUT NO MEAT & POTATOS OF IT EVER LAUNCHING!

Warmest Regards.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave
It is interesting, I have searched around and cannot find any pictures or videos of this event. However, I did find pics and vids of previous missile/rocket tests/launches from NK. Why nothing this time. There is even pics of the launch pad.......

I also see that NK has announced the satellite is orbiting successfully. However, SK says no it did not make it to orbit.

www.koreatimes.co.kr...

Cheong Wa Dae and the U.S. military said Sunday that North Korea failed to put a satellite into orbit, disputing the North's claim that a rocket launch earlier in the day was a success.

``Stage-one of the missile fell into the Sea of Japan (East Sea),'' the North American Aerospace Defense Command and U.S. Northern Command said in their brief account of the rocket launch. ``The remaining stages along with the payload itself landed in the Pacific Ocean. No object entered orbit and no debris fell on Japan.''

This is supposedly the same thing that happened last time, NK says successful, everyone else says not so....

So what is the real deal with this?

They don't have internet, gv't fully controls the media and cell phones dont work good there...

If they say it was a "go" and is now orbiting..
The people of NK will believe.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
So its a failure, that isnt much of a suprise.

I like how they told NK that it worked and was transmitting data however...

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Don't you love the Speculations of the event.

It feels like when the National Emergency Broadcast System comes across your tv saying: "If this had been an actual emergency..." haha go figure.

I still don't think it was an actual launch. I still believe it has been staged...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Concept X

Well I don't know. I was watching one of the many videos on CNN, and they showed that most of the stages of this launch were successful. From the information given, it appeared that only the last stage failed. The expert they were interviewing acknowledged that this was great accomplishment when it comes to a missile of this size... Perhaps this success exceeded North Korea's expectations.

Kim Jong Il was reported as being very happy with the results of the launch.

[edit on 4.6.2009 by Avarus]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by JWash
Don't you love the Speculations of the event.

It feels like when the National Emergency Broadcast System comes across your tv saying: "If this had been an actual emergency..." haha go figure.

I still don't think it was an actual launch. I still believe it has been staged...

I'm with you on this. Even if it did launch you have to wonder what good it would do for North Korea. At the most, it would prepare for future launches as the U.S. and its allies say, at the worst it crashes, and somewhere in the middle you have a satellite flying around gathering info for a country that is blacked out on the electricity grid. Smooth move Kim Jong Il.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by omgwtfkfc11

I'm with you on this. Even if it did launch you have to wonder what good it would do for North Korea. At the most, it would prepare for future launches as the U.S. and its allies say, at the worst it crashes, and somewhere in the middle you have a satellite flying around gathering info for a country that is blacked out on the electricity grid. Smooth move Kim Jong Il.

What good did it do? NK is likely already fielding calls today from interested countries and other organizations wanting to place orders for missiles.

This was a sales demo disguised as a "satellite," launch. They were demonstrating a significantly improved technology that is now pretty close to ready-for-prime time.

Kim Jong IL is seeing nothing but $$$$$$$$ tonight.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Originally posted by omgwtfkfc11

What good did it do? NK is likely already fielding calls today from interested countries and other organizations wanting to place orders for missiles.

This was a sales demo disguised as a "satellite," launch. They were demonstrating a significantly improved technology that is now pretty close to ready-for-prime time.

Kim Jong IL is seeing nothing but $$$$$$$$ tonight.

would you want a rocket made by NK? Not to mention any $$ they do make off of potential sales would be spent on designer clothing and white girls

[edit on 6-4-2009 by omgwtfkfc11]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
should be fun if it just turns out to be a sattelite.....at first but then turns into that plasma cannon thing the russians desined(just sumtn i head do not trust) but basically... why is everyone saying it is a missile???

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join