It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea missile launch may come in hours

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

A smoke trail is all that I need to know. But not even pictures of a smoke trail or any indication that it indeed did fly.

Much appreciated for your explanations on a subject that doesn't have much to go by via images, videos from official/non-official sources.

In time of such GLOBAL IMPACT and the Reprocussions that NK launch brings to all allied nations!! Did you see Obama's speech about the NK launch??

But yet, not a G.Damn thing "showing" of it ever taking off...

Weird.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
There wasn't last time either, when they launched SEVEN missiles. Or the time in 1998, the first time they supposedly put a satellite in orbit. Or the times before that, or before that, etc.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well they launched something that crashed into the sea, now the toothless useless UN are going to talk about it.

What a none event.!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bicnarok

It's anything but a nonevent. The North Koreans have launched their super stealthy satellite into space. It's so super stealthy that nobody can detect it in orbit.

All jokes aside, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some truth into what the North Koreans said, the cone of the missle probably held a taperecorder playing some songs sung by Little Kim himself.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I demand that Obama negotiate with America's enemies as he has promised if we are to avoid a possible war in Asia. Obama needs to appease to show that we respect strength.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

You're exactly right, you can't get anything on NK's "Big Stage" launches.

However you can get footage on NK's winter missile training test launches.
www.youtube.com...

But you can get to see Iran, Pakistan, India, U.S., Russia, Japan and a host of alot more countries test but never NK. Whether it was in the past or Present.

NK love to flaunt their missile capabilities and have video of their missile test launches. Why wouldn't they NOT want to flaunt their launch on the "Big Stage" especially to sell their products?
And wouldn't the U.S. and allied nations want to show video of a failed NK launch to humiliate them from doing it again?

I call this a B.S. distraction to get us pulled into something. Especially in the today's situation. We are all one incident away from collapse and take over. I don't mean like an invasion but w/ a different agenda.

You know w/ WW3 hovering over our heads, I would like to look at this situation from a different angle. No visible evidence of launch and coincidentally U.N. is recovering the remains.

I can show you a before photo of russia missile on a launch pad and then show you an after photo of an empty lauch site and tell you Russia launched it and you'll probably believe me. Past or Present! Yet, I'll flaunt live missile testing video but won't show it when on the "Big Stage".

Come On!

I'm not trying to frustrate anyone or step on any toes. I'm trying a different perspective. Thats what makes opinions valuable.

Warmest Regards.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Get dragged into WHAT? The ONLY thing that's ever happened in regards to NK and their missile launches is the UN talks to them, and puts more useless sanctions against them. That's not going to drag anyone into anything. It's been happening for decades and it'll happen in the future.

If they were trying to drag us into something they would have shot it down.

As for the Iranian tests, there were test failures in Iran that we never saw video of, just as there have been plenty of US tests that we never saw videos of. Are all of those faked too? All the Russian tests that we never saw on video are faked too? Just because we don't see video of something doesn't mean it never happened.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

But nonetheless they're were videos of them. Whether failuers or successes. Also NK doesn't launch nearly as much as the rest of the allied countries do. We're always watching NK. Who's sanctioning and controlling us Big Boy countries??

Now I'll take my stance on NK again w/ you. On the limited occasions that NK DOES practice test their missiles it's on video. But when they take up the "Big Stage", no evidence of a launch.

Picture Russia, India, SK, China, Iran, Afganny or any other rich/poor country talking w/ the same rhetoric as Kimmy, actually launch a missile, we would have visuals on that missile and its flight. PERIOD!!

Foxnews was all over India's launch and it was a surprise launch.

Warmest Regards.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

And to answer your "fake" response. Where in any of my posts did I EVER mention "fake" iranian launches, "fake" russian launches, "fake" U.S. launches??? Don't put words in my writing.

The only thing that I'm calling out is NK's B.S. "big stage" launches.

It's staged.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JWash

Just because WE don't see the videos doesn't mean they don't exist though. They could be looking them over to see how the missile was modified, or for other things that were changed on this missile, or trying to determine why it failed.

India also taped that launch THEMSELVES and released the video. Who is to say that North Korea isn't showing it on their tv stations right now, and we don't have access to it? Or that it won't come out in the coming days or weeks?

Just because you didn't see something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. That's like saying because we have never seen other countries they aren't there. Or just because we haven't seen other solar systems they aren't there. Or anything else we haven't seen.

I didn't see video of several classified satellite launches that have happened over the years. Are they not up there then? I know of a bunch of them that they mentioned on the news but never showed video of the launch. Or mentioned and said it failed after launch but never showed video for.

No you didn't mentioned faked, but SOMETHING launched because they're picking up debris, and have radar tracks coming from North Korea and ending in the Pacific Ocean. So what is it and how did it get there?

[edit on 4/5/2009 by Zaphod58]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Mo time to get specifics right now, but as I recall, NK's nuclear test was a fizzle too. Not the magnitude announced or expected. No confirmation, but likely not everything went as planned.

Has anyone considered that NK is trying to promote itself and knowledge and technology provider for "bad guy" and rogue states throughout the world?
Everyone needs a specialty, and them more than most.

Mike

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Thank you for your replies. I understand the essence behind all of your posts. But I'm beginning to think that you don't understand mine.

You see, we're going by he said/she said media being told to us by our world nobel politicians. Japan royally screwed up w/ the announcement of NK launch a day before that "actual" launch. Blaming it on "erroneous operation" of Em-Net. That to me indicates, that Japan had no real-time visuals of NK's missile plus they were using faulty tracking system. That leaves the "possibility" that the launch never happened and that it was staged.

Why? I leave that up to you. Perhaps to pass a regulation/sanction through as a global thing? Or maybe it really happened.

On a side note: This by all means was NEVER a secretive mission or w/ top secret cover. So one can't really use that as for why we didn't witness such an important global impacting launch from happening. And it's following reprocussions.

Also please refrain from the "what you don't see doesn't mean its not there/happening" lecture. Thats where I see that you begin to faulter to understand the essence behind my posts. These NK 'big stage' launches are just that, staged. They're distractions to push something through, maybe nuke prolif or some other global sanction(s). We're talking about 100's of Millions of dollars if NK can sell "their" tech and on the flip-side U.S.A. has 100's of Bilions of dollars invested in their space programs/comm. And it's just odd that at this moment in time w/ a reprocussion thats about to happen, that there's NO CONCRETE evidence of an live launch to back-up either of our stories!

You can't tell me that you don't find it interesting that w/ all of that WAR Rhetoric w/ a long-range missile that MAY or MAY NOT have a Nuke strapped to it, wouldn't get visual coverage?

But we sure in hell are being spoon-fed before & after photos and "what we're going to do" speeches. Comprende? haha tried to speak spanish...

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I hope that you're right and that they'll eventually will release video/images of the launch actually taking place. I'll be the 1st one to give you kudos for sticking to your guns.

In the meantime, I'm interested to see what comes of this. I have a few thoughts.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JWash

I know exactly what you're saying, and I don't think you have any idea of the type of equipment you are talking about.

Japan relies on radar to detect a launch from North Korea because by the time they SEE the launch it's almost over them. You DO realize the distance between the two countries right? It's 800 miles from Pyongyang to Tokyo. It's shorter than that from the launch site. A rocket will cover that distance in no time flat.

As for the mis-detect, it happens. It happens a lot. People and computers make mistakes. An operator probably saw something flying in the area of the launch site, put two and two together and got five. He reported the launch, they went on alert, and then they realized it was nothing.

Even if Japan's systems were faulty, there were FOUR US Aegis ships in the area, as well as several Japanese Aegis ships, all capable of detecting semi-stealthy targets flying at almost sea level, that all reported the launch.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Again, you're eluding around my questons having to with obtaining visual contact on the object during a WAR Rhetoric missile crisis.

If what you posted is accurate about radar not being able to track the fast moving missile and they have to go by "seat of their pants" technology and not have NO real-time visual contact - then whats the purpose of Em-Net? A WASTE OF MONEY$$$!!! So again I call that B.S.....

Warmest Regards.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Or whats the purpose of wasting Billions of dollars/yen/euro etc. on satellite communications and that can't track a stationary object through lift-off and still give false alerts?? Don't give me, "It's too fast crap". We can do unmanned drone attacks, create anti-missile tech, drop bombs while flying on real-time targets and plus other secretive weaponology.

What's your response to that? Japan can't afford that? It's too hi-tech for Japan? Come on. Think outside of your knowledge area.

You got to admit that its interesting that NOTHING on this missile crisis launch has been captured.

Warmest Regards.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JWash

If you have to have visual contact to shoot at something then what's the point of radar? You won't even know anything is there to SEE if you don't have radar and early warning systems.

Again, you're SPECULATING that they don't have any video or images of the missile.

Show me where I said they can't see the missile? I said that the Aegis ships that were in the area were DESIGNED TO TRACK SEMI-STEALTHY TARGETS AT OR NEAR SEA LEVEL. I never said they couldn't see the missile. The only time I've ever said they couldn't see them was when someone said that they should have sent frigates to track the test. A frigate doesn't have the radar systems to track a ballistic missile.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JWash
Or whats the purpose of wasting Billions of dollars/yen/euro etc. on satellite communications and that can't track a stationary object through lift-off and still give false alerts?? Don't give me, "It's too fast crap". We can do unmanned drone attacks, create anti-missile tech, drop bombs while flying on real-time targets and plus other secretive weaponology.

What's your response to that? Japan can't afford that? It's too hi-tech for Japan? Come on. Think outside of your knowledge area.

You got to admit that its interesting that NOTHING on this missile crisis launch has been captured.

Warmest Regards.

Where have I said that they can't track it on radar? SHOW ME ONCE where I said that it's too fast to track on radar. JUST ONCE.

Would you say that NORAD is capable of tracking missile launches without false alarms? It's happened twice to them at least that I'm aware of. TWICE the most advanced alerting system in the world had computer errors and reported a massive launch by the Soviet Union. One of those times we were in the process of launching alert aircraft when they realized what happened. Don't sit there and tell me that computer errors don't happen or that ultra high tech equipment don't have errors.

No it's not suspicious that they haven't released images of the launch. You are just looking for ANYTHING to say something about this and turn this into something it's not. They will release images when they are done analyzing them.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Again, if your post is accurate, if SK, Japan w/ Em-Net and U.S. w/ their Aegis radar tracking system, and I'm pretty sure they were accompanied by their satellites for visuals. Even w/ my "lack" of knowledge of these sophisticated systems, one would think, that you wouldn't release a press statement notifying of a launch w/o visual evidence. You know what I mean home-slice? Even if it was an oops.

And on top of that, I'm combing the internet for anyone in the SK/NK and Japan area that saw anything. Nothing at this moment. Please again I know that some people were on the lookout that weren't w/ the gov'ts.

Warmest Regards.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JWash

Yeah, you're right home-slice. They haven't released pictures so that PROVES that it never happened.

Pictures or lack of pictures doesn't prove a DAMN thing. Iran released pictures of a missile test where they added missiles to it. The US and Russia both have had missile tests in the past that didn't have a single picture or video of it. Most of the SM-3 missile tests off of Kauai don't have videos or pictures, and they're going off in a populated area. In fact there's only been ONE that was seen on Oahu that was launched from Kauai, and the islands aren't that far apart. They're using MRBMs in those tests too.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join