It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea missile launch may come in hours

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I was up late when the news broke, and knew nothing was going to come of this.

The thing is, I have this extremely unsettled feeling after watching Obama's speech in Prague, and not sure why.

Something is off....I can't pin point it.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Sure they do. Are you aware of the fact that the missile they're using to launch their "satellite" can't put it anywhere NEAR a useful orbit? Any communications satellite they could put into orbit on this missile would be out of site of North Korea for most of the day. Or that they have NEVER had a successful launch of this particular type of missile?
Why on earth would you risk launching your first satellite on a missile that you have only tested once and that test was a failure? Or try to launch a communications satellite into a completely useless orbit?

Like I said before in my original post.

It's just amazing to read posts from people who have not one clue what is really going on in N. Korea but continue to project their version of *truth* (cough choke) anyway.

Regardless of what you told us (yesterday) to be truth - TODAY North Korea has an operating satellite - in orbit.

Enough said.

peace

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Like I said before in my original post.

It's just amazing to read posts from people who have not one clue what is really going on in N. Korea but continue to project their version of *truth* (cough choke) anyway.

Regardless of what you told us (yesterday) to be truth - TODAY North Korea has an operating satellite - in orbit.

Enough said.

peace

I am not sure where you got your information from about a satellite in orbit produced from this launch. Can you cite your source that says a new satellite has been found? That is a source earlier than your post.

I would also like your source for the statement it is an operating satellite. Even if they got a satellite into orbit I haven't seen any reports or news that says it is something that operates or is functional at something.

Since you seem to be in the know so much about all this I wondered what sources you were citing.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
US Military: N Korea Failed To Put Satellite Into Orbit

WASHINGTON (AFP)--The U.S. military on Sunday disputed North Korea's claim it had launched a satellite into space, saying 'the payload itself landed in the Pacific Ocean.'

www.reuters.com...

www.beurs.nl...

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Dr UAE]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Well never saw that one coming
- I never thought they would get something into orbit, I think the actual launch was the object of the exercise.

Would be interesting to see what this 'payload' actually was - it must be in international waters now right? I wonder if anyone is gonna bother pulling it up - my moneys on the actual payload being nothing like a satellite - probably a dummy nuke warhead.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

like someone said before why do they need a communication satellite when the majority of the people don't know what a phone is.

satellite or no satellite they failed and got away with it we will only see meetings all over the world and then nothing done.

if North Korea was in the middle east we would have seen another iraq years before what has happened in Afghanistan and Iraq.

sorry if my english is bad because its not my first language

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
never mind.

[edit on 4/5/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Lol, NK isn't going to attack anyone. If anything it would be for defense. NK attacking a western power is the equivalent to suicide because they would just get owned. Westerners are so dumb that they'd believe anything the media tells them without thinking it through. The point of developing nukes is not to nuke other people, but rather so that others won't mess with you knowing that they may get nuked in return

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Asset1911

Stop your incredibly rude and harassing messages to me via U2U NOW and on the board. I have alerted you.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
There was no launch!

Please excuse my ignorance but my eyes don't deceive me.

I'm getting a spoonful of info of what the missile looked like at the launch site, what it could have been, that it was successful, no it wasn't, a false launch report from japan, all being described to us via media from the political goons.

But yet no evidence of the launch itself ( no images of it in flight, video of it in flight, etc). I understand that NK is a poor country , NK being closed off and that it isn't technology central but flying near Japan and still nothing caught on camera? On a good day for a launch in the middle of the day...

We get college shootings caught on cell phones, Iran's satellite launch on video, volcanoes erupting in the middle of the ocean and everything in-between on video or camera.

We had like a 2months heads up.

And now they're claiming that the payload fell into the ocean and U.N. and U.S. are retrieving the debris.

Once again please excuse my ignorance and be so kind to refer me to some cited sources.

Warmest regards.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

No they don't. The missile FAILED to get anywhere NEAR orbit. And I stand by what I said all along. What good is a communications satellite that is useful for maybe 15 minutes out of every 90? NONE. Add to that the "launch vehicle" was designed and built to carry a warhead and not a satellite, and has NEVER had a successful launch, and you have a missile test hidden by a "satellite" launch.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah
I was up late when the news broke, and knew nothing was going to come of this.

The thing is, I have this extremely unsettled feeling after watching Obama's speech in Prague, and not sure why.

Something is off....I can't pin point it.

In his speech, he used the words "...global regime...". Those words make me feel a little uncomfortable.

In politics, a regime is the form of government: the set of rules, cultural or social norms, etc. that regulate the operation of government and its interactions with society. For instance, the United States has one of the oldest regimes still active in the world, dating to the ratification of its Constitution in 1789. Although modern usage often gives the term a negative connotation, Webster's definition clearly states that the word "regime" refers simply to a form of government. [2]

source

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Any thoughts? I hope that I didn't miss any clips of the missile flying or I'm going to feel really dumb. haha

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JWash

You won't get any. If the destroyers in the area had cameras they're probably not going to release the tapes. The missile flew, and they'll recover what they can of it.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

And nothing from the japanese residents? Would the missile been viewable during the day?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
You know, I just have a hard time, going by JUST what the politicians are saying and the mass media.

I just want one little shred of evidence that it did launch in the air. With such a GLOBAL IMPACT of this launch has, you would think we would have something besides before and after photos and phone interviews.

I learned my lesson from 9/11 and not to rush to quickly.

Thank you to Zaphod58 for your answers.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JWash

It may have been visible, but probably only as a smoke trail. By the time it got over Japan it would have been at pretty high altitude.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join