It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama's New World Order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Barack Obama's New World Order

news.yahoo.com

The United States is still the same country it was a year ago, give or take about 6 million jobs. But its international branding campaign, as led by the new President, Barack Obama, is so different that the rest of the world might be forgiven if it has to do a double take.

Most of the hallmarks of the foreign policy of George W. Bush are gone. The old conservative idea of "American exceptionalism," which placed the U.S. on a plane above the rest of the world as a unique beacon of democracy and financial might, has been rejected. At almost every stop, Obama has made clear that the U.S. is but one actor in a global community. Talk of American economic supremacy has been replaced by a call from Obama for more growth in developing countries. Claims of American military supremacy have been replaced with heavy emphasis on cooperation and diplomatic hard labor. (Read "Obama in Europe: Facing Four Big Challenges.")
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The tone was set from Obama's first public remarks in London on Wednesday, at a press conference with Prime Minister Gordon Brown, where the American President said he had come "to listen, not to lecture." At a joint appearance with German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Baden-Baden on Friday, a German reporter asked Obama about his "grand designs" for NATO. "I don't come bearing grand designs," Obama said, scrapping the leadership role the U.S. maintained through the Cold War. "I'm here to listen, to share ideas and to jointly, as one of many NATO allies, help shape our vision for the future."

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
"I'm here to listen, to share ideas and to jointly, as one of many NATO allies, help shape our vision for the future."

And while he is saying this, he is allowing the United States to become a police state, where his citizens are spied upon and treated like dirt. Nice try.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
We will survive, and we will remain free. How many of you have referred your friends to ATS? I know they think you are crazy when you talk to them, but if they read other people's posts, it might change their minds. You can't make them join, but at least show them what they are missing. The more ideas we have, the better chance we have of preserving our freedons, and making our country great once more.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The article wasn't that bad actually, but I was amazed to see those words be used! NWO!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I have always been a proponent of if you are going to become involved in government or business management by committee, you truly have to be the leader of that committee or that committee is going to bog down and fail in petty squabbles, turf wars, side and back deals and every kind of nonsense people in no position of true absolute power, try to wield their own watered down version of true absolute power.

If our bicameral legislature has proven one thing over the years, government by committee truly does not work well. Tax payers our constantly being saddled with expenses, projects, laws, and obligations we truly don’t benefit from, so government by committee can pretend to get something sensible done.

That it happens domestically is bad enough, for us to then further suffer that role in our interactions with the rest of the world that it is American money, technology, and man power that pays for, even for our allies?

Here is an idea, let Russia pay us back for the rest of the Lend Lease equipment we gave them to fight World War II. Let France and England pay us back for the Lend Lease equipment we gave them for World War I they still haven’t paid back. Let Germany finish paying us for what they owe us in reparations from World War I, then the cost of the Marshall Plan to rebuild them after World War II. Let Japan pay us back for the Marshall Plan that rebuilds it after World War I. Let them all pay there fair share of the United Nations for a change, let them all contribute equally to NATO for a change, and let them do that without one single red cent of American Tax Payer or Corporate money.

In the meantime let’s withdraw from the World Stage, Israel can pay for itself, the European and Asian Banks can pay for their own foolish mistakes. Iraqis and Afghanis can slaughter one another until the cows come home.

We earned our leadership role in the world, with American Dollars every country always has their hands out for, with American blood every nation seems to need at one time or another for them to stay free.

Participating in a global economy where all our cheap goods come from far, far away, and all our money goes there to stay hasn’t really helped us.

How on earth would participating in a global government in a listening/partnership mode fare us any better.

America needs a real leader, the world needs a real leader, and traditionally the world get’s it’s real leader from America…

Barack Hussein Obama, how about listening to Americans over the age of 25 who actually know something about the world we live in? Then how about leading instead of giving away the store…if you don’t mind?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
We will survive, and we will remain free. How many of you have referred your friends to ATS? I know they think you are crazy when you talk to them, but if they read other people's posts, it might change their minds. You can't make them join, but at least show them what they are missing. The more ideas we have, the better chance we have of preserving our freedons, and making our country great once more.

I care far more about the world than America, and think this was good, unless he tries to become "president of the world".

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Then how about leading instead of giving away the store…if you don’t mind?

He's not giving away the store, he's getting us out of the hegemony business, and not a moment too soon.

This country was created to be a Republic, not an Empire.

The quasi-imperial order we've tried to maintain over the last eight years is something Americans don't want, and can't afford.

I fail to see how adopting a rational foreign policy is bad for this country, and by the looks of the last election, it seems most Americans agree.

We don't need to "lead" (rule) the world, we don't want to, and the world doesn't need or want a single country to "lead" it.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

He's not giving away the store, he's getting us out of the hegemony business, and not a moment too soon.

The quasi-imperial order we've tried to maintain over the last eight years is something Americans don't want, and can't afford.

I fail to see how adopting a rational foreign policy is bad for this country, and by the looks of the last election, it seems most Americans agree.

We don't need to "lead" (rule) the world, we don't want to, and the world doesn't need or want a single country to "lead" it.

I agree.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

We are in partial agreement here! I certainly am not in favor of Empire. I was against Iraq and Afghanistan, against the marriage to Israel in Middle East Foreign Policy, and further back the long occupation of Japan and even longer occupation of Germany, the role we had to play in NATO because of the Cold War that in part only existed because of NATO and the long occupation of the DMZ in South Korea.

All of these things which reek of Empire stem back a lot further than 8 years my friend. These policies have been pursued by Democrats and Republicans a like, and supported by Republican and Democratic majority Congresses alike.

This mess has been brewing for over 60 years now, and just gets more and more potent, costly, and debilitating as time goes on.

I could care less what the current President’s party is (I won’t vote in a phony 1 party system), I could care less about who did what, when and where in the past. I live in the present and have to deal with the future.

The reality is that the banks refuse to disclose where the bailout money they are receiving is going too because it’s being used to service their private overseas debt. The United States as well as industrialized first world Europe has been robbing Asia and South America for cheap labor and resources to hide the inflationary bubbles that have now all popped that until recently encapsulated all of our virtual economies.

We need to get back to running a real economy. Right here in America, manufacturing our own durable goods and merchandise, exporting what is exportable for real hard currency.

The only thing a let’s listen to Europe and the rest of the world strategy is going to do is pick what little is left out of our pocket until we are all Bankrupt, at war and heading for a one world government.

What we really have in common with our major European allies are partners in crime. This cozying up is just all about hiding it here, and hiding it there. This is an effort to not just grow our own government into deeper unconstitutional areas, it’s an effort to grow and begin to merge other nations and their problems into our government while growing their governments towards that.

Like everything we have ever done for Europe it’s us here in the United States who will foot most of the bill for them…

??????????????

I am not interested in a more even global playing field where everyone has less forever, and we have less control over our own individual destinies than ever.

I am not looking at this as being a partisan issue, I would be against any American Leader of any stripe, doing so many reckless, and poorly thought out, hasty things.

I agree Empire needs to stop, take away the Empire, we can withdraw within our own borders and clean up our own wrecked back yard, that was doing just fine until we went global and started giving it away one piece at a time. That started in 1970, not 2000 my friend.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I refuse to take any sort of conspiracy out of this just because they used the words "New World Order".

We are just one country out of an entire world. It's not his fault that he had to be captain obvious and point it out since Bush failed to realize it for the past 8 years.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

And while he is saying this, he is allowing the United States to become a police state, where his citizens are spied upon and treated like dirt. Nice try.

You mean like it's been ever since the 50's? What exactly in his 4 months as President has he done to cause this? What policies were actually from Bush and previous Presidents that got us to this point and what are Obama's?

It sounds like we finally have a man in office who instead of saying screw the rest of the world we don't care! We finally have a human being in office with the power and position to help spread the Democracy and American beliefs that we've held since the United States was created.

I may not agree with everything Obama says or does or even believe the majority of what he says. But, at least he is capable enough to acknowledge that America is no longer viewed and valued as it once was and he's trying to help improve that image to what it used to be or should be.

I'm so sick of hearing about the NWO. Any leader or person in power sneezes or passes gas in any way and you get 5 posts about how they're conspiring towards the NWO.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by zarlaan]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

You still think it was Dubya pulling the strings? From what I've gathered over the last few years is that financial responsibility and doing whats best for your country are not qualities one needs to be President... among others currently lacking.

The New World Order has moved from Conspiracy Theory, to an actual Conspiracy. And it's now signifficant to many of us here who have been pretty much crucified by every possible outlet for even bringing up to topic in any civilized form of conversation. It's signifficant because now its being plastered on every MSM front page and has become a household name in about a week... ok maybe over a month. This is one of the few times in recent history where the people who have been hushed up for years may have actually been correct the whole time.

Interesting time to be alive ya know?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I saw this on the front page of yahoo this morning. It really had me thinking about the why they would use the words, New World Order. Then it hit me. Much like the words Billion, Trillion, Stimulus, etc. it is going to be so over used until the people feel that the words have no meaning. I wouldn't be surprised, if we keep seeing this popping up in the MSM, until one day, when a New World Order is put into place, not many will pay attention because they think it's nothing.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

What is this lend lease for WWI of which you speak? What is this Marshall plan for reconstructing Japan after WWI of which you speak?

(Off topic: Got that reference to the 892 page treaty of Ghent for me yet?)

top topics

join