It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the government began confiscating guns, which states would most likely retaliate?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I think most all states would rise up. The government of the states will bow down because they will be brought to there knees like stated above by being cut off from Federal funding if they do not comply. But the people will not have it, they will fight and it would be like a massive war on the homefront. This is a what if senerio, I tend to agree with a post above that we will be slowly (and are being) slowly manipulated and decieved into handing them over. The government does not want to just go around collecting them and fighting us for our guns, they will try to brain wash us into handing them over first and then they will collect the balance after they have most of the people on there side thinking it is the right thing to do... This is how I see it playing out.... In the what if senerio the south would kick it and take names; in my opinion. we are rebels after all....

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The citizens of Alaska, Arizona, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Texas and Utah will never give up their guns. Period. Add Michigan to that list, also.
NO WAY

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
What if they confiscate all the food and medicine first? Will they tell us to turn in our weapons for these items. Can you hear the screams of your children for clean water, food, and medicine but in order to get it you must turn in all weapons!

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrangeJuice
What if they confiscate all the food and medicine first? Will they tell us to turn in our weapons for these items. Can you hear the screams of your children for clean water, food, and medicine but in order to get it you must turn in all weapons!

Take it a few steps further, have them simply shut down the power grid and see how fast people break, especially if its done during the summer. If you cut off all power at the onset of July in the US and told the population that all firearms must be turned in before the power came back on you would probably see the last few stragglers happily bringing in their gear by the end of the month. There are plenty of ways that the government can and eventually will leverage the people into complete disarmament.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

Yes, The majority is directly controlled by government services. All roads, bridges, Municipalities, Hospitals, Schools etc can easily be used as weight against us. I've lived in a sweltering house before and its terrible. Our very young and old would dehydrate in minutes.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by OrangeJuice]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
Take it a few steps further, have them simply shut down the power grid and see how fast people break, especially if its done during the summer. If you cut off all power at the onset of July in the US and told the population that all firearms must be turned in before the power came back on you would probably see the last few stragglers happily bringing in their gear by the end of the month. There are plenty of ways that the government can and eventually will leverage the people into complete disarmament.

I still think the government will use school shootings, church shootings, kids shooting themselves with their parent’s guns by playing with them, and recent cases like the one in NY to convince us that we do not deserve to bear arms. People will be for tight gun laws, there are already huge anti gun groups all over the place. Over the years we have been gradually exposed via the media to the horrors of guns and many American's are now scared of them and want them to be outlawed. Just give it time and the majority will be for anti gun laws and the ones that protest will be the outcasts of society. Look at our history thus far, that is how all the battles are won by the government, we are slowly but certainly brain washed into whatever the government’s agenda is.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by doorbell412

I would hope all of them. Plus the Army, the police, and other state law enforcement officials. I know Nevada would be kicking an ass or two over it.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Gun confiscation would not work and they know it. They will not even try it. They will make it next to impossible to find ammo. Just look at the ammo shortage going on now. A gun with out ammo is useless. It is a lot easyer to stop the flow of ammo than to even think about confiscation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join