It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the government began confiscating guns, which states would most likely retaliate?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
and which ones would most likely surrender?

I live in Georgia, so I know we'll put up a fight.

......................................................................................................................................

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hmmmm....

Retaliate:

Montana and Texas

Surrender:

California
New York

Just a guess though, I would hope that all states would retaliate.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
You can bet montana would, although there are laws in place to prevent that already. But since over half the population hunt for food, they would be hard pressed to take weapons from the population here. Espicaly since in most house holds here there are about 3 guns per person.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Hmmm. Let me think

"The beauty of the second amendment is it will not be needed until they try to take it" - Thomas Jefferson

Retaliate:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aa7f5e42cfda.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 3-4-2009 by timewalker]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Unless the Governor were a complete half-pack, I would think that ANY and ALL states would object.

It's the ConstiTUtion and all, I mean, c'mon.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Oregon would be very likely to retaliate, and would be very hard to control. Enough people spread out over a big enough area, most of which are gun owners, would be big trouble for those trying to organize a confiscation.

I disagree with whoever said that California would surrender. Recent studies show that as many of 90% of the guns in Cali are unregistered. Californians have been known to carry their unregistered weapons in plain sight out of protest. I think they'd have an issue.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well I hope Alabama will
I know I will but thats just me

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Very simply, "THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!" We have never forgottern the war of northern agression, and if the Federal government once again interferes with State's rights, then I fear the recent unpleasantness will be repeated, with a different outcome this time.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
Oregon would be very likely to retaliate, and would be very hard to control. Enough people spread out over a big enough area, most of which are gun owners, would be big trouble for those trying to organize a confiscation.

I disagree with whoever said that California would surrender. Recent studies show that as many of 90% of the guns in Cali are unregistered. Californians have been known to carry their unregistered weapons in plain sight out of protest. I think they'd have an issue.

I said possibly Cali, but it was a guess. If its true that 90% of guns are unregistered in Cali, then ya i agree with you they would have a huge issue.

edit to add: I really find it hard to believe they would try to confiscate guns in any state, it will probably be the straw that breaks the camels back.

[edit on 4/3/2009 by JohnnyR]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
You can bet montana would, although there are laws in place to prevent that already. But since over half the population hunt for food, they would be hard pressed to take weapons from the population here. Espicaly since in most house holds here there are about 3 guns per person.

Yep, and if the SHTF I'm heading east, I have family in Montana and when I visit them I cant help but feel safe. Plus its soooo beautiful there.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
all of them...you must realize that these people are just looking for an excuse.

they don't have the numbers, especially after the idiots that have to implement the plan switch sides.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Montana, Texas, Arizona, Nevada and Utah

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
If I was to Vote - I would say none initially, and the second or third day .... it would be like a hammer hitting them in all 50 states from all angles. we are prepared to protect our selves and property... well at least 1% of us are.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I don't think they would dare try to go door to door confiscating guns. Well, I do think they would try, but they would spend a lot more time infirnging on our ability to stop them first.

I think they would use deception to convince many people to voluntarily surrender their guns. The brainwashed masses would blindly hand over their only, and last, means of defence from tyranny.

At that stage those of us would die for freedom will be somehow vilified by the MSM, and labled radical. Putting the word radical in front of another word these days is enough to creat fear of and negative attitude towards a group of like minded people.

They would then use force, and by force I mean it to include all sorts of nasty things from chemicals to soundwave weapons to infiltration and betrayal, you name it.

What was that about my cold dead hands.

yeah, that's me!

I can only hope ever other American is with me.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
that is why, I'm proud to tell my fellow Americans ... I have woke up over 11,500 people so far. over the last 5+ years.... one person at a time sometime I get lucky and get a room full but mostly its one on one and I make them promise to caution their families as well. that Fox Monsanto "The Investigators" kills their side immediately... and then Barry Jennings followed up with John Oneil or IRAQ Legal or Illegal..? tons of 911 movies to choose... and since most of the people I talk with are Veterans ... I show them USS LIBERTY right off the bat....

[edit on 3-4-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
Very simply, "THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!" We have never forgottern the war of northern agression, and if the Federal government once again interferes with State's rights, then I fear the recent unpleasantness will be repeated, with a different outcome this time.
I'm originally from South Carolina the first State to secede the Union in the war of Northern aggression, that worked out not so well for us as we got our collective asses kicked....Good luck with that, cause the Yanks have much more evil & decisive weapons now.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Who's gonna be brave enough to ask the Michigan Militia to give up their guns.

Enough said.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by FreeSpeaker]

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I suspect that in the greater scheme of things no state will actually resist because ALL federal funding would be halted immediately bringing some tight-budgeted states to completely stand-still. Some folks might resist, some will probably disappear into the wilderness, but by and large I suspect most people will gladly prostrate themselves before the federal government and consent to whatever they demand. The people have been doing it for decades already so why would they suddenly develop a backbone?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
They won't be getting my guns. They are going to try, I can smell it coming. This was in the news this morning: Call for Gun Control

These recent shootings just seem too be too much of a coincidence to actually be coincidence, and it's putting the Demoncrats and the Brady Campaign into full swing on trying to finish off our Constitution.
If they try to take our guns away, that will be the straw that breaks the camel's back, and they will have a huge fight, if not all out war, on their hands from a vast majority in this country. I for one, will not submit to tyranny.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
as was said hopefully all states will retaliate.
and hopefully it is not a north/south issue- but 50 states vs. a corrupt federal gov't in unity. i live in pa. and believe me pa. is not just philadelphia. i know we will fight against them-we have many rednecks here(no offense to anyone who is LOL)- but they are very adement about keeping their guns as most people and hopefully states are.
i have a feeling if these criminals(oops politicians) do try they will havea war they will regret starting.
and whowas the japanese officer that said after losing alaska "we should never dare to try and invade the mainland US because there is a gun behind every blade of grass"?
smart man-and maybe osabama should remember that

<<   2 >>

join