It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK- The black box that tracks every mile you drive and will make speed cameras obsolete

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

UK- The black box that tracks every mile you drive and will make speed cameras obsolete

www.dailymail.co.uk

Drivers face having their every move tracked by a ’spy in the car’ black box.

The system will constantly check a vehicle’s speed - making cameras redundant - and allow for pay-as-you-go tolls.

The £36million EU project is partly funded by the UK Government and backed by car makers and the telecoms industry.

Vehicles fitted with the system will emit a constant ‘heartbeat’ pulse revealing their location, speed and direction of travel.

EU officials believe the technology will significantly reduce road accidents, congestion and carbon emissions.

But civil liberties campaigners say it will have profound implications for privacy by creating a Europe-wide system of Big Brother surveillance.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Those black boxes are made for folks, who want to be tracked & tagged like slaves or cattle. Humans are not the property of corporations, but they are targeted by companies, who shill for the government.

If you're against being tracked like a criminal or treated like sheeple, you know there's no way in hell that black box is going into your home or cars. Things will only get worse, as long as tyrants rule this world. Fight for freedom, or die trying to get it because that's what you deserve.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I could see them being beneficial for someone has has had repeat or major offenses. But I imagine it would be pretty costly to install and supervise every driver.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This is the last straw for me.... This is Beyond big brother this is being treated like cattle and i personally have had enough, i have alot of ideas in my head going around as to stop this Control Government taking everything, but i am one man, but if we all stopped thinking as an individual and started thinking as a Group, Town, Country this wouldnt be a possibility for the government to acheive.

I think back to the Nazi during the war with the jews in the camps, the jews outnumbered the nazi soldiers 10 to 1 now if they would of rushed the guards in the concentration camps they would of survived a few would of got injured or died but the majority would of succeeded, this is my point all it takes is for that one man to think as a group to get the rest to follow..

^sry bit of a rant

this makes me so MAD!!

S&F for you for bring this to my attention as a UK resident.

SD

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
"Oh dear I broke mine again....no I won't pay for a replacement!"

This will only work if manufacturers agree to install them in new vehicles along with all the other black boxes that exist in vehicles. Retro-fitting is far too unreliable. I imagine new laws will be brought in to ban old cars first. (fat chance)

Precisely why I'm going to buy an old "mini" or something old, reliable, easy to fix myself and economical for my next car..
the only black boxes it will have will be solenoids and fuseboxes.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Yes this is BS and part of our freedom taken from us with this tracker black box, no more driving fast and they know where you are at all times.

all part of the NWO plan to control everyone.

If we suspect this NWO stuff goes way deep and nasty for normal people in the future.

We will have to do something before we are slaves.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
"Oh dear I broke mine again....no I won't pay for a replacement!"

This will only work if manufacturers agree to install them in new vehicles along with all the other black boxes that exist in vehicles. Retro-fitting is far too unreliable. I imagine new laws will be brought in to ban old cars first. (fat chance)

Precisely why I'm going to buy an old "mini" or something old, reliable, easy to fix myself and economical for my next car..
the only black boxes it will have will be solenoids and fuseboxes.

That is the best idea i think i can foresee for this event!!
Nice thinking!

SD

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
my favorite bit is

EU officials believe the technology will significantly reduce road accidents, congestion and carbon emissions

call me cinicle, but how is a black box going to reduce Carbon emmissions unless it is a pay as you drive scheme.

traffic jams happen even without speeding

[edit on 3-4-2009 by munkey66]

new topics

top topics

join