It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Announcing the ATS Press Corps

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
So what is in it for me ?

Simple and to the point.

P.S. Second time i reply to your private message requests. Straight forward answers and to the point, no diverse answers and hypothetical scenarios.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
So what is in it for me ?

Simple and to the point.

ATS is a community of like minded people who share what we know, discover together and hopefully grow in both knowledge and understanding.

To put it mildly, You get to contribute to the community of which you are a part.

I don't see this as asking members to run a raid on Washington, DC or even go too far out of your way. We all have interesting things that happen around us though and subjects that fascinate us that we could explore and write about.

Every year I attend a UFO conference and write a report about it for ATS. I'm there anyway so I may as well share what I learned with my fellow searchers. It's simple, I was there anyway.

This just gives the members a clearer outlet and a chance to share in the add revenue.

These are just my thoughts on it, I speak as a member, not as staff.

wupy

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I mean no disrespect, as a member i understand, its the staff i am directing my question.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I mean a lot of disrespect.....(more then ...a bunch)

Translation for the unwashed:

Our initial budget is such that we have no immediate plans to cover expenses.
We're broke too... .... ...... ...duh......

nor do we expect our first roster of reporters to incur expenses other than gas.
Better fill 'er up..if you go too far... your SOL...we ain't got AAA

However, if someone has a killer opportunity that requires some financial assistance, we'll consider it
If you need to bribe the gaurds at Wright-Patt's gate
with a case of beer....we might spring for it... but we won't throw your bail
why edit.......... perfection?

[edit on 4-4-2009 by Zeptepi]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
you know i mentioned this idea to someone in a thread a few days ago ... how awesome would it be to have a CNN 'version' of ATS? on alternative topics ....

like the idea

[edit on 3-4-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

This is great news, at first I thought it would be something too mainstream and subversive, but having independent freelancers out there is just what we need

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FRIGHTENER
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Just click the 'profile' tab at the top of the board, and you'll be viewing your own ATS profile. Looks like you're at 107 posts...

OR, you can just click on your username Darth_Prime, and get there, too.

[edit on 4/3/2009 by FRIGHTENER]

oh far out thanks mate...

damn 400 away

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Bold move,many kuddos!

I think it will add not only credibility but an even more amazing and controversial subjects for those more curious among us!

I think it's a fabulous idea and look forward to the fruits of their labors!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Im not much of a journalist, But if anyone needs camera work in North Carolina let me know, I have a Sony Fx-1 and know how to use it, haha.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Well if you have experience in this but not 500 posts the Overlord said

Who Qualifies

Any member with 500 posts or more, in good standing (no recent issues with staff) can apply to be an ATS journalist in our Press Corps. Also, if you're a newer member (or don't have 500 posts) with a journalistic background, we'd want to hear from you.

Just be aware that we will need your full legal name and address for the press pass, and to respond to any queries we get confirming your status as a journalist.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I am going ti fill out one of these applications to....
Ive been shopping digital camcorders.

This WOULD help out I think in many circumstances.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I'm definitely interested in this. I think it is a very good idea.

I have one question though: Would we only be 'assigned' to stories in our general area of where we live? Since gas expenses will be on us to cover, it may be a bit much to ask people to travel long distances to cover stories, unless it is something truly major.

Also, someone mentioned this earlier, but writers, photographers, researchers, and videographers should definitely be linked somehow. Maybe a private forum or something like that. And all the writers, photographers, researchers, and videographers should know where each other live. At least what city so that they can meet up and work on a story.

But yeah, I am interested. I'll wait until someone replies to my question and then I'll apply. I think I write pretty well so I'll be applying for that position.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This is an excellent idea. I don't have the required 500 posts count, but i can still contribute in my part of the world. I live in Montreal, and i can get good stories here as well. Anyhow, i could offer my articles to the journalists working for ATS.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
Great idea.

I don't know if we are meant to say so here, but I've applied.

Put my Diploma to good use.

It's going to fantastic to have an Aussie ATSer joining the dots and reporting on the stuff that usually flies under the radar here in Oz.
I am so looking forward to this as well as reports from all our other investagative journalists.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Triple-ly crazy, reporting from Spokane....

Now you want stories on what????....
Underground portals, masons, dimensional rifts...city building....

Nah....

But... if you need a ground leg with a cheap camera on anything specific and legal-- call my name, happy for a walk-woof.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
this is fantastic i cant wait to see what kind of stories we will get out of this there are some extremely dedicated truth seekers here so please please please staff choose the first of these journalists very carfully

I would love to see this work out. It will be a huge step forward for ats and its members

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I think it’s a great idea – I have recently taken on a new position and so I’m out. I really hope the selected team digs out some good stuff and you can bet I’ll be looking forwarded to your investigations and reports.

MJ2

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I really like this idea. It could really turn into a big thing. I'm glad I was here to see the beginnings.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join