It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Announcing the ATS Press Corps

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
well that sucks, i'm 93 posts off. well maybe when i get to 500 i'll apply to do some investigating of anomalous creatures in wisconsin. just another cool thing to add to ats awesome stuff S.O.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I'd like to say thanks for the info

I'd also like to ask If we volunteer some info
would it be possible to have some of us in close areas
directed towards each other?

As in lets say there is a Photographer just a mile away from a writer.
Or a video guy/gal who doesn't drive but is near someone from ATS who is part of this willing to give a ride.

I think you get what I'm saying.

Is this going to stay open for a few days or is it going to be open " forever "?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Will the press credentials be a real credential? I mean will it let the reporters get in to say press conferences and major news worthy events like political question and answer press conferences?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
Will the press credentials be a real credential? I mean will it let the reporters get in to say press conferences and major news worthy events like political question and answer press conferences?

Hey, if the Huffington Post can get into a White House Press Conference, why not?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Truly amazing! This could really open the channels for in depth research much further than imagined as I am sure many places have many pressing issues from UFO's to corrupt police force. At least my area.

A few questions though.

How long will the applications be accepted? Is there a deadline?
I know this seems self explanatory but just to clear things up, what is technically considered a issue with staff?

I look forward to applying as soon as I am eligible.
The code of conduct idea is also very necessary as opinion can sway fact with exaggeration.

Can't wait to see this take off. Real journalism instead of corporately tweaked journalism!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The ATS press corps is a great natural progression and I whole heartedly support the idea.

I am a bit curious as to what kind of support a reporter might be able to expect from ATS. Sometimes a journalist must submit a written statement from the bureau where the journalist holds their credentials, in order to gain access to certain conferences, etc. Simply showing up with an ID is not always enough. If an ATS journalist were to prepare an advance press proposal and send it into ATS, would there be any chance of ATS issuing a letter of support in order to improve the reporters chance of covering a specific story.

The ATS Journalist would cover all costs associated with any such needed documentation, until such time as they have established themselves with ATS as worthy, and until such time as ATS has a revenue sharing deal is worked out. (Does any of that make sense, I hope.)

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Now this is an opportunity! We can make ATS shine a bright light in the vast darkness. A sophisticated, far reaching network of journalists with integrity is something this world really needs. We need to cover topics of importance to the people of the world. To help in the enlightening process. And I'd be proud to be part of it.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I have applied, I think this is an amazing idea! The Journalist will hold a distinguished spot on ATS, I certainly hope I am chosen.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Im interested if there are any other Kiwis to link up with.I have a DLSR and done a photography course and im always up for a roadie(work permitting).So if there are any Kiwis out there especially in the N.I wanting to collaborate drop me a u2u.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I put in an application as well. I have a few stories I think I can do justice to.

We'll just have to see how it goes.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
What a terrific opportunity! I don't know how it would look for an astrobiologist to be investigating UFOs (a topic I've never heard discussed seriously by NAI researchers and students) so I'll have to think about it but I find the idea intriguing and very tempting... I just may take you up on that!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Great news..Long time coming.
get your passes now.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
considers applying ...

... awaits clarification on the subject of expense accounts.

I too am excited about this new venture. We are blessed with a large number of qualified members, each with their own interests and passions, strategically pre-positioned around the world.

I foresee many great articles and exciting discoveries in our future.

are we msm yet?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This is great! A journalism department, in my opinion, is one of the best additions ATS has ever made. As we all know, the current media, is corrupt, biased and as a whole, completly screwed up.

A press core of ATS members who follow the T&C plus as well as real life social etiquitte, I believe, will prove to be an extremely valuable addition, not only to this site, but to the world as a whole.

I feel this is also a great way to mabye help have our topics of choice, bcome more accessable to the common man, and taken more serious by the current media.

I have sent my application in and hope that I will be able to further my contributions the this great website.

Great, smart move ATS

Peace and love

GST (Scott)

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
awaits clarification on the subject of expense accounts.

Our initial budget is such that we have no immediate plans to cover expenses... nor do we expect our first roster of reporters to incur expenses other than gas. However, if someone has a killer opportunity that requires some financial assistance, we'll consider it.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This is a wonderful idea.

I do have a question.

How is this going to be set up?

Will there be editorial and commentary articles allowed?

Or will it be all "investigative" material?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hey why does the press pass expire in Nov 2012?Is there something you know that we dont?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Well, no one becomes a reporter for the money or the glory, just an inner curiosity and the driving desire to learn and share knowledge with the world.

Good luck to all those who apply.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Good luck everyone
Yes..my first one liner

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join