It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 is a joke

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Yes!!Please keep on thinking like a good skeptic!!That'll give the rest of us enough time to gather food and provisions without worry of the sheeple getting in our way,i say good riddens to em...
:
Text

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Evisscerator

Hi, thanks for the post.

I'm not jumping to conclusions here, I simply disagree. I am not ignorant of the facts, I have read almost every 2012 prediction there is and I have seen the supposed evidence that people use to support their claims.

Now I am not saying nothing will happen in 2012 becaue it might but at the moment all the evidence is subjective. The only facts as far as I can see are:

Solar cycles coincide with 2012, ok I agree.

Galactic or solar system pulling in sync due to planetery and galagtic formations. Im no expert here so I will take your word for it but this seems like a plausible idea.

Apart from those two events there is know evidence for planet x, alien invasion, spiritual transcendance and well all the other theories people put forward to push 2012.

I just wish people wouldn't place so much importance on it.

I think there will be a lot of dissapointed people come 2013 when nothing has happend. If im wrong I will be the first to eat my words and for everybodys sake I hope im right

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
hi great post i apologize i sometimes get worked up i'll try to behave myself better..But i just am so tired of debating people and trying to convince family members.I finally am moving to a very well secluded acerage where at least if something does happen ill be able to feed my family and offer at least some protection for my family,that's all i'm saying what does it hurt to buy a years worth of dehydrated/freeze dried food?It lasts for 20 or more years and god forbid something does happen the at least you wont't be running around like a chicken with no head.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Well most of us would hate to be you being worried about something which is mumbojumbo of the greatest kind if Nibiru DID exist it would have been spotted by amatuer astonomers long ago.
I will really PMSL at all the LAME excuses you guys come up with when nothing happens.
Roll on 2013 when all this rubbish stops thats of course if a new date for doom doesn't appear
(WHICH IT WILL)

And what IF we happen to be RIGHT? What then? It will be TOO LATE for you because you have scoffed away every opportunity you had to prepare in skepticism. And I would expect those who have prepared not to share food and resources with you because you don't deserve it. If your PRIDE and ARROGANCE rule your day, so be it. I guess you'll be the happier just living your life to keep up with the Jones's as you are now.

Don't whine or come begging for mercy or help IF it all goes to hell in a hand basket. On the flip side of that coin, IF nothing happens, we'll be in better shape to have one hell of a party.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
It’s true that it’s difficult to know if something is going to happen only on the fact of ancient history.

And who did the wittings of all those calendars from all the diverse cultures thousands of years ago?

If these persons who knew what was coming several thousand years ahead of their time they have to be alien.

Because I think that if you can predict such event you have to be highly psychic in person.
And I can if this really going to be taking place that only alien time travelers know the future?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evisscerator

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Well most of us would hate to be you being worried about something which is mumbojumbo of the greatest kind if Nibiru DID exist it would have been spotted by amatuer astonomers long ago.
I will really PMSL at all the LAME excuses you guys come up with when nothing happens.
Roll on 2013 when all this rubbish stops thats of course if a new date for doom doesn't appear
(WHICH IT WILL)

And what IF we happen to be RIGHT? What then? It will be TOO LATE for you because you have scoffed away every opportunity you had to prepare in skepticism. And I would expect those who have prepared not to share food and resources with you because you don't deserve it. If your PRIDE and ARROGANCE rule your day, so be it. I guess you'll be the happier just living your life to keep up with the Jones's as you are now.

Don't whine or come begging for mercy or help IF it all goes to hell in a hand basket. On the flip side of that coin, IF nothing happens, we'll be in better shape to have one hell of a party.

I am so confident that it wont happen I would spend my life savings on food and sell it to IDIOTS who believe this BS story at a very inflated price then when nothing happens I will be very rich and PMSL at all of them!

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
it's not a matter of 'it will' or 'it wont' its the fact that scientific proof of something that is going to happen exists, 2012 is going to be questionable
for everyone, will anything happen? no one's sure.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Have we all forgotten year 2000 so quickly? This was the last disaster year when planes would fall out of the sky, traffic lights would stop working and the electrric toaster would strangle you.

We all like a good conspiracy and if worst comes to the worst e.g. meteorite hits the earth well so be it, let it happen - knowing about such a cataclysmic event would just make us worry without enjoying life.

Now 2012 - London Olympics and Boris Johnson as London Mayor - I am worried.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I am of the opinion that there ain’t gonna be a big bang and the end of the world in 2012. In the sense of planetary disaster, it will be like the predictions of global computer meltdown for 1st January 2000, when the disaster didn’t happen.

BUT, 2012 is a significant time in terms of a global shift and a New Age. Since 1987 there have been a series of events predicted by various sources, and as they have happened, it has been possible to determine which sources have been reliable.

Now for those of you with an open mind, who are genuine seekers of truth, and want to track predictions between now and the 2012 shift, then I have an idea. How about listening to some predictions, and then seeing how they pan out?

I will explain the source, and then you can check it out. Lee Carroll has been channelling an energy called Kryon of the Magnetic Service for decades, and at the seminars these channellings are recorded and made available later as free high quality audio downloads.

So here’s the deal: It doesn’t matter if you believe that a man can’t channel a message from a being in another dimension. All you need to do is to listen to two audio files and make a note of the main predictions; then wait and see if they happen or not. You just need to be open minded. How cool’s that?

The two files are:

1. Timing of the Great Shift, recorded in Madrid, Spain on 21st March 2009.
Link: www.kryon.com...

2. The Awakening DNA, recorded in Riga, Latvia, on 15th March 2009.
Link: www.kryon.com...

[edit on 12/4/2009 by Tallsorts]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
All this doomsday talk about 2012 gets me thinking about this cartoon show from the 80's. www.thundarr.com...

"The year 1994: From out of space comes a runaway
planet, hurtling between the Earth and the Moon,
unleashing cosmic destruction. Man's civilization is
cast in ruin."

I do believe something is going to happen some point on 2012 even if it affects one region of the world. But the talks about magnetics and the earths axis and all that affecting electronics...there might be something to it.

So we have about 1 year or so left before the big day, why not develop some sort of electronic shielding it this happens? I bet the government already has a few bunkers being outfitted for such a thing.

At least if the machines try to take over the planet at least 2012 they will be shut down :-p

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
What happens when you fly over the equater in a jet? So i expect about the same thing to happen to the Earth and our solar system passing the the galactic middle.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tallsorts

I will explain the source, and then you can check it out. Lee Carroll has been channelling an energy called Kryon of the Magnetic Service for decades, and at the seminars these channellings are recorded and made available later as free high quality audio downloads.

How about we listen to some of his 'chanellings' from over the last few decades and see how many of his 'historical' predictions actually came to pass?

Wouldn't that be a bit more interesting?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
the OP is absolutley correct.
thank god that some people actually are awake

posted on Sep, 27 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
2012 is just a number like we are numbers. some numbers go up and some go down. In 2012 the only thing thats is gonna happen is the sun is going to belch. when this happens the lights go out for a long time. So you might want to get some candles the night before. Lots of them like 1000000 lmao.

Dont be scared people because civilizations come and go and this one will also weather it be nukes, quakes, big rocks, sun burps, or disease we all will die and I really cant wait because then I get to see whats on the otherside and you all will be left here in this miserable dictatorship.

So letter come I say and kiss your sorry asses goodbye LMAO Chickens!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by VampireZio

First I have to give Kudos to VampireZio for the Thundarr reference -- ROCK ON!!

I've been researching the 2012 stuff for years, I find it very intriguing how folks keep adding ingredients to this recipe for disaster.

Everyone jumped onto the Mayan calendar simply because their astronomy was so advanced. They knew the planets, their orbit cycles . . . their calendar is based on solar cycles which weren't "formally" discovered until hundreds of years later. So, if they had all this other stuff right, what does it mean when their calendar says that time ends on Dec 21 2012? So the believers now know WHEN the world will end, they just have to come up with HOW, so all these ideas start flying . . .

The Planet X theory is totally bunk IMO. The Nibiru folks said back in 2006 it was going to crash into the earth, and after it didn't they just jumped on the 2012 bandwagon and decided THAT must be the year. Planet X does not exist. Yes NASA had some telemetry equations that didn't add up back in the '60's and '70's and thought there *might* be another planet out there with some massively eliptical orbit to explain the discrepancy. Later on with the help of Voyager and other data they discovered they simply guessed wrong at the masses/density of Neptune and Pluto and that balanced the equation.

I am very intrigued by the pole shift theory. There is some evidence that this has happened in the past and reasonable explanations why it may be happening again in 2012.

And don't forget the solar maximum (solar flares) potential around 2011/2012 -- supposed to be the biggest one over a hundred years. That I think is our biggest threat as far as TEOTWAWKI goes.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
perhaps, before you go around slandering a certain year of the century, do watch what you throw about.

there should, more than likely, be a solar *flare*(spelling helps, but isn't necessary).

Like most experts in the field, Hathaway has confidence in the conveyor belt model and agrees with Dikpati that the next solar maximum should be a doozy. But he disagrees with one point. Dikpati's forecast puts Solar Max at 2012. Hathaway believes it will arrive sooner, in 2010 or 2011.

science.nasa.gov...

ah yes, by the way, it most certainly is heating up in California.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
The Mayans were real big on public human sacrifice, too.
If we start using their calendar to determine our future, do you think we will adopt some of their customs in our future as well?

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I disagree with the sentiment that 2012 is a joke, but I respect your opinion enough to leave it at that.

My mother tries to convert me back to Christianity all the time I tell her I am an Atheist, but actually I believe something spiritual with happen in 2012 and I don't want to try to explain it to her. I don't think it is necessary.

Which is why I won't try to bother you with what I believe since you probably won't accept it anyways. I know how annoying it is when people get defensive about their world view and think that it is the only way.

Fortunately for myself I am just one of those who are really hopeful that something good and awesome will happen;however, if it doesn't I haven't changed my life drastically in a detrimental way. I'm still getting my degree, still applying for internships in my field and still saving my money for after school. My life isn't so miserable that I need this to happen but if what I believe about it is true then the world would certainly become a better place (no I am not a 2012 doom and gloomer).

If you had heard the positive things I have about what is going to happen on 2012 you'd possibly want it to come true as well, but until these predictions are manifested they are just fantasies with a good amount of evidence.

I just wanted to post this so you knew that not all of us 2012 people are crazies. Just some

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ridgeback
What happens when you fly over the equater in a jet? So i expect about the same thing to happen to the Earth and our solar system passing the the galactic middle.

This is a good point.

Maybe we should just work things out and not just wait something magical to happen. It's kind of destructive, in a way, that people are just on hold and not acting for the better as we speak.

The consciousness shift is a ongoing process i guess, seems improbable that people are going to ascend in a boom.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join