It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama the New Diana?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Link

some quotes from British people from an un-disclosed site>>>

Michelle Obama
Tempted to say she has all the charisma of Princess Diana from what i have seen so far of her. Certainly her presence in London over the past few days had a certain awe about it.

Can't help thinking though the school she attended was hand-picked because of its cultural diversity of students.

"close friend's daughter of mine was one of a few who met her at their school yesterday. She was also on TV this morning talking about it.

But what I found out is the school sent every pupil home because she was turning up. The school selected the best behaved to come in on that day.

So hundreds lost out on a day's education so this woman could make a showing."

she even hugged the queen!
its just not protocol

[edit on 3-4-2009 by asala]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Diana had more charisma in her little finger than Michelle Obama will ever have. The world has gone mad!

And as for her hugging the Queen...it just shows how arrogant she is and the Queen was quick enough to make space between them. She can keep over-stepping the mark and show how not to do it.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by sueloujo]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Not even close

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
ah come on,

we all have our bad reptillian days don't we?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by meremortal

I think it is a little early to compare the two, seeing that she has only been in the public eye for about a year.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Well, if she is the new Diana, I guess we will eventually hear about her dying in a car wreck, riding in back with an Arab and probably pregnant with the guy's baby. Meanwhile I am pretty sure there's some ugly Englishwoman who will be happy to have an ongoing affair with Barack.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I am..trioin to typ but I cant caus Im throw up at tha moment..barffff

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Just another excuse to show that bitter woman looking like a saint. Remember all the photos of her before the election where there appeared to be a halo around her head or some light from heaven upon her?

She has to be shown as likable so that people will become hooked and obsessed with her. If they are hooked and obsessed with her, do you think that they will be more or less likely to criticize her spouse? B.O.'s favor is slipping with the American public. M.O. is a crutch that will help him keep some popularity. Why do you think that Oprah has been shoving M.O. down our throats and becoming BFFs with her? Oprah controls the minds of so many women and when they see that she adores Michelle, so will they.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I think this is so sad.
Michelle didn't go to Harvard and Princeton, became a successful lawyer, spent two years campaigning to help her husband into the white house,become a doting mother to be known for fashion. And to be compared to the President of France wife.
Do they Mrs. France to be a fashion icon? That is ok. She was an actress, singer, and a supermodel. Kinda goes with the career.
But Michelle is a career woman. I doubt she wants her children to know her as a "fashion" icon. She wouldn't trade places with Princess Di for the world. I think all the talk degrades the woman.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Anyone who would dare compare Michelle Obama to Princess Diana is completely out of their mind. No offense to the First Lady, as I do not wish to Politicize her due to her Husband's positions, but she is far from being the "People's Princess". Governor Palin in my view is much closer to Lady Di in both Character and Charisma, as opposed to Michelle Obama. I mean this sincerely with politics cast aside, but I would still never call anyone a "New" Princess Diana. There was only one, and there will always be just her.

God Bless Princess Diana, she was a truly amazing woman, and human being.

BTW, one of the quotes mentioned by the OP, in reference to Lady Di, is ONLY comparing the aspect of their charisma in regards to eachother, not their complete character as an entirety. Just keep that in mind.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
the best i can say from my first impression of viewing Michelle O.
was the catchy sales-pitch "Weebles Wobble But They Don't Fall Down"
~referencing the -'W-I-D-E--L-O-A-D'- attribute, apparent to all~

thanx

[edit on 3-4-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Geez, don't let this get back to Michelle. You'll have to butter her head to get her thru a door!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Mrs Obama will NEVER be a princess, NEVER have an heir to a throne, NEVER be adored by a whole nation, NEVER be married to a prince and NEVER have the guts (or permission) to show the transparency of her emotions to one and all.

The only comparison between the two is that they both married men with BIG ears.

"New Diana" pfffft!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

How did Diana look as teengirl? I want to compared that to Michel O and the wayshe has new skin and new color. Did they give MO injections for it? I know Princess always was radiance looking but did she get something specal so to look so beautiful? Just wondering in lite of MO as a new model for the Princess.

edit on 19-12-2013 by ExoPatriotico because: photo fixture

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

not even close, Diana never said she wanted to change history, tell me what I can and cannot eat, babble a bunch of incoherent BS that baffeled even small children, say what you want and some sheep will gladly lick your toes, but One wants to control and dictate your complete life, every aspect. The other was a caring and independent thinker that was getting a grasp on what was better for people and listened to learn, can you tell which was Which???

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
As others have said.... not even close!!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
U mean Madonna..But...Which one?

top topics

join