It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside Obama's bank CEOs meeting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Inside Obama's bank CEOs meeting

www.politico.com

“These are complicated companies,” one CEO said. Offered another: “We’re competing for talent on an international market.”

But President Barack Obama wasn’t in a mood to hear them out. He stopped the conversation and offered a blunt reminder of the public’s reaction to such explanations. “Be careful how you make those statements, gentlemen. The public isn’t buying that.”

“My administration,” the president added, “is the only thing between you and the pitchforks.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
To me it really does not seem like Obama is blankly the insiders' man. He's pretty pretty upfront even when signing bills he knows aren't good.

I've been reading his latest book and there are coy comments in there that indicate that this man is very conscious of what is going on, and is trying to walk a line of sorts to keep things from teetering off the edge one way or another.

Here's a couple of interesting 'Bama quotes from his Audacity of Hope book:

In regards to politics from 90's to 2006:

In the back and forth between Clinton & Gingrich, and in the elections of 2000 and 2004, I sometimes felt as if I were watching the psychodrama of the Baby Boom generations- a tale rooted in the old grudges and revenge plots hatched on a handful of college campuses long ago-played out on the national stage.
(skull & bones anyone?!)

Here he's talking about the past administration & their style of politicking and law making:

And there is the absolute belief in the authority of majority will, or at least those who claim power in the name of the majority-a disdain for those institutional checks (the courts, the Constitution, the press, the Geneva Conventions, the rules of the Senate, or the traditions governing redistricting) that might slow our inexorable march toward the New Jerusalem.
(Zionists/globalist?
)

Anyways, I just want to point out that there are more facets to these people then even those in the supposed "know" can realize sometimes and it's good to think about things from all angles rather then assuming one way.

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join