It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help needed, need a lookup on a cell phone or link

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

I just got ripped of some cash and I need a cell phone number lookup, I don't have a credit card so I need a site that will look it up without charging to a credit card.

Anyone have a link that will not charge for a lookup.

any links would be highly appreciated.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by tiso_us]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tiso_us

i have no idea how to do that, and is it legal to do so?

also tell us how you got ripped off some cash, it might be a police matter.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Phone lookup

If it's unlisted it will just show up as the general location of the phone's 'home' location. Sorry I can't give you any owner info that won't cost anything.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
search for reverse phone look up,
although half the time cell phones are not registerd.
But if you can get the carrier you might be able to call the company
and explain to them, if it was enough cash i'd get the cops involved.
depending on the situation you may just have to eat the loss and call it
a life lesson. Which is never good.. but it happens.. not to many years ago i had to eat a $2000 bill because someone (other half relative) was using the phone (land line) legaly there was not a lot that could be done.

Just depends on the situation, but good luck and prepare for the worst just in case.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
You could just try witholding your caller ID and ringing the number back... Try to get your info that way - I can set my nikia to record all my calls, very handy.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
well just as a starter, I was selling a refrigerator for 100 bucks, I finally agreed on 40 bucks, when the guy loaded the frig he handed me what appeared was 2 20's, I went inside the house and layed the money on the t.V., and didn't think no more about it.

my wife reached for the cash and found it contained 1-20 and 1-10. I immediately called the person (phone number was on the phone), and told him he had short changed me 10 bucks. he began by cursing and claiming I stole the frig (it belonged to my brother-in-law because he bought a new one and was going to junk the old one). He refused to give me his name and address.

Look....the 10 bucks i can deal with, it's the principle of the matter. OK so call me a trusting person, its in my nature.

so this is the reason i need a phone lookup and call the cops.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
You could just try witholding your caller ID and ringing the number back... Try to get your info that way - I can set my nikia to record all my calls, very handy.

I think my wife has a Nokia, how do you go about setting it up so if he calls back i can record.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tiso_us

I have a 6630, so that runs the symbian S60 operating system - google record calls and S60 and you should find an app to do it for you... Some of them put in a beep every 30 seconds or so, mine does not.

The app I use is ultimate voice recorder I was able to get it, well how shal we say? Gratis. If you use it basically whenever you switch you phone back on you must restart the app and hide it then it just sits in the background recording all in coming and out going calls - in a standard format to - (WAV and AMR I think off the top of my head) so you can easily bluetooth the clips, store them email whatever.

Really handy even if it's just taking notes when you don't have a pen and paper. - In the UK the law for personal recording in a nut shell is you do not have to let the other side know that you are recording them and you can use the recording for 'personal' means - evedance in court would be personal use... Should you record as part of a business you must notify the other party that they are being recorded.

But it sometimes is quite handy to point out that people are being recorded - really stops them in their tracks and breaks their pace, then you have gained an upper hand in the conversation! - hold that little trick back till you need it! - or maybe even send an email to the guys supervison with the clip attached!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

I've heard of that program......

I'll ask my wife when she gets in about her phone.

but, thank you for the tip.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I think this is just one of those lessons in life, and you should accept it.(always double check your money)

confrontation will do more harm then good here. even if you had his adress, what is really gonna happen?

top topics

join