It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama asked: Ever regret running for president?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Obama asked: Ever regret running for president?

www.cnn.com

CNN) -- Following this week's tough talks on the global financial crisis, President Obama on Friday shifted his tone to reflect upon his regrets, his frustrations and his hopes for the younger generation.

Obama's remarks came after a woman from Heidelberg, Germany, asked if he ever regretted having run for president. The question yielded a lengthy response from Obama, who is participating in his first overseas trip in office.

"That's a good question," Obama said at a packed town hall meeting in Strasbourg, France. "Michelle definitely asked that question.

"You know, there have been times, certainly during the campaign, and there have been times over the last several months where you feel a lot of weight on your shoulders. There's no doubt about it," the president said.

With his wife, Michelle, looking on, Obama continued, "During the campaign, the biggest sacrifice -- the thing that was most difficult was that I was away from my family all the time." Video Watch Obama weigh in on his regrets and sacrifices »

The president joked that he was jealous of not only Europe's high-speed rail but also the fact that campaigns there only last a few months.

Obama announced that he was running for president on February 10, 2007, and was inaugurated nearly two years later.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
"There's nothing more noble than public service," President Obama says.

www.cnn.com

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I think it was the single greatest decision he made in his life, despite coming into one of the worst economic situations in U.S history. His doing a great job and I hope he keeps it up!

A+ for his G20 visit.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex

www.cnn.com

This is why he needs 100 million gang stalkers, to keep the other 200 million americans in check.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Would you mind elaborating for us a little bit on what he has done that is so "great"? I'm genuinely curious as to what you have to say.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Obama might not regret running for President, but most Americans DO regret that he was elected

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissysWorld
Obama might not regret running for President, but most Americans DO regret that he was elected

Hello and greetings, MissysWorld.
I hope all is well with you.

Although I am not an Obama fan, I would caution that you refrain from using absolutes, as in "all," "most," etc, especally without something to back up what you are asserting. As such, last time I checked, despite his lowering approval ratings--dependent upon whose poll numbers you look at--Obama was elected and still remains supported by "most" of those who elected him into office. Not necessarily refuting you here, but just urging some objective restraint in making or laying down broad-based sweeping comments containing unproven absolutes.

*edit* word correction(s)

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

containing unproven absolutes.

Is exactly why I don't quote the polls..

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I, for one, am glad to finally hear and elected figure tell that the American election process is too long and it should only be months like they do in Europe.HOORAYY!
oh if only something could be done about it.

I don't think he regrets becomeing potus, but I think that he doesn't particularly care for the grueling process.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MissysWorld

or anything else for that matter. All I see is emotion filled baseless mud slinging comments.

No one is asking you to like anybody. But if your gonna post hate filled remarks you should post a pretty good reason why.

new topics

top topics

join