It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenage Girl Faces Jail Over G20 Violence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Teenage Girl Faces Jail Over G20 Violence

www.guardian.co.uk

A teenage girl has been told she faces a prison sentence after admitting smashing a computer monitor and a window in an attack on the Royal Bank of Scotland's City branch during the G20 protests in London.

The 17-year-old, from Scotland, pleaded guilty at West London youth court to criminal damage and burglary.

The teenager, who travelled to London specifically for the demonstration, had drunk up to four cans of strong lager before donning a mask and joining other protesters, the court heard.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Teenager... What? Where is organization... WTF?

Are "we the people" so damned baddly organized, that "we" put 17 yrs girls to the frontlines of these crucial battles?

I feel so shame... Hey - really!

There has to come some sence to these events. I understand that rough guys, hitmans and quards, are making planned strikes - but young girls - those "we" need in our back, making everything possible - to take care from logistics, supply, aid, communications - make alarmings and be as runners...

Is there really no planning at all - or is this fight against global banksters just a teenagers brainless riots?

Everyone should look to ther mirror - where are "our" leaders?

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-4-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
you can't say where's the organization

anyone can come to these protests, the organizers won't tell you to leave if your a young girl and ask you for your ID for age verification.
it's not a nightclub.

But yes I agree this will hurt the image of the protest yes.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Obviously all 17 year olds in this country spend their time playing with dolls and helping old grannies cross the road ....

I fail to see why this story is significant? Unfortunately teenagers in Britain commonly kill, mug, vandalie and have no respect for person or property. I wish it were otherwise

How many children has she got?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Yeah I also fail to see the misplaced significance over this article and this "innocent" girl's actions.

You destroy public property, you face the consequences.

The G20 are nothing but the wannabe rulers of the Universe and scumbags through and through, but let's not resort to our own "Gestapo-like" methods to protest against their actions.

We're better than that.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
A drunken 17 year old.

Sounds like she was over-qualified for that rabble.

Hopefully, the British will get a clue and jail a few hundred of the great unwashed.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a drunken 17 year old in a smash and grab raid - it looks like she used the monitor , from another building to smash the window , so thats 2 break ins.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Well I'd say the young woman has learned a life lesson and she needs to do her time - like anybody else regardless of whether it was done during a protest.

Either you don't destroy things during protest or you have a getaway planned properly. Either she decides to not break the law again or she becomes a better criminal.

Personally I'd shed no tears if all the bank buildings on the planet were pulled, but what the hell do I know.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
She has some stories to tell her grandchildren. She can say that she was one of the heroes of the revolution. Hopefully.
Bankers etc. can't act surprised when they violate the common like they have. Only one problem I have is that when the going gets tought the hatred can be directed againts any civillians caught on the way. That's sad but that's the way it goes, we should be so blessed that the hate would be directed only at the targets who deserve it.

new topics

top topics

join