It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patenting life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
My opening statement.

Mosanto recent attempts to patent valuable pig genes will end up in us paying license fees to Monsanto (or other company or government) for valuable human genes in our children.

I have a bad dream about the future, where for a human it will cost a fortune to reproduce because all the genetic material will be patented by Monsanto. This will be a part of population reduction, control and creation of a Superhuman that will have a collection of the best human genes.

You could have one of those - if you can afford to.

Link
Link
Link

Patent for a pig - see movie here

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Monsanto is evil, if they had their way, parents would have to pay taxes on their children because some of them happened to have genes that Monsanto 'patented'

Like the farmer who was sued because Monsanto's crops pollinated his crops indirectly (by wind/bees), causing the farmer to grow Monsanto's crops, parents will be sued because Monsanto will claim that the children were holding genes that Monsanto patented, and therefore the parents must pay royalties to them

Can you imagine the world under Monsanto in a few hundred years?

Parents being sued by Monsanto because their normal children had children with Monsanto's patented humans, creating children that had, you guessed it, Monsanto's patented genes.

Monsanto will probably even patent a 'kill switch' like they do with their seeds, so that the 'enhanced' children might not even be able to have children!

Monsanto is evil, twisted, and must be banished.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Yes, Monsanto is evil and bad and corrupt and all that, no argument there.

But if they really wanted to start fining 'parents', it would be about time someone did. I don't understand the need to breed so out of control... but, I admit that it is not my place to judge.
I just wish for once, people who breed would have to take responsibility for their own offspring. Instead of everyone else being forced to pay for them.

I always hated Monsanto too, but the moment they turn their fight on breeders, as opposed to all humans, I'd be on their side.

join