It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wife woke me telepathically

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So, I went to bed a little early last night. My wife was reading a book next to me. I was asleep for about an hour and I had this horrific dream. It ended with me in a room by myself, but I could feel a malicious presence and then this unseen force started to strangle me. As I was struggling with this force I looked in the reflection from a window in the room and I could see the face of a ghost or some spirit and I started screaming in my dream.

Fortunately, my wife started shaking me and I could hear her saying, "Oh my God, are you alright?!".

My eyes popped open and I was staring at my wife and she was staring back at me.

I basically thanked her for waking me and told her I was having this terrible dream. She looked at me and replied, "I didn't wake you up, I was watching you and it looked like you were choking and I was thinking 'Oh my God are you alright?!' and I was thinking about shaking you and your eyes popped open".

I looked at her and saw that she was sitting there with her book still in her hands and the covers pulled up around her. Not only that, she was a good two or three feet away from me as we were both laying near the edges of the bed.

Now, I know I sometimes have dreams that incorporate my alarm clock or phone ringing into them so in my experience real world things can be integrated into them.

Has anyone had any experience incorporating thoughts of people around them into their dreams or shared a dream with someone near you?

I would imagine that her fear at seeing me in a distressed state would probably give this a greater shot at happening as I don't think she could have just put thoughts into my mind while I was sleeping. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows. It was kind of cool though and wanted to see if anyone else has had anything similar happen to them.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
something very similar has happened to me before...

i was dreaming normally, but then all of a sudden i was in my bed, and my wife sat up beside me and i sensed that she was in great distress...

she said that she wasn't on the right "path" in life, and felt horrible about it - i told her everything's gonna be alright...

then i woke up, and i see my wife sitting up in bed sobbing, looking depressed, and it kinda freaked me out - like, did i just read her consciousness in my dream?

i even said something like, "well i just told you everything's gonna be o.k.", but she looked at me and said that i just woke up, and haven't said a thing to her!

it's like, we're all on the same astral plane in dream states, and "connections" do occur!

i always firgured there's more to our reality than this material world, and this is one of the MANY times i've been given proof!!

[edit on 3-4-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
That's really interesting that it happened while she was stressed. If I had to guess, I would imagine that it would increase the likelihood of the thought being received.

Another thing about what happened that I completely forgot to mention is that over the last month or so my son and I have been messing around with Psi wheels. The funny thing is we have been approaching it totally from a skeptics viewpoint. Basically, looking to see how the heat or air would move it and trying it with masks on and cooling our hands with ice and putting a bowl over it and what not. Don't know if just practicing the concept actually aided in this or not.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by lellomackin]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lellomackin

i hear that simply disbelieving in ESP greatly lowers the chance of it happening...

just know that it exists, and you'll be surprised at how much you're "shown"!

...and read as many books by Ingo Swann as you can find!!

www.amazon.com...
www.amazon.com...

[edit on 3-4-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Has anything like this ever occurred before? Ask her to guess a number between 1-50.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
It could also be that you're dreaming a future event. Minutes into the future, that is.

top topics

join