It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial Arizona Sheriff Snubbed by House Panel on Immigration

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

After all, a Sheriff is an ELECTED official, isn't he?

Elected officials aren't exempt from obeying the Constitution

Why is it that the same people who talk about the Constitution like it was holy writ one day, decide it's "just a technicality" or "only a piece of paper" when guys on their side of the political fence walk all over it the next?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

Elected officials aren't exempt from obeying the Constitution Why is it that the same people who talk about the Constitution like it was holy writ one day, decide it's "just a technicality" or "only a piece of paper" when guys on their side of the political fence walk all over it the next?

Sorry for this one-liner repsonse Mod, but x/m/x JUST DEFINED REPUBLICANS.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Apparently, this Sheriff is doing something right that the people of his country like.

After all, a Sheriff is an ELECTED official, isn't he?

Personally, I'd like to see this guy put in charge of border security. He seems to be the only SOB who knows how to handle this problem!

Obviously you didn't read what he does ........ He scares his competition, and if that doesn't work then he does underhanded things to make them go away.

usually a one sided election. no one wants to co up against him for fear of retaliation.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
In this thread, I've seen a train of thought that irks me. The idea that this guy is good for being sheriff, no matter what else he does, as long as he can keep out the Mexicans. That his stance on 'border control' overrides the ethically and constitutionally dubious way he runs the show.

"Tough on crime", from empirical evidence, tends to mean "Lots of arrests" for sheriffs, and "Lots of convictions" for judges. Of course, neither one of those are all that effective at actually STOPPING crime, and being "tough" can mean "bending the rules" when it comes to the legal system.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
[
Economic conditions almost always are. Keep Black, Hispanic and immigrant populations poor, deprived of rights and opportunities and segregated into ghettos and you'll continue to see them commit crimes and form gangs.

You're assuming that blacks and hispanics have as much brains as whites and i don't buy that. Here's an interesting website from a black organization documenting how underrepresented blacks are in the really brainy professions like physics and engineering and computer design. Plenty of blacks getting PHDs but seems all they can handle is easy stuff like education and sociology

www.jbhe.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

So, naturally, that would mean orientals and Indians are more intelligent then whites, given their over-representation in "brainy" fields?

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

You're assuming that blacks and hispanics have as much brains as whites and i don't buy that.

You must be lost.

I think you're looking for Stormfront.org, not ATS. Have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDustman

Make Speed Limit 45

So, naturally, that would mean orientals and Indians are more intelligent then whites, given their over-representation in "brainy" fields?

It seems to me you are the one short on gray matter, Mr MSL45. You forgot JEWS. And other people of Middle East origin who outnumber whites in almost any profession except prostitution and gambling.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

they should have a special room for you and your kind. You have just made the single most ignorant response to any thread I have ever read in my entire life. While we all know about opinions, sometime you are more like your opinions that you know. (you might have to ask somebody to explaing that one to you)

While I liked the information I was given about this sheriff in the past (fox news) I aparently don't know enough about his job on a local level. I will have to take the poor souls who are cursed to live in Arizonas word for that. If you can't vote him out of office, maybe you could move. Or maybe he isn't really that bad. But without living there, I will never know.

<< 1   >>

join