It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN names Jewish judge to lead Gaza war crimes investigation

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

UN names Jewish judge to lead Gaza war crimes investigation

www.jpost.com

The United Nations on Friday appointed a widely respected South African judge who is a trustee of Hebrew University to lead a high-level mission to investigate alleged war crimes committed by Israel in the Gaza Strip during Operation Cast Lead.

Israel refused to say if it would cooperate.

Richard Goldstone, the former UN chief prosecutor for war crimes in Yugoslavia...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Jewish lawyer investigating Jewish warcrimes - Shame on UN!!!

UN is a trashcan of humanity - zionist organization whitch has lost all my respect over the past years. UN peace keeping is mainly protecting drug trading - and places like darfur or Gaza - where genoside and mass murders are taking place - its never been seen.

Couple of my friend has work in UN forces - they dont give a good points to organization - whitch seems to be widely corrupt... And now this!

Should we cry - or should we laugh?

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
UN is completely useless
and they have way too many rapists as peacekeepers

shut em down!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

"trashcan"

"So What? What's the big deal?" said the ignorant Zionist sympathizer.
Although this could very well be a conflict of interest I'd like to hold off judgment as it could be fair. I have a class with a high-up professor from the Hebrew University and he's pretty fair about things.

Operation Cast Lead"- Israel ought to get a better Operation Namer or improve their PR a bit.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
seems like a white wash, gazans won't co-operate with him because he's a jew and isreal won't co-operate with him because they won't be stupid enough to hand a man the rope by which they will be hung.
sickening.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
May I ask what's wrong with Jewish people investigating a Jewish nation?

Why do you seem to hate Jewish people... you call them zionists because they support their homeland. I am not a sympathizer but I notice quite a bit of hate speech here.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
From Bosnia, to Rwanda, to Kosovo, Somalia and Sudan....

It's another Chapter in the UN's successful series of:

"The Hopeless Hunt for People Who We can't Even Charge".

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

That's not the issue at hand here. It's the UN and complete ineffectivity at bringing accused war criminals to justice, due to the fact that they lack the proper jurisdiction in many countries to actually bring people to trial.

As is evidenced by their track record in Bosnia, Somalia, Rwanda, Sudan, etc...

They could have appointed the world's ten most blood-sucking lawyers of all time and they still wouldn't get anywhere.
No one takes the UN seriously.

[edit on 3/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Okay, but I just don't like the tone of the anti-semetic posts in the thread.

However, I agree the UN is horribly corrupt but I think it wouldn't matter what type of person they would appoint.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

Why do you seem to hate Jewish people... you call them zionists because they support their homeland. I am not a sympathizer but I notice quite a bit of hate speech here.

Um, I thought that only like 3% of Israelis are of that region. The rest are European and Russian origin. That is not their homeland. By their logic we could invade any country in the world, and declare it our own. What was originally given was expanded by killing the innocents around so that the others would leave, then claim the land. That is the reality of the Israeli problem. Nothing at all to do with Religion. Just evil land thieves.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Le Colonel]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Thanks for showing that people who claim to hate so called "zionists" in fact just hate Jews.

There are tons of Jews all over the world who do not support Israeli action gaza.

The fact that Anti Semites cannot separate the terms Israeli, Jewish, and Zionist just shows how prejudiced and ignorant they are.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Okay, but I just don't like the tone of the anti-semetic posts in the thread.

The Kernel is all broken up over that. Sleep will come hard tonight.

Questioning anyone isn't a sign of hate and questioning Israel isn't anti-semitism. This attitude has been prevelent for far too long. It has allowed the war mongers from that side of this equation to do as they will. This as nothing different.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Sorry buddy, but my sympathy is totally run out in madness of latest Gaza op... I am deeply traumatized from drones, phosporous shells, air attacks toward civil population - I cant forget those horrific nights, voives of drones and jets, ambulances trying to get to ruined homes... - Burned - crying childrens and wasted homes... - 3 weeks without any mercy!

I support opposition of Israel - whitch is way too small group of Jews - I can and I try to separate normal Jews from facist Zionists, but its difficult because there is no real debate... Now they have right wing facist regime - voted by their majority... So why I would not condemn a nation?

Zionist Bankers are ruining world economy - to build their own One World Government... My daily life is taking impacts from that small Banksters "Illuminated" community - which drives only their selfish "god chosen" rights - slaving my own people in to deeper sorrow, world to the next WorldWar... Why should I give them any good thoughts?

Anti-Semite --- What is that? ---- Name for everyone who is condemning what Zionist Facist Intternational Regime is doing under the coat of world politics.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

The fact that Anti Semites cannot separate the terms Israeli, Jewish, and Zionist just shows how prejudiced and ignorant they are.

The fact that people who throw this term at anyone who challenges Israel, don't realise that Arab people are Semitic as well, just shows how ignorant THEY are.

The overwhelming majority of Israelis are Ashkenazi Jews from Eastern European backgrounds who are about as "Semitic" as an Englishmen.

Just because you suddenly adopt Hebrew as your national language doesn't mean you can pretend that Israelis have been an intrinsic part of Semitic and Middle Eastern culture for generations, and just seamlessly "blend into" that part of the world.
They don't.

They've been living in Europe for thousands of years before that, adopting the languages and customs of their local countries and mixing in with the local populace, and have as a result, lost that homogeneous identity the Jewish people had as an ethnic group once.

[edit on 3/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

hate Jewish people... hate speech... anti-semetic posts...

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
people who claim to hate so called "zionists" in fact just hate Jews... Anti Semites...prejudiced and ignorant...

Well, there goes the thread...
It's really quite simple, the OP is saying that this investigation being headed by a Jewish man is a conflict of interest, and indeed it is. There's a reason why your mom can't be the judge at your murder trial, and there's a damned good reason why the latest massacres in Gaza need to be investigated by an independent and unbiased party. As to knowing the difference between Zionists and Jews, I'd say anybody lobbing white phosphorus at civilians in Gaza would deserve an investigation and trial regardless of their affiliations with the globalist agenda. The land in Gaza and West Bank clearly and legally belongs to Pallestinians, why can't Israel just stay out of it? The answer to that question lies in and with the true motives of Zionism.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Just like the Police Department investigating themselves.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
And i wonder,if this investigation was led by another respectable judge who happened to be an Arab (or even Palestinian) would you jump to say 'conflict of interests"?
I have my doubts.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
LETS JUST DENY THE FACTS!

... OR DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT?

Oppose $30 Billion Military Aid Package to Israel

endtheoccupation.org...

[edit on 3-4-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Well, i know a lot of people - some on this board - that deny the facts when they feel like it. There those that deny holocaust with millions of innocent X killed,and yet call a holocaust X thousands of innocent Y killed- you may be familiar with some of those posters. So objectivity is always hard to find. Especially when there is a will.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This is a mistake.

I'm Jewish, and I am most certainly against the actions of Israel.

However, I understand that there are many, MANY Jews who will blindly back the Israeli state simply because they are Jewish. When investigating war crimes, we can't afford to take that chance.

I don't think this should even be a matter of Jews/Zionists what-have-you. It should simply be a matter of international law, and Israel's obvious violation of it.

HOPEFULLY this fellow will be unbiased in his observations of Gaza war crimes. However, I think it would have been much wiser to assign an independent third party with NO affiliation to Israel (religious or otherwise).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join