It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What exactly does it take for something to be accepted as real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Nobody would argue that say, cats, or couches aren't real (I hope).

And there's a lot of things that many people do accept as fact that aren't true. Like that Columbus discovered America.

What would it take to PROVE aliens exist to everyone? Presidential admission? That's the thing, how can we say it's proven fact?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
When it is on the news or some other program spewing deformed and bent trueisms it will be real for a lot of people. Sadly. Other ones will only believe some things when it shows up before their faces in person and smacks then over the head with it. But there will always be deniers of [whatever]. Just depends on the level of realism they are ready to accept.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Funny, I never thought Columbus discovered America, since there were already people here!

I guess one has to use their own judgement.

I go by the saying, "believe half of what you read, and none of what you hear."

Now stubbing your toe, something you can feel? That is, real.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I am a firm believer in aliens,
And I often have "persuasive" converstations with my father, to prove that they are indeed real.
He doesn't believe me and not matter what i tell him (Drakes Equation, common sense, that it'd be a waste of space etc) he doesn't believe me.
Until one runs over, slaps him, takes a dump on his face or whatever, he wont believe.
I guess what im trying to say is, that some people will believe things more easy than others, and some are just plain stubborn.
Just my 2 cents.

Jacob

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
What is reality?

It is perceptual, therefore different for everyone. In my opinion.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

My cats would come to me when I had food out, proving they exist! I see what you are trying to state, but aliens and any other subject in the paranormal arena needs physical proof. Basically, I need an alien to run up to me when I use my can opener.

new topics

top topics

join