It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocket fuel chemical found in baby formula

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I posted up this article or something very, very similiar almost 2 years ago, no one really replied to it though, so here is the thread link in case you want even more reading www.abovetopsecret.com...

But this is very good to know more information.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Before anyone gets their undies in a twist over this article, I would suggest that you take either your own, or your spouses, breast milk into a lab to be analyzed. You might be surprised what you find. You see, your body accumulates toxins from many different sources. They could come from the air you breath, from the food you eat, or even the clothing you wear. Some of them build up in fatty tissues, such as the mammary glands, and are transferred into the milk. In a healthy adult, the trace amounts of these chemicals would be pretty much harmless - but may have adverse affects in children.

The question is, what is the concentration of toxins in your breast milk, and are they more or less dangerous than the toxins in baby formula.

It's generally a good idea to breast feed for at least the first 6 months, since breast milk contains many other necessary nutrients and vitamins that may be missing from formula. However, I would strongly caution about what a woman puts into her body during these first 6 months. Many mothers think that they can pick up their old habits after giving birth, such as wearing makeup, drinking, smoking, taking drugs/medication (prescription, OTC, or illegal), etc.

I suspect many of the mother's who raise an eyebrow at this article are actually doing more harm to their children by breastfeeding over bottle feeding.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

I'm do not like debating breast vs bottle, but I want to say sometimes a woman has to use bottle for various reasons and/or by choice. My first daughter was a preemie and bottle fed because my milk never came in...then, same thing with my second (though she was not preemie).

However, what I do not understand about this issue is why does the report not name the brands? I think parents have the right to know. This should be on the list of ingredients.

<< 1   >>

join