It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm going to a graveyard - advice please

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
When i was younger, i used to visit graveyards on a regular basis taking photos, recording audio and video...its pointless taking thermal and EMF readings as they can be really quite inaccurate and distracting. Thermal imagery or IR on the other hand is probably one of the more powerful tools you will have in photographing anything 'paranormal'. If you do decide to go ahead with your visit...remember that graveyards are sacred sites of negative emotion, and that strongly reflects in the behavior of most of the spirits i have encountered. Speak to them...and word yourself very well. Make it clear you don't want them following you home, because they will. Always ask for communication before you enter any site, and always thank before you leave.

here is few pics i have taken.

files.abovetopsecret.com...
files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
2 cents worth.

Most have commented that graveyards deserve respect. They are not playgrounds.

It's also been noted here that a graveyard is not really the place to go find spirits. Spirits have no concept of time/space. You may as well be somewhere comfortable rather than in a cold graveyard if you feel you need to do a seance. Graveyards are really just a place to put the bones, not the spirit.

Can I ask why you want to contact spirit? Is there a need, or are you doing it for 'fun.' ? If it's just for fun, try to be respectful. A (very bad) analogy would be you going to bed for a well deserved sleep, and having someone wake you up in the middle of the night for a meaningless chat. You wouldn't be happy, would you?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
If you're doing any grave robbing, you're probably not going to find much. Morticians and grave diggers will scavenge pretty much anything left of value on the corpses. Also, a lot of graves are in environmentally safe containers (like concrete) these days, so you just can't stroll in with a shovel and a pick. You need a backhoe, at least.

Overall, it just doesn't pay to rob graves. The price of gold is dropping, anyway, so it's pointless even if you find something.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by omg aliens are so real

Call upon the watch towers of the north, south, east, and west. Ask them for protection from any and all evil or harmful spirits. Dont open doors that you can't close...so do alot of research on it . Hope that helps

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Ok everyone, thanks for all the negative and sarcastic comments (NOT!!!)

Anyways, We're going to the cemetary tomorrow, so if we have any success, I'll post it here probably on Wednesday.

P.S. Thanks to everyone who didn't say negative and sarcastic things

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

i haven't replied , one way or the other , but if your going to a graveyard

be respectful, im sure you will be,

ive thought of doin the same myself, at the end of my street theres a old

graveyard , full ,lol, thats dates back to 1815,

good luck

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by omg aliens are so real
Ok everyone, thanks for all the negative and sarcastic comments (NOT!!!)

Anyways, We're going to the cemetary tomorrow, so if we have any success, I'll post it here probably on Wednesday.

P.S. Thanks to everyone who didn't say negative and sarcastic things

Ah, so you didn't really want advice then? You just really wanted back-slapping and some confirmation/validation? Perhaps 'go for it, dude!' or maybe 'wow, I wish I was brave enough to go to the spooky graveyard'?

If you ask for advice, don't expect to always hear the things you want to hear.

After reading this post, I genuinely hope you get caught trespassing or something.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Does anyone know anything I should do to protect myself from being followed or something.

Also, does anyone know if it would be a good idea to cast a circle to protect us, or would this stop the spirits from being able to contact us?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Does anyone know anything I should do to protect myself from being followed or something.

Also, does anyone know if it would be a good idea to cast a circle to protect us, or would this stop the spirits from being able to contact us?

If it makes you feel better about things, by all means. I'm not being negative, but I'm not sure what you believe to be protecting against.
If your particular belief system includes demons and evil spirits, do what you see as fit to ward these off.

Personally, I think spirit is what it is. As I mentioned above, it's the last place I'd go 'looking' for spirit. Good luck.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
don't cry when you piss someone or something off there, and it follows you back home. Which tends to happen. People who are looking for the dead, usually don't understand that, yes they want to be found. But once they are found, good luck getting rid of them.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

What happened? Anything crazy?? Nothing at all? Were you followed home? You should update us!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Its pretty simple, there are spirits everywhere, not just graveyards. You will attract the types that you are seeking. Hence if you go to a graveyard you will most likely attract some pretty useless ones, or even less than useful ones. Also saying any sort of preplanned seance or prayer will illicit the response the word order is suppose to. So if your words are off then nothing will happen and you'll just be having your own little psychological experience. If you really want to communicate with unseen people i would recommend sitting somewhere comfortable and trying to attract a spirit that would be a positive influence in your life.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Sorry people, but the plan kinda didn't go to plan, and we couldn't get out. But we might still go another time, and if we do, I'll tell y'all what happended folks.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I wouldn't go to a graveyard either as there is more than enough spirit activity in my house as I am on an old wood. I have had the following happen:

1. I have felt a spirit having sex with me once?
  2. I have felt a ghost bite my bottom lip as of ot was snogging me! (lucky ghost!)
  3. I have seen white hands
  4. I have seen vague outlines of people
  5. I am aware they are there and not there - my great grandparents came from my grandad's room, went walking past me and went out my window!!
  6. I can sense when people are going to die, my great uncle - I couldn't sleep right for 3 days up to his death
  7. I have seen a lady in a green dress in my room, that was creepy!
  8. I have a feeling as a psychic and almost shamanistic abilities, I respect spirits a lot more so I tend to get kind spirits
  9. I also seen a "unseen but seen" person as well, right beside me smiling and then it went off - seen a guy who has the same smile and I suspect he is the "twin soul" of mine LOL

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerdychemist
I wouldn't go to a graveyard either as there is more than enough spirit activity in my house as I am on an old wood. I have had the following happen:

1. I have felt a spirit having sex with me once?
  2. I have felt a ghost bite my bottom lip as of ot was snogging me! (lucky ghost!)
  3. I have seen white hands
  4. I have seen vague outlines of people
  5. I am aware they are there and not there - my great grandparents came from my grandad's room, went walking past me and went out my window!!
  6. I can sense when people are going to die, my great uncle - I couldn't sleep right for 3 days up to his death
  7. I have seen a lady in a green dress in my room, that was creepy!
  8. I have a feeling as a psychic and almost shamanistic abilities, I respect spirits a lot more so I tend to get kind spirits
  9. I also seen a "unseen but seen" person as well, right beside me smiling and then it went off - seen a guy who has the same smile and I suspect he is the "twin soul" of mine LOL

Why is there a question mark at the end of the first statement? Also, and this is gonna be an odd question, if this actually happened was it the same feeling as actual sex? I imagine it wouldn't be, how would you even feel it? Crazy.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by omg aliens are so real
Sorry people, but the plan kinda didn't go to plan, and we couldn't get out. But we might still go another time, and if we do, I'll tell y'all what happended folks.

Ahhh, perhaps for the best.....providence may have stepped in to save you....?

If you are intent on pursuing the plan, I still suggest that you try it out before heading out to a grave yard......and judging from your location, there should be no lack of those spirits who's remains are 'buried' underfoot or nearly so.....and if there are any castles or abbeys in the area, that might make for interesting results....all you might gain from visiting a grave yard would be a 'fresher' spirit, someone more recently deceased.

Here's a site with a pretty basic 'how to' for seances.....there's no circle of protection mentioned...it does suggest an invocation before and was fairly insistent that this ending part be observed.

www.ehow.com...

End

12. After you're done with all of your questioning, end the séance by thanking the spirit for its time and telling it to go in peace. If you don't thank the spirit, it may feel miffed by your lack of manners and refuse to come when you try to call it again in the future. ..... And if you don't tell the spirit to go, it might see that as an invitation to stay awhile, at which point we'd recommend for you to move--so make sure you get in that "Goodbye." Then break the circle, extinguish the candles and turn on the lights. Look around the table and make sure all of the participants are fully conscious.

And there are many other instructional sites...here's another
paranormal.about.com...

If you use a table, and you want it to be portable, a folding card table works well. A card table is also light enough to be moved around ( by the spirit ) if you have enough participants....

When no card table was available, we used to get a cardboard box that was large enough to get everyone seated around.....using it almost like the planchette of a ouija board.....larger ones we rested on the floor, smaller ones on a table.

Again, let us know what happens.....

[edit on 21-4-2009 by frayed1]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanp5555

Yeah it felt odd, you could feel them thrusting away!

Strange is not the word and i don't have a clue who the randy spirit was

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join