It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm going to a graveyard - advice please

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Hi everyone, Sometime next week I'm going to go to a graveyard with my friend, at something like 1 or 2 in the morning, and we're going to have a seance. i'm looking for advice on how to call the spirits, protect ourselves, and anything else useful.

Thanks in advance!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
No that wouldn't be good. So in case things get out of hand bring your ectoplasmic ray blaster, while your friend is zapping, throw the trap under the scary ghost! Gotcha catch em all!

Plus, you can put the spirits in little glass jars and they make fantastic nightlights.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by omg aliens are so real
we're going to have a seance.

Since you asked for advice .. here's mine ... DON'T DO IT.
If you want to take pictures, do evp work, etc .. that's fine.
But don't go calling the spirits in a seance. That's bad juju.

'safe' EVP - place a recorder on one of the headstones and leave it there all night. You'll probably get some interesting results.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I have a pocket memo voice recorder, would that work?

Also, should I ask questions whilst it's recording?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I have a pocket memo voice recorder, would that work?

is that the one that costs about 50$ from places like Best Buy?

Mine came from Best Buy and was 50$.
It has 'folders' that you can store information on.

If you leave the recorder running on the tomb stone all night, you won't be asking questions.

If you'd rather do the EVPs with questions be sure to give the spooks 15 seconds after you ask your question for them to answer. Sometimes it takes 'time' (if you can call it time in the netherworld) for the answers to come across.

Questions ?? Depends on what type of graveyard you are in. If you are near soldiers tombs or childrens tombs etc etc.

Bring a ball and a doll ... or even a little jar to blow bubbles ... if there are any childrens spirits around, they will come out to play. Bring smokes and offer them if you are near old tombs that have men or soldiers. If you are near tombs for ladies from the 1800s then ask them if they like tea ... that sort of thing. Be respectful but remember what their world was like. You can ask what the day is .. what year it is .. things like that. Newer tombs ... ask what unfinished business they have, what's on their minds, etc.

NEVER invite them to come home with you.
CLOSE the door to them as you leave.

Hope those are helpful.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
What I like to do is find a newly covered grave sight and check in on the person to see how they're doing. Since the dirt is still fairly loose, it really makes for an easy time removing all the dirt. Once done, I like to lay on the coffin and knock a couple of times and see if I hear a reply. Its a real rush!

You gotta give a good amount of time before you knock again, remember, dead people aren't the fastest ya know! I normally give them time and a half, same as when I knock on peoples' door dead smack in the middle of the night. I generally find it fun to be as invasive as possible, don't you?

I like to give Ipods as gifts to help draw out the spirits. Or since this country loves food and many of the people are fat, bring em a big mac! They probably haven't eaten one of those in a long time, in fact they haven't eaten anything for a long time, so bring about 10. Bringing out items to draw the spirits out makes so much sense I find, a ghost has gotta eat I figure to stay healthy.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Have you not had much experience going to graveyards? It's a hobby of mine.

If you are going at one or two in the morning you might want to carry some kind of weapon with you and a flashlight. It's those live people you have to worry about at that time of morning.

Be sure to carry a broom with you so you can clean the leaves off some of the graves so you can read the names and dates.

Please be respectful and do not mock the dead. Not all the dead were good people in their life before death took them.

You both must take a small bottle of holy water, a cross and some holy oil with you. You can get then water at your local Catholic church and the oil at the local grocery store. It's olive oil.

Walk into the oldest part of the cemetery and you sit on one side of the grave and you friend on the other side. Pour the holy water on your head and put the oil all over your face. Then begin to chant...o b one over and over.

Hopefully by this time you will realize it's best not to visit graves yards in the wee hours of the morning.

Please. let the dead rest. You are more likely to find a ghost in your house than a grave yard. They visit you....you don't visit them.

Forgive me this has been in fun and I'm not serious.

But I am serious about the danger of the living that go into the grave yards at night.

I don't know where you are but there is a grave yard not far from my house behind a church named Christ's Church. There are folks there buried in the 1700's and it is the spookiest place I've ever been at night. It's on St. Simons Island , Ga. There is a coven of witches that use the graveyard to meet at times.

Be safe in your travels.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Hi everyone, Sometime next week I'm going to go to a graveyard with my friend, at something like 1 or 2 in the morning, and we're going to have a seance. i'm looking for advice on how to call the spirits, protect ourselves, and anything else useful.

Thanks in advance!

Think about it.........if you were dead, would you want to hang out in a cemetary? If you were dead, and free from your body, why would you go back to visit it?

Cemetaries are for memories of the living! Wouldn't it make more sense to go back to a place you were born, rather than where you are planted?

Going to cemetaries has never made any sense to me........I just don't get it! I think people just get a freak out factor from the fact that dead bodies are there. Why do you think spirits would be hanging out there all the time? Would you want to?

Why are you going to hold a seance, and pull a person back to a place that simply holds their remains? I'd be rather pissed off as a dead person if you pulled me back to such a boring place, when the whole universe abounds! Plus, I might be busy doing something some place else!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Bring a pillow for a nap, I've been to more than one and they are boring.
Also, be prepared to be disappointed when you realize you have been duped.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by omg aliens are so real

1. Bring a mirror and a torchlight.
2. At 3.33 am, look into the mirror.
3. Shine torchlight from under your chin.

Guaranteed result
- You'll see yourself in the mirror.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
bring some snacks, bug repellent and liquid refreshment...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I have a small family like paranormal investigating team. When I want to train someone, I take them to the local graveyard. We have proven over and over to the ones we train that there is activity in that grave yard. We take recorders cameras and such.. We also have a small assortment of crystals that we blessed. We say a little prayer before and afterwards. Also as you are leaving, show some respect, thank them for speaking to you if they have chosen to. Tell them to stay where they are and you will be back to speak with, and or visit them again.

Hope that helps you some.

I don't get why ppl have to be so rude. Investigators have to start SOMEWHERE!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by omg aliens are so real

Do you have previous experience with seances?

I certainly would not do my first one in a graveyard....tho that might be no more 'populated' with spirits than any other location, I would expect that the participants would be more open or susceptible to a greater level of 'fear' in that surrounding.....and fear sometimes attracts ....

You might find a simple visit enough of a thrill, without the added burden of a seance....take a recorder of some sort to get EVP's, and get more information on the practice of having a seance before you attempt one. ( If this is your first try, especially.)

Edit to add....
Let us know how it goes...

[edit on 3-4-2009 by frayed1]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Be careful with your fascination...and (like others) I wouldn't recommend a seance as a starting point. Grave yards are sacred grounds and deserve utmost respect from visitors....especially if you have no family there.

And why would you want to talk to the dead? If you're trying to prove or disprove this kind of communication - well, be prepared - you'll probably find it. I just hope it's the kind of communication you're looking for. Listen to the people on this board. ALWAYS protect yourself. They can and will follow people home, and I'm pretty sure you don't want that.

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
Bring a pillow for a nap, I've been to more than one and they are boring.
Also, be prepared to be disappointed when you realize you have been duped.

I think it's a little dangerous to tell kids they're going to be "duped" by ghost hunting in a grave yard. This isn't like UFO's or the Boogey Monster, spirits DO occupy grave yards and they're not always great, wonderful people.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Let the dead rest in peace. Spirits will come to you if they want to make contact.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Going to a Graveyard Checklist.
1#. Spare Underwear( you never know).
2#. Garlic, Holy Water, Crucifix, bible, gun with silver bullets, ghostbusters dematerialiser weapon( don't cross the streams, cop that, don't cross the streams).
3# Johnathon Edwards guide to Graveyard Shenanigans: illustrated guide to emotinal exploitation, popular psychology and fraud via the Mainstream media.
4#. Buffy Vampire Slayer(always come in handy having a buffy to throw at blood suckers....i got lost on Seasame Street once and was acosted by a nasty Vampire that wouldn't stop counting, I pulled out my Buffy and totaly slayed the purple freak.)
5#. Dodgy video camera to capture really poor, blurry, inconclusive evidence to post on ATS.
Good Luck.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I've never understood the need or desire to do this; I think it's bizarre to be honest. Assuming you believe it's possible to speak to 'the dead', why would people want to do this? Actually, perhaps the question should be phrased more like: 'what kind of people would want to do this?'

I can understand people wanting to communicate with dead relatives; that need to perpetuate some form of bond with a loved one. I think that's a very human or natural desire.

However, to communicate with dead people you don't know? Isn't that a little bit rude? Do these people just walk down streets and randomly knock on strangers' doors in an attempt to strike-up a conversation? Do they randomly key-in a series of numbers on their phones just to see who answers (assuming they're over the age of 9-years-old)? I very much doubt it. To be frank, I really don't see this is as being that different.

To me, there's a very peculiar arrogance and lack of respect at work here too. That weird kind of arrogance that you might see in a restaurant where someone might click their fingers and expect the service staff to come running like uniformed dogs only their to do the bidding of the caller.

If people believe it's possible to communicate with the dead, that there's an a after-life, that people still exist in a post-death state - then, ultimately, they're still people. They're people that should be treated with a bit of respect and not have the equivalent of strangers knocking on their doors or ringing their telephones because it's 'interesting' or it's 'cool'.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I dont think I would do a seance unless you absolutely know what you are doing. You never know what you could bring about. I would like many have suggested just do some EVP work and ask questions, take pics. I am sure you would find many things that way. I wouldnt go to a graveyard to do a seance. You might get uninvited and unpleasant visitors. Be careful! Post pics when you get them too!

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Please reconsider: this sort of project or provocation is best left to those who have years of knowledge and know what to expect or left alone period so the spirits can be left un-disturbed.
Briefly,I was a young teen present during a "session" held by crazy Aunt (she was supposed to be watching me) had at a terribly dark home she was living in.
Things "happened" during that session that if I hadn't been there,I would never,ever,have believed.It was terrible.
I know only enough to know that I don't have the capabilities to counter anything that such a door might open and have never "messed around" with such a thing again although I have certain "abilities."
There are things in this world that should be left alone,again,unless you are confident you can handle the outcome.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join