It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is nothing wrong with a One-World Government

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by depmode21

As long as that government does not contain any Americans, Israelis,
it might work.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

the nwo is not going to be successful period so they need to stop trying

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Perhaps because the argument and/or evidence(s) were looking you straight in the face and you failed to see it/them. If one wanted to truly see an argument or evidence as to why such a conceptual notion such as "one world government" would fail, all one would have to do is look at the United Nations and its long history of glorified and bureaucratic failures.

The UN is not a body of governance. You cannot compare a world government with the UN as it has little to no power.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by MasterRegal]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I have to disagree.

War would not stop because not everyone would agree to be part of the world government, factions would break away and rebel, terrorism and guerrilla violence would be multiplied. Violence would certainly not stop, especially if they did take away the guns, because then police brutality would sky-rocket and violence against law enforcement, by rebels who are adamant about keeping their guns, would be commonplace.

As much as I wish religion could be gotten rid of I don't think human beings are psychologically or philosophically prepared to lay down their beliefs in such a way. Belief in an after-life and/or Creator are key to human psychology, many people need religion to give their lives purpose. It will take many generations before such beliefs are abandoned.

Disease wouldn't end because those who control the cures and drugs used in medicine are interested in profit more than in saving lives. Think about it, even in civilized countries people still get cancer, the common cold, the flu, and a myriad of other diseases. So in no way does world government help on that front.

Despite the fact I disagree with your reasoning I do more or less agree with your statement that One-World Government isn't wrong. I agree, there is nothing inherently evil in the idea of a global government, but think of the people who are in control of our world now. The super-rich Elite who pull the strings are interested in power and money, so while the New World Order, if and when if comes about, will be at least as corrupt as the system we have now...

I don't trust it, its too much power for so few people, and it has corrupted many of the Elite to the core, turning them into malicious greedy power-crazed people... Do we really want them to gain TOTAL control?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Amigori

YEAH!! I finally found a Patriot and one who knows his sh##!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterRegal
The UN is not a body of governance. You cannot compare a world government with the UN as it has little to no power.

O'rly?
Then why does the U.N have a code of governance; why does it seek to control the global internet; why does it seek global gun control; why have varying scholars and such been hired to restructure the U.N. into a mechanism for global governance; why have varying academic scholars written articles and books that explicitly link, suggest and provide evidences that the U.N. is and/or has been seeking global governance under the auspices of ......you guessed it, the U.N., etc., etc., etc., etc.?

The U.N is a representation of a mechanism that will invariably embody or personify global governance and to fail to know or see this is invariably a perception problem not on my end.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
So what have you been smoking? In our heart of hearts we would love this, but the problem as other people have stated is the individual. If we were all committed like yourself then yes it would work, however there are always forces working against it. First you have a situation called "the Haves vs. the have nots". That leads to resentment which leads to many things. Limiting children. Well I'm all about thinning the herd, however its not industrialized nations that need to be concerned, its the poorer nations (they would not be called nations anymore, but regions or directorates, or zones, whatever you call them, it could be flower pots for all I care. You see people for the most part want everything handed to them. It doesn't matter where in the world you are, its true. so if you took "income" from people and put it into a big pot and stirred it around then gave it back (kind of like here in the US and what we already do with federal highway tax dollars (NJ and VA get less back per dollar given then say Maine or Idaho which get more back for every dollar given (atleast in theory)). what happens is you cause people to lose the urge to work harder because it doesn't matter for them (in short the whats in it for me attitude). If you don't believe me, take a good hard look at the economies of France, England, Sweden, Cuba and the old Soviet Union. Any person who isn't blinded by their own beliefs can tell that it won't work. War ending. I refer back to the haves vs the have nots. I am almost certain that you will still have terrorist out there doing what terrorist do best. I might want to add there is such thing as murder. Not being a fan of the death sentence because it doesn't do Jack to discourage certain crimes so making any punishment harder just leads to more resentment to the ruling body. No more religious extremism, well good luck with that one. You go ahead and try to get people of Islam and other people of faith to either a. give it up or b. stop being extreme. One world currency. Well we already have that, its called the US dollar, yes other countries have their own money and Europe has Euros but the truth is, the Dollar is the one world currency. In fact the way we are printing them and giving them out makes me wonder if we are bailing out Europe too. It wouldn't be the first time we propped up an economy of another country or group of nations.

Could a one world government work. Yes however you will breed corruption, glutony, greed, slot (I don't believe in god, but its true in this case). Its what Battlestar is warning us about and what brought down the fictional colonies (most know of Caprica). It leads to a vicious cycle and only fear and hate will come of it. Now if the one world govt was our system here in the US, not the way its running now, but the way its intended to run, then it will work also and we will all be better off.

Any cage, no matter how stunningly brilliant it is or how large it is, is still a cage and people, like most other animals on this planet, can not be kept in a cage, even if the cage is called Earth.

I'm glad you dream, please don't stop.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by 31337]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
No. Just no. So long as HUMANS are MAKING DECISIONS it should not be prudent for ANYONE to think that a few people can guide the billions of people on this planet. It isn't feasible. We need technical decision making to be arrived at through the compiling of information. Decision that are arbitrarily made by the egotistical leaders of today are inherently flawed.

I'm in favor of a resource based economy, where the government is nothing more than a resource monitoring system and a global innovation factory. And humanity can be freed from having to commit their whole lives to working for paper. A world that can free you from having to constantly deal with the basics of life. To travel the world your whole life, to study and contribute in any field you wish. To educate yourselves, to grow spiritually without interruption.

No hunger, no homelessness, no real crime as there would be little incentive for it, and the control would be decentralized entirely. Give the whole world a voice. It is by no means a Utopian society. We will always have strife among ourselves. But there would be no incentive to take what isn't ours. Today the vast majority of violent crimes are committed in the pursuit of money. So long as this system exists our existence is in question.

Google Video Link

This is what I advocate. But if we're going to deal with money we need monetary reform and REAL initiatives in alternative energy sources. A National Gold Standard couldn't hurt. Abolishing the Federal Reserve, pulling the empire in and quit wasting that money on nothing...that sort of thing.

But if we're ever going to evolve as a cohesive, sustainable species, we need to truly understand our relationship to the world. The only acceptable one world government is one that can handle the technical issues without telling ANYONE what to do.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Originally posted by MasterRegal

O'rly?
Then why does the U.N have a code of governance; why does it seek to control the global internet; why does it seek global gun control; why have varying scholars and such been hired to restructure the U.N. into a mechanism for global governance; why have varying academic scholars written articles and books that explicitly link, suggest and provide evidences that the U.N. is and/or has been seeking global governance under the auspices of ......you guessed it, the U.N., etc., etc., etc., etc.?

The U.N is a representation of a mechanism that will invariably embody or personify global governance and to fail to know or see this is invariably a perception problem not on my end.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Seekerof]

We need to get the US out of the UN and then get the UN out of the US

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by depmode21
reply to post by jtma508

I agree with you all that human beings at the core are a crap species.
But I do not agree that there aren't people out there who could run such a government in the most transparent manner possible. There have been millions of people since the dawning of time who do good and mean good.

Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy, Ghandi, the list goes on and on.

Many of you are saying that you will be enslaved to a elite class of people?
Do you really think that an elite class of people can avoid being overthrown by six billion rebelling citizens? What are they going to do hide underground?

Any One-World Government that gets established will be done for the betterment of mankind. There will be nothing shady or corrupt about it.

Ya know, when ever I see threads like this by new members saying such,, well I can't say what I really think of this idea of yours without using the most cutting remarks. I can't even believe you are for real. Sometimes I think people like this are just practical jokers.

I got this far giving your thread more of my attention than it deserves

One World Government with someone some "Good Person" that would want to "Rule the world".

Ya know, I have never met a truly "Good person" that would even be interested in something like that.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al

it might work.

You can't be serious. You like someone like Pol Pot? Stalin? Or how about a islamic cleric?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aermacchi

it might work.

You can't be serious. You like someone like Pol Pot? Stalin? Or how about a islamic cleric?

No, I'm deadly serious.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

it might work.

No, I'm deadly serious.

You and your thread fail little troll. F off.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The world will always be fallen so long as money exists.

Let's work toward the Venus Project, a money-free resource-based life.

Check out my signature link.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

The 'problem' with the NWO is that the architects are the same fellows responsible for what you are to see below:

The World Bank - IMF is owned and controlled by NM Rothschild and 30 to 40 of the wealthiest people in the world. For over 150 years they have planned to take the world over through money. The former chief economist of the World Bank, Joe Stiglitz, was fired recently. He pointed out to top executives that every country the IMF/World Bank got involved in ended up with a crashed economy, a destroyed government, and sometimes in flames with riots. Jim Wolfensen, the president of the World Bank would not comment on his dismissal.

Burrow into NM Rothschild, you’ll find it all there. The IMF/World Bank implosion, four points, how they bring down a country and destroy the resources of the people. First you open up the capital markets. That is, you sell off your local banks to foreign banks. Then you go to what’s called market-based pricing. That’s the stuff like in California where everything is free market and you end up with water bills no one can pay. Then open up your borders to trade - complete free marketeering. Its like the opium wars. This isn’t free trade; this is coercion trade. This is war. They are taking apart economies through this. China has a 40% tariff on the USA, but the USA has a 2% on them. That’s not free and fair trade. It’s to force all industry into a country that the globalists fully control, and they control China.

NWO architects and beneficiaries.

Need one say more?

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aermacchi

I want to rule the world, and i'm a very nice person. I know you haven't met me but there must be a lot more people out there like me. SHUTDOWWWWN

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I think that a "one world government" would only work if all the world's population have the same living standards and social ethics, education, etc. As long as we have folks who live in modern dwellings vs folks that still live on mud huts, it is impossible to think that one governing body could tie everything together.

And from what I see, the standards of living for most of the 1st and 2nd world countries would have to drop severely before a sustainable one world government would be even remotely feasible. Perhaps in the distant future it will work, but humans on a planet wide scale are not ready for it and the whole thing will fail leading to many unnecessary deaths.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeLarge
What's up with these "one world government is good" threads lately on ATS? Looks like shill invasion !

DeLarge

And this type of mentality is what makes discussing this topic impossible. If anyone says anything you disagree with, you immediately accuse him of being a "shill."

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by depmode21
reply to post by jtma508

I agree with you all that human beings at the core are a crap species.
But I do not agree that there aren't people out there who could run such a government in the most transparent manner possible. There have been millions of people since the dawning of time who do good and mean good.

Abraham Lincoln, John F. Kennedy, Ghandi, the list goes on and on.

Many of you are saying that you will be enslaved to a elite class of people?
Do you really think that an elite class of people can avoid being overthrown by six billion rebelling citizens? What are they going to do hide underground?

Any One-World Government that gets established will be done for the betterment of mankind. There will be nothing shady or corrupt about it.

Ya know, when ever I see threads like this by new members saying such,, well I can't say what I really think of this idea of yours without using the most cutting remarks. I can't even believe you are for real. Sometimes I think people like this are just practical jokers.

I got this far giving your thread more of my attention than it deserves

One World Government with someone some "Good Person" that would want to "Rule the world".

Ya know, I have never met a truly "Good person" that would even be interested in something like that.

Furthermore I think it is sad that you must think most people enter politics for reasons other than to help people. I guess it all depends on you world view and your experience with humanity. In my experience it hasn't been as bad as nearly everyone on this forum seems to think.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TylerKing

Hey stupid, I'm not the one replying to your posts, skeptic is.

Also, I'm not a troll... I bring valid points, maybe you need to get your head out of your ass and think outside the box.

You can point your fingers at all these regulations that Bush has implemented, but honestly, how much did it effect your life? The only thing I can think of is higher security at airports, that's about it.

Our lifestyles and freedoms are no different now than they were 10 years ago. All this nonsense that we will lose our freedoms is a joke. There is no proof for any of the so called "evil" that a One-World Government would bring. And don't bring up the Bible, you guys spur words out of control even in the holy texts. Just like how people take Nostradamus writings and try to make it seem that he predicted modern day disasters.

The whole point of a One World Government is to rebuild other nations and make the world a more balanced place. Why don't you guys take a trip to Afghanistan and see that there is a whole another world out there that needs help and they need it immediately. Or else, those same people are going to get become envious and raise havoc in the world, ie terrorism.

You can say that no elite group of human beings can manage the world. Well, ask yourselves why you all live so peacefully in the US? Did you yourselves create this kind of environment, or was it the "elite" group of politicians that have been making sure that the US is in good working order?

You guys seem to think that anarchy is the greatest way to live... That we should be free from all government control and that we should govern our lives ourselves, then why don't you guys look at Afghanistan for the past 20 years?

Please tell me what happened to that country after Soviet War and the government had collapsed... Anarchy. There was civil war among various tribes and war lords running the show... Drug cultivation got out of control, and millions of people were raped, brutalized, and murdered. Women lost their all their rights and were forced into live dehumanizing lifestyles. But nobody in the world noticed, until the terrorism bit them on their ass and reminded them that the WHOLE WORLD needs to be looked after.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join