It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll, Please list your top 3 threats

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
1) My physics professor

2) This summer

3) My parents

This is the most realistic list here. As much as I pretend to worry about recessions and international affairs, nothing's come close to hitting me badly.

Although as a college student, ruffready's post causes me much fear and anguish...

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Johnmike]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I think of it like this...

Any number of things can and likely will happen to cause major upset. I doubt it will be merely one thing or even two or three. I see a whole series of events taking place...domino effect begins and voila - a whole lotta SitX.

Threats to me and mine I measure more in the after effects of catastrophy - regardless of how long catastrophe takes to unglue the fabric of society.

People - their panic, fear and lack of instinct.
People - their greed and desperation
People - and the loss of kinship and compassion

The global economy, governments, environment can throw whatever it wants our way and we've had it coming. But it's the after effect and those three I mentioned that I see as the biggest threats.

You could even list those three as the precursors I suppose to whatever catastrophe(s) we're headed for.

Not that it's hopeless for mankind...we are our own biggest hurdle is all.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

#1 - Global Economic collapse engineered by the NWO, resulting in a
myriad of other issues like one other poster mentioned.

The dollar will lose world reserve currency status and the US will fall
the hardest ( as planned ) and millions will die in the riots and other events.

#2 - Rule #1 of the Georgia Guidestones will be implemented via a
pandemic thru some accident similar to Factor VIII

( yes, your in shock and that is MSNBC saying they knew they
were killing ppl, and making money off killing ppl )

#3 - The Middle East will flare up via Israel, and Iran and WW3 will
begin full tilt and then see Rule #1 of the Georgia Guidestones.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
1. Humanity as a whole will loose hope in it’s own ability to change.

2. People will go on allowing world hunger while growing obese and consuming. Those people are surely damned.

3. Karl my Iguana is going to loose another toe. He’s lost 4 now and it’s breaking my heart.

peace

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
my top 3 threats supriseingly have nothing whatsoever to do with the economy, the president, or islam, all those are just cultural changes, and living how I do, don't tend to affect me too much aside from maybe stepping up my security defenses in case any of those who do actually panic come this way.

biggest threats to me are beyond just a change in cultre or government.

1 destruction of all life on earth, maybe even earth itself, be it through asteroid, comet, or some other type of destructive celestial phenomena

2 plauge, real plauge, worldwide, wich can always happen no matter what your economy or civilization is like

3 science gone wrong, something like the halldron collider opening up a bigger black hole then they thought, a grey goo scenario, the total breakdown of reality

just throwing out zombies, since hey, you never know, it could happen. would actually enjoy it if it did to be honest

everything else is something humanity can adapt to, so therefore is less of a threat compared to the total destruction of everything. for everything else, evolve or die.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
My top 3 threats.

1/ Meteorite hit. Apparently one is well over due and with the luck I'm having lately it will land right on top of my house. . .

2/ Cancer. I have lost so many people I love through this desease that the very word scares me more than you could ever know.

3/ Economic collapse and the introduction of a military controlled state. If the credit crunch continues and people keep being thrown out of work and lose their homes, sooner or later they are going to fight back. And this would give the government the perfect excuse to introduce military rule.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
1) Nuclear war.
There are thousands of nuclear weapons on this planet, all under the command of government officials of questionable sanity and intelligence. One major international incident, plus a few errors in judgement along the way, and those things could be raining down on our heads. Plus, there's always a chance that someone could simply launch a mistaken 'counterattack' if there's a glitch in their early warning system.

2) Global Pandemic.
It has happened before. It'll happen again. The last one was the flu of 1918 that is estimated to have killed up to 100 million people worldwide. As bad as that was, the next one could be even worse.

3) Large scale civil unrest
There could be various causes for this one. Whatever the case may be, its guaranteed that a good number of people will act like total, utter and complete morons and, if in large enough numbers, will cut a path of destruction that'll make anything short of #1 on this list look tame by comparison.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Mine are as follows: 1. job loss 2. more people not getting proper healthcare 3. more of our military getting killed

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
1. All governments
2. Terrorists
3. Global warming fanatics.
Of course there are more but won't go into them now.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
#1 The coming of Satan (it just sounds like the worst thing that can happen, since it meens the world will actually end)

#2 Government De-Population (Murdering countless amounts of people for no good reason.)

#3 Some kind of Skins ID (That is commonly thought of as the mark of the Beast, which would lead to #1)

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
this might sound stupid and this post is a total useless one
but can't u link your favourites.

Its way easier to have like a best of in content

I live Sober

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Speaking of global pandemic, "It's heeeerrreee!" Yes, the WHO has upgraded the "North American Influenza" AKA swine flu from a category 4 to a 5. Be aware of the thread I posted this week in the Food and Cooking section on recipes I know of which use Chinese Star Anise, the natural source of the prescription medicine Tamiflu:

www.ask.com...

Keep in mind that Star Anise pods or the entire star-shaped rosettes (a cluster of pods) are small, easy to carry, and they store well because they are sold in a dried form. Furthermore, they don't come with the wicked side effects that have been reported with Tamiflu.

[edit on 4/30/2009 by Uphill]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
1. Nuclear holocaust

2. A global pandemic which invovles a virus. (swine flu, bird flu or something much worse)

3. The human race having irreversable effects on our planet.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiConspirator
#1 The coming of Satan (it just sounds like the worst thing that can happen, since it meens the world will actually end)

#2 Government De-Population (Murdering countless amounts of people for no good reason.)

#3 Some kind of Skins ID (That is commonly thought of as the mark of the Beast, which would lead to #1)

Who says this isnt hell already and that satan and his chums arn't already ruling the so called civilised world.... De-population as you put it is why there are wars. We think we rule the planet but mother nature takes back what she want to, when she wants too

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join