It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Myth of 90 Percent: Only A Small Fraction Of Guns In Mexico Come From U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

The Myth of 90 Percent: Only A Small Fraction Of Guns In Mexico Come From U.S.

www.foxnews.com

EXCLUSIVE: You've heard this shocking "fact" before -- on TV and radio, in newspapers, on the Internet and from the highest politicians in the land: 90 percent of the weapons used to commit crimes in Mexico come from the United States.

-- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said it to reporters on a flight to Mexico City.

-- CBS newsman Bob Schieffer referred to it while interviewing President Obama.

-- California Sen. Dianne Feinstein....

-- William Hoover, assistant director [ATF]...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
So here it is folks, THIS is the truth behind the parsing of words being used when putting forth such false accusations.

The TRUTH is that 90 percent of the Firearms which ATF has scanned/traced (Recovered from Cartel Crime Scenes) emanate from the United States, but this amount of 90 percent ONLY makes up 17 percent of the TOTAL firearms in the hands of Cartel Members.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Most of us on ATS know this 90% figure of weapons coming from U.S. is hogwash when it comes to percentage of weapons conficated from the Cartel. This again is nothing more then a ploy to confiscate weapons from citizens here in the U.S.

I met with a very reliable source whose business is to know, that the majority of the weapons are coming from South America and Central America and that is a fact. Do not let these politicians who want to control every aspect of your life tell you any different.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by amari]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I posted this yesterday, Here and not as much response as I thought would come from this sort of news.

I find it odd that this type of information is taken so lightly.

new topics

top topics

join