It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power of intention with my alarm clock?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
For the past few months Ive been doing allot of study on the power of intention and also doing meditation work with it, to see if i can get it to work.

Heres the story:

Yesterday i had a doctors app very early in the morning and the day before i intended all day(just normal intention, not focused meditative intention) to set and use my alarm clock to wake me up but instead i just used my mobile phones alarm clock. Well i used my phone, it worked and i went to my app. But here is the weird thing:

At 12am that night my bedside alarm clock went off, 12am is the default time it will go off at if turned on without setting it for a specific time. Now its been off for months but somehow it turned itself on and i have no memory of touching it. I thought i might have done this while half asleep or something but i can kinda rule that out as i never do anything half asleep.

So how the hell did it turn itself on? I have absolutely no memory of touching it and its been off for months. Was it truly the power of intention? Thoughts were going out all day of turning it on, universe listened and turned it on? Its a simple flick of a switch.

Just thought id share this little weird happening.
Thanks for reading.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonro
For the past few months Ive been doing allot of study on the power of intention and also doing meditation work with it, to see if i can get it to work.

Heres the story:

Yesterday i had a doctors app very early in the morning and the day before i intended all day(just normal intention, not focused meditative intention) to set and use my alarm clock to wake me up but instead i just used my mobile phones alarm clock. Well i used my phone, it worked and i went to my app. But here is the weird thing:

At 12am that night my bedside alarm clock went off, 12am is the default time it will go off at if turned on without setting it for a specific time. Now its been off for months but somehow it turned itself on and i have no memory of touching it. I thought i might have done this while half asleep or something but i can kinda rule that out as i never do anything half asleep.

So how the hell did it turn itself on? I have absolutely no memory of touching it and its been off for months. Was it truly the power of intention? Thoughts were going out all day of turning it on, universe listened and turned it on? Its a simple flick of a switch.

Just thought id share this little weird happening.
Thanks for reading.

An interesting phenomenon that I have experiences hunreds of times throughout my life, is waking up right before the alarm goes off.

Situation, you have something extremely important to do in the morning so you set your alarm. But instead of waking up to your alarm, you wake up within a few minutes of when its set to go off.

I first experienced this in high school for exams. What I don't understand is that I have woken up seconds, or within 1 minute of it going off, pretty much as if someone woke me up so I could be ready to turn my alarm clock off in 1 minute. Obviously lots of people have experienced this, but I wonder how it works. We must have an internal clock that our subconscious is aware of.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

I have experienced the exact same thing many many may times....I in fact, have no use for an alarm clock about 95% of the time. I have woken up anywhere from 5 to ten minutes before goes off, to even 2 or 3 seconds.....I swear i wake up and then bam...the alarm starts moments later.

still happens, has always happened. I just figure I've got a helluva internal chronometer.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Thanks for your reply's fellas.

I have also experienced, many times, the internal alarm clock which you speak of and i think just about everyone has the ability to use it with practice.

Although my experience is a little different. I was intending, planning, to set my alarm clock all day but decided to use my mobile phone instead and it woke me, not my internal alarm clock.

Now i haven't touched my bedside alarm clock in months but something turned it on, not to the correct time but just to the default 12:00 setting.

Now i have no idea how it got turned on but i was intending to set it all day, so maybe all this power of intention stuff just might be real?

Cheers.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by Jonro]

top topics

join