It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix police raid home of blogger whose writing is highly critical of them

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by arizonascott
reply to post by John Matrix

The Casey Anthony case ran for months! They always have these crap stories to take the center stage to distract the public. They always focus on stories that will occupy housewives, braindead couch potatoes and gossip girls.

If they didn't these same people would be talking about the corrupt government.

Exactly. I wonder how many braindead people have begun to take on the personality of Nancy Grace? To bad she wouldn't turn her charming ways to exposing the corrupt gov/police/authorities instead of going on with her man bashing all the time.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I have a lot of respect for our wo/men in blue, it's a tough admirable job... and unfortunately very dangerous and thankless for those patrolling our concrete jungles. As for the personalities it attracts, cops are an interesting breed. A few over grown bullies mixed in with messiahs and opportunists, but for the majority of the lot they are true boy/girl scouts. For those who abuse their positions you have to note the motives for taking on such a powerful public service in profession. Where is the ego in relationship to the heart? ...so to speak.

I think Henry Rollins speaks volumes about those who turn "public service" into "self service":

Obviously the background checks and on going performance reports are not enough to insure that only those with the best of intentions get to wear the badge. I think we need to have more comprehensive tests and procedures in place that can filter out the bad cops and their corrupt administrators.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I just Yahoo buzzed the story from azcentral.com. I was the first one to flag it. I hope it gets tons of hits on the Yahoo discussion boards! That'll showem!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
Be prepared for a backlash people. Sherrif Joe is truly a crazed man. If I remember correctly A few years back he sent deputies to a connecticut home to threaten a blogger who had written negative things about him.

I think The poster turned out to be a 14 year old girl..........

Can anyone confirm this or have a link to a newstory? How could deputies from AZ have any jurisdiction in another state?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The All Seeing I
Obviously the background checks and on going performance reports are not enough to insure that only those with the best of intentions get to wear the badge. I think we need to have more comprehensive tests and procedures in place that can filter out the bad cops and their corrupt administrators.

As a start, the hiring age for a cop should be 30 years old minimum. This way they have life experience in the real working world among the rest of the civilians, and hopefully they develope some empathy and good character by then. They will also have a work history by that age. Their lifestyle habits will also show.....in other words, if they are fit at 30 due to good habits, it's a good sign they will be fit at 50 or 60. Hiring at 30 allows them to retire at 60 with 30 years service.

But to put a 20 or 25 year old punk kid in a uniform with all that power is a recipe for disaster.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It is sad to say but here in Arizona the judicial system is corrupt and in many county s they get away with a lot. A friend of mine, his house was raided. They broke out windows broke down unlocked doors, ripped off solar panels and much much more. The sheriffs dpt stole over ten thousand dollars worth of stuff including an atv & jewelery. There confiscation list was 3 pages long. They kept him in jail for 60 day without merit. The sad thing is that he was not guilty of any crime and the case was dropped. No lawyers in this state want the case with out a large retainer fee up front, so the Apache Sheriffs dpt get away scott free!

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I can guarantee that most everyone on here knows that things are messed up and know that we have to do something about it.

We need to get more people to read articles like this so that they can form their own opinion about it. Most arrogant people don't want to read, hear, see, or even think about all this stuff.

I cant really explain it, but i guess what I'm trying to say is that ATS users, and "realists" all over America for that matter, need to spread the word about this "home land security" and what its REALLY doing; not for us, but to us.

I feel bad for this guy, he's obviously one of the first victims. We need to do something before it gets too out of hand.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Excellent point on age, and i'd like to add that one of the biggest "talent" pools that police are recruited 20-somethings from, is the military. Which really makes me wonder if this is the best demographic to be drawing from. Sure they know how to handle a firearm, are accustom to the structure/discipline of such a position, can work under life-threatening situations... but they are in the end for all intensive purposes trained killers. Not sure how well that translates in the role of a public servant? Let's just say i have my doubts.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Funny how life imitates art.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
One thing good I can say about Sheriff Joe is that he is doing a lot to cut down illegal immigration no matter what the Guvnor says! So there is one good thing.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Tick
Here they go again with the home land security!

I agree that on the surface this looks like an abuse of authority. Of course we don't have any details yet to know if this person did something illegal to bring this on himself. Criminals always say they are innocent and embellish the story. If the Blogger did nothing wrong I'm on their side.

What I don't get is what does "Homeland Security" have to do with this case? This was the Phoenix Police.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
That will teach him to mess with sheriff Joe the crookest cop in the west.

His best bet would be to go to the nearest FBI office and file a formal complaint.

What he should have done is declare himself a candidate for the office of sheriff before messing with sheriff Joe.

Then he would have a federal case against sheriff Joe.

en.wikipedia.org...

My god.... How the hell is that dog still allowed to run things? Reading that wiki was like reading what the person who wrote the movie "FELON" must have been thinking.

Designing and allowing poles from his tent camps to be used as weapons, and admitting it?

His grunts openly threatening people for requesting public documents under the FOI act? Using that same act to harass government officials, etc?

Numerous suspicious deaths and subsequent multi-thousand dollar payouts to families?

Jesus... And mad useless snipers go on the rampage targeting NORMAL People, when there are clowns like this around who need one in the skull...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
None of this is a comes as a shock to me at all.
Ive lived here in phoenix for 6 yrs and still cannot believe what kind of
nonsense the police get away with! My neighbor's son was arrested on a traffic warrant, after being in the jail for only an hour jail waiting to be processed he was attacked by another man who was in the same holding cell with him but was being charged with assault and robbery, the police did nothing and the kid is now a semi vegetable from the head trauma he endured. Its very sad.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by arizonascott

I doubt any of these braindead people have a clue about Government corruption, regardless of the garbage they are fed.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Now with Obama passing law that all of our electronic data can be searched with out a warrant, well i guess we can all be put in this mans shoes.

(visit the link for the full news article)

How did I miss this? Has he really been doing THAT much wrong that it got lost in the shuffle (that's a real possibility)?

Where's the link?

nenothtu out

[edit on 2009/4/3 by nenothtu]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
Funny how life imitates art.

Cruelty, intolerance, injustice and oppression. Remember those words. They describe our police, prosecutors, judges, and other gov. authorities.

We live in an age when the people most likely to kick your doors in and ransack your homes are the police. It is they who have become the bigger threat to our peace, liberty, and security.

[edit on 3/4/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

One thing good I can say about Sheriff Joe is that he is doing a lot to cut down illegal immigration no matter what the Guvnor says! So there is one good thing.

Ya, and Al Capone once helped a little ole lady cross the street. Didn't make him a good guy to all those he killed or had beat up and crippled did it?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Here I may have misquoted this but here is your link

www.eff.org...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Get your facts straight. sheriff Joe is the only enforcement out there standing up to the gangs of illegal immigrants trying to bully the good citizens who are here legally.

This action involved THE CITY OF PHOENIX. SHERIFF JOE IS THE MARICOPA COUNTY SHERIFF

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone

Joe Arparo of the MCSD and the Phoenix Police Department are two separate entities. This suit is with the Phoenix PD. NOT the Maricopa County Dept!
Zindo

I know, but I still lump all of those goons together anyway. It's like when you have a cancer that spreads. One cancer cell is connected to the others. You have to root them all out and I think you start with the biggest bastard of them all, Sheriff Joe Arpaio. then work your way to cutting out the rest of the infection.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join