It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix police raid home of blogger whose writing is highly critical of them

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
What no one seems to get is , that if you want these things to change, you are going to have to accept that the capitalist agenda in your nation is the only reason the law enforcement agencies can get away with this. Once you accept that , you can fight the real battle and who knows, you might get somewhere. If you care about this situation, call your local representative to government and tell them that you wish this matter bought up when your nations parliment is next in session. Get this OUT there for everyone regardless of creed or faith or political status to hear. Thats the battle. Fight it ! We have in my nation , a system which observes us at almost every turn , on every road. We can have our lives turned upside down even if we are only "suspected" of minor infractions of the law, our politicians can have thier homes and parlimentary offices ransacked, and no action is taken by our government to stop this.Oh its frowned upon , and investigations and equiries are launched , and no doubt someone gets sacked, but the SYSTEM which allows these things to happen in the first place, is never altered, never changed, never wrecked and rebuilt to benifit the people instead of the governance class. And we are part of the developed world ? Ha.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty

while handcuffing his female roommate for three hours as they tore the place apart.

I'm not sure about this blogger and what he may or may not have done, but I think this is way over the top.
Hope she has a good lawyer and decides to sue.

Yeah seriously. I believe, in most cases there is no right to arrest, only to keep them in the area.

I'd like to see the warrant and know exactly what was allowed to be search.

Also, this is a good read on your rights. Definitely be familiar with it.
ssd.eff.org...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by fredtheman
Perhaps we should find out the phone numbers to the Phoenix Police agency associated with this Unconstitutional travesty and all drop them a call.
DO NOT threaten them...just make them aware that we know what is going on and will not stand for it.
Look up the term "Streisand Effect"

Remember Cockroaches scurry when bright light is shined on them.

I agree here, we should all call... I have seen sheriff and phoenix police mentioned, can anyone tell if it is the city or sheriff? I was going to try and find the number to post it.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Estharik

Excellent....the whole aim of their "operation" against this blogger was to gag and silence him.I would pay money to see the looks on their faces when they realize the exact opposite has occurred and calls from far away places pour in.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Sheriff Joe runs the whole place whether its the PD or not the buck stops with him..he is an arrogant prick who is as dirty as they get he has been up to NO good in Phoenix for years...the New Times in Phoenix hates him...here's a few numbers to get you all started I say we blow up the phones and bring theses Roaches out into the "LIGHT"...

MCSO ...THE HOM 'O JOE

Political Corruption:
(602) 876-1092
Vice:
(602) 876-1092
White Collar Crime:
(602) 876-1092
Other Major Felonies:
(602) 876-1087
Cruelty:
(602) 876-1681

PHOENIX NEW TIMES
Address:
1201 E. Jefferson, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Mailing address:
PO Box 2510, Phoenix, AZ 85002
Phone: 602-271-0040
Fax: 602-340-8806

FBI Phoenix
Contact Information
Address: 201 E. Indianola Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85012.
Main Telephone Number: 602.279.5511

AZ CENTRAL.COM
contact info
Main switchboard
(602) 444-8000
(800) 331-9303 toll-free

ARIZONA REPUBLIC
The Arizona Republic
Phone: 602-444-6397
22600 N. 19th Ave.
Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.A.

Blow them phones up guys if we don't get them then who will...???

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Hashishian]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Hashishian

Bravo....i hear the first Domino falling over already.I have a feeling that Mr Arpaio doesnt actually understand how the modern world works.I suspect he thinks he can silence this guy and the whole situation will go away.

Wonder how many Tums he will be eating today...light up those switchboards guys....

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Excellent....the whole aim of their "operation" against this blogger was to gag and silence him.I would pay money to see the looks on their faces when they realize the exact opposite has occurred and calls from far away places pour in.

unfortunely, this type of (police and sheriff along with the local judges)behavior is accepted in maricopa county. the feds justice dept. and the FBI accept this too...why do i say this? because in all of these years, the feds have not moved to stop this.
therefore, if you want to live under american law, do not move to maricopa county. it's that simple. and i would suggest that anyone living there, to move away.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Things like this can only thrive in darkness...every call is like a beam of light shining harshly on the issue.Regardless of how long this has been going on we should NOT sit idly by...make those calls guys

BE POLITE...just let them know you are aware of the situation and are watching its outcome with baited breath.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
He should be able to file a very serious lawsuit against everyone involved. She should be able to file her own lawsuit as well. The real test is whether they are successful and whether the State Attorney General gets involved. I'm witting the Arizona State Attorney General myself and asking him to get involved. [email protected]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Be prepared for a backlash people. Sherrif Joe is truly a crazed man. If I remember correctly A few years back he sent deputies to a connecticut home to threaten a blogger who had written negative things about him.

I think The poster turned out to be a 14 year old girl..........

I have a gut feeling that the FBI is planning an indictment for Joe in the near future.....this guys is constantly in the news in AZ.

All the money he has saved by lowering inmate living standards has all be for nothig anyway because Maricopa County has paid 50 million in out of court settlements.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
If this is for real, and there is not some mitigating details we do not know about, (and I suppose even if they are) we shouldn't be so concerned about calling Phoniex PD as calling all local newspaper and tv stations in the area and demanding an investigation. If none prevails we should all keep calling and demanding. Talking about it on here won't get anything done. And tell your friends and neighbors that aren't ATS'rs about this story, it's important. S&F.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by texas thinker

Thats a GREAT idea and should be done in addition to calling the Police force responsible.Every call is a small beam of light...eventually they will add up into a BLINDING beam of light.I like to think of it as a seachlight of truth and justice.Corny i know...but its what i feel.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Is it possible to log onto the Phoenix newspaper websites and make comments? That might be a way to do it without using your name and becoming a target yourself.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

unfortunely, this type of (police and sheriff along with the local judges)behavior is accepted in maricopa county. the feds justice dept. and the FBI accept this too...why do i say this? because in all of these years, the feds have not moved to stop this.
therefore, if you want to live under american law, do not move to maricopa county. it's that simple. and i would suggest that anyone living there, to move away.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by jimmyx]

Unfortunately you are absolutely correct. The Feds have investigate Arpaio a number of times, and he has been sued for civil damages for which Maricopa county has paid out millions and nothing happens to him. My daughter has worked in Phoenix in a place where there are extremely wealthy criminals (I won't go into this any further). Suffice it to say that extreme corruption is business as usual. Arpaio is guilty of torture and murder, and nothing ever touches him--he keeps documentation on the politicians and wealthy 'elite' there, and this guarantees his 'immunity'. This is how the 'game' is played, and is simply a microcosm of the federal (which may be why they don't bother--also, Arpaio probably has information on federal judges, etc. How he keeps getting elected is the 'tough sheriff' PR, though he has infuriated many.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Illegal search and seizure. Sue them for it.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
Be prepared for a backlash people. Sherrif Joe is truly a crazed man. If I remember correctly A few years back he sent deputies to a connecticut home to threaten a blogger who had written negative things about him.

I have a gut feeling that the FBI is planning an indictment for Joe in the near future.....this guys is constantly in the news in AZ.

All the money he has saved by lowering inmate living standards has all be for nothig anyway because Maricopa County has paid 50 million in out of court settlements.

I've written him critical emails, and I live in a connected state (NM). People here and law enforcement where I live simply don't like him and wouldn't put up with sending any out of jurisdiction deputies. This state is highly corrupt as well, but Arpaio knows enough about stealth diplomacy to stay out of NM business. That said, I am surprised that he would go so far, but then a lot of 'law enforcement' in CT and NJ, NY share the same mindset.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I don't think this will be the last time that this will happen to we out speakers against the system.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Well if this is only about his blog then the PD & Judge stepped way over line.

However it may also be his issues he is having with his wife (if it's the same guy, and it seems it may be I'm still digging in on it.)

court of appeals pdf

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Btw, the blog is still up:

badphoenixcops.blogspot.com...

As someone who grew up in a small town and has seen the abuses of such law enforcement agencies, these things really make me angry.

The law is suppose to represent fairness, right and wrong. That it gets perverted is one of the worst sins of mankind.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by drock905

I was actually wondering had this guy done his blogging etc from another city or state what would have happened?

He should been more careful in hiding his identity. Using something like TOR etc

Wow his Arizona deputies went to another state
What jurisdicton or even right do they have to do that
I hope they got the door slammed in their face and maybe a nice lawsuit or something.

This story sounds so corrupt I hope this guy wins in the end

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join