It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Criminal charges filled against Morristown, New Jersey UFO hoaxers !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Morris County Prosecutor Robert A. Bianchi conducted a press conference this evening and discuss the Criminal charges filled against Morristown, New Jersey UFO hoaxers .The pair of Whippany Park HS alumni that they staged a UFO hoax involving road flares and balloons earlier this year.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
That's complete SNIP

Any one smell a cover-up?

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Crakeur]

[edit on 3-4-2009 by Crakeur]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Shakezoola

Just curious, but what would it actually take for it to convince you?

Perhaps for the guys to break down in court and say that the CIA and/or the aliens told them to stage the event?

Don't get annoyed, I'm just curious

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
do you want a pat on the back for being a hoaxer or something??

if anything,,,,how dumb can you be to actually get caught,,,,,

you can't set free some balloons without getting caught

i wouldn't be here bragging,,, i' be rather ashamed

snd i doubt you'll get any props from those here

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
As they go hoaxer hunting,
Where is the charges or investigations for accusations made by a bank that it was forced to take TARP or face audit going back years.

Thus having Gov't up their institution and high interest dues. and the firms that lost clients moneys, or the Treasury taking retirements upon them selves arbitrarily to gamblew in speculative markets?

Oh, nevermind..
I'll write my Congressman about it. That should do the trick.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
These guys weren't caught, they admitted to doing it. They even posted the video of them doing it on Google video.

I agree with the criminal charges being filled. What they did posed serious risks to air traffic safety.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
prosecutor said its not really a crime sounds like he's mittigating the circumstanses. with good representation they could have got off oblviously the fees are more trouble than the fine and since its local court a judge can over rule this any way and do as theu please dirty judges dirty legal system stupid hoaxers

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shakezoola
Any one smell a cover-up?

Hoaxes happen. No matter how much you want to believe extraterrestrials are visiting the planet, you have to admit that hoaxes can and do happen. You do yourself nor your cause any favors by declaring each and every UFO sightings a genuine case of extraterrestrial visitation or declaring every admission of a hoax part of a cover-up.

On that note, this is what a column at the Daily Grail had to say:

However, the skeptical duo are right to say that there should be a question over the validity of all UFO cases (though it's not because of their hoax). This is an area filled with speculation, hoaxing and misidentifications. They are certainly right, therefore, in calling on people to be more skeptical about lights in the sky, and media reporting about them. Hopefully people treat the 'lights in the sky' cases of UFO with a bit more skepticism in future, considering this hoax case, and last year's "Chinese Lantern" invasion in the UK. Conversely though, it would be nice if skeptics acknowledged that UFO sightings go beyond simple specks of light in the sky.
SOURCE

Further...

I'm sure many 'UFO believers' out there are having a bit of a giggle, or cheering, about these skeptics being charged by prosecutors. I'm not one of them. I don't really agree with what they did, but I can appreciate what they were trying to do (excepting any feeding of their intellectual ego). Anybody laughing at these guys should ask themselves why they are doing so, because it might reveal a bit about any 'beliefs' they might have.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I am laughing....
just as much as either of these guys would be if I hoaxed an offer of "employment".

There is just too much rat feces going on without this, and the potential danger they created to the airspace when they released the balloons.

Go ahead and flame away, if you wish, just think a bit about what it takes to bring down an aircraft.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This goes to show that if you perpetrate a hoax, you could be charged with a crime.

Keep that in mind, hoaxers.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

FFS - they were not prosecuted for " hoaxing " but for reckless release of pyrotechnics

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by _BoneZ_

FFS - they were not prosecuted for " hoaxing " but for reckless release of pyrotechnics

Pyrotechnics that many night-time hoaxes consist of and if caught, one COULD BE CHARGED.

Or any release of an airborne object into commercial airspace that could interfere with aircraft, for that matter.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by _BoneZ_]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jailed_hoaxer

People like this that piss me off for making more ufos sightings being proved as hoaxes and make more people think UFOS arent real

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If they are prosecuted it's a bad thing. People won't stop hoaxing. What will happen is that people will admit to it even less, for fear of being prosecuted. Essentially, they are being prosecuted because they admitted it. I don't think prosecution will act a deterrent for hoaxing, but it will act as a deterrent from admitting to hoaxes.

top topics

join