It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Wheel of Time Goes 'Round and 'Round

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The reason for this post is I have often wondered about recurring history and it's basis in reality. I have searched it on the inet and can't seem to find any sites with a lot of examples. I am hoping that those of you who read this will have a recurring situation you can share, whether it's personal or a "World Event".

Here's what I found as examples so far:

. Aancient stories of Gilgamesh and the obvious correlation to the Bible's Noah are great examples.

. The stalker who was just arrested for stalking olympic phenom Shawn Johnson and the correlation to the stalker who "Loved" American actress Jodie Foster.

. In 1974 when OPEC leveled an oil embargo, sky rocketing fuel prices leading to the subsequent recession, and large annual increase in the consumer price index. These increases were partly caused by deficit spending in the federal government, including the Vietnam War. Does that sound familiar when compared to the U.S. now?

. In the year 9, Quintillius Varus ignored warnings and underestimated the enemy, and he was destroyed by "savages." In the year 1876, George Armstrong Custer ignored warnings and underestimated the enemy, and he was destroyed by "savages."

. In 408 the Western Roman Emperor had his Master of Soldiers executed, which allowed Visigoths to sack the city of Rome two years later. In 454 another Western Roman Emperor murdered his Master of Soldiers which allowed Vandals to sack the city of Rome in the following year.

. In 1912 the ocean liner Titanic was considered the safest ship afloat but hit an iceberg and sank on its first voyage. In 1915 the hospital ship Britannic (a sister of the Titanic with many improved safety features) hit a German mine on its first voyage and sank even faster than the Titanic did.

. In 1812 Napoleon Bonaparte invaded Russia while still at war with Great Britain, contributing to his downfall. In 1941 Adolf Hitler invaded Russia while still at war with Great Britain, contributing to his downfall. (wiki-anwers)

wiki.answers.com...

. There are many times throughout history where world domination was attempted, successfuly failing repeatedly. (successfuly failing repeatedly?... what tha'... is that right?
) Does this mean "No NWO?"

There are a ton of very popular themes that seem to repeat throughout history. Different actors, a tweaking of the script a bit, and voisla you have an event that has happened in a different place and time but nearly the same as before.

Thanks for reading and for any examples you may have.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
The reason for this post is I have often wondered about recurring history and it's basis in reality. I have searched it on the inet and can't seem to find any sites with a lot of examples. I am hoping that those of you who read this will have a recurring situation you can share, whether it's personal or a "World Event".

Here's what I found as examples so far:

. Aancient stories of Gilgamesh and the obvious correlation to the Bible's Noah are great examples.

. The stalker who was just arrested for stalking olympic phenom Shawn Johnson and the correlation to the stalker who "Loved" American actress Jodie Foster.

. In 1974 when OPEC leveled an oil embargo, sky rocketing fuel prices leading to the subsequent recession, and large annual increase in the consumer price index. These increases were partly caused by deficit spending in the federal government, including the Vietnam War. Does that sound familiar when compared to the U.S. now?

. In the year 9, Quintillius Varus ignored warnings and underestimated the enemy, and he was destroyed by "savages." In the year 1876, George Armstrong Custer ignored warnings and underestimated the enemy, and he was destroyed by "savages."

. In 408 the Western Roman Emperor had his Master of Soldiers executed, which allowed Visigoths to sack the city of Rome two years later. In 454 another Western Roman Emperor murdered his Master of Soldiers which allowed Vandals to sack the city of Rome in the following year.

. In 1912 the ocean liner Titanic was considered the safest ship afloat but hit an iceberg and sank on its first voyage. In 1915 the hospital ship Britannic (a sister of the Titanic with many improved safety features) hit a German mine on its first voyage and sank even faster than the Titanic did.

. In 1812 Napoleon Bonaparte invaded Russia while still at war with Great Britain, contributing to his downfall. In 1941 Adolf Hitler invaded Russia while still at war with Great Britain, contributing to his downfall. (wiki-anwers)

wiki.answers.com...

. There are many times throughout history where world domination was attempted, successfuly failing repeatedly. (successfuly failing repeatedly?... what tha'... is that right?
) Does this mean "No NWO?"

There are a ton of very popular themes that seem to repeat throughout history. Different actors, a tweaking of the script a bit, and voisla you have an event that has happened in a different place and time but nearly the same as before.

Thanks for reading and for any examples you may have.

I think this happens because of the human life cycle, birth, growth, maturity then decline.

Look at a lot of the dates, notice that a few events centre within lifetimes, the repeating similarities are every 50 or more years. Obviously more than one significant event will happen within one period of 50 or so years.

Every time this happens we get better at it be it bad or good.

See where I am coming from.

Yes, it is getting faster as well.

[edit on 3-4-2009 by XXXN3O]

new topics

join