It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is how you were brainwashed (to an extent) as a child... The most popular game in America.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Our monetary system is backed up by nothing right? The Gold standard no longer exsists? So what gives our money value? THE GAME gives our money value.

I'd like the members of ATS to examine EXIBIT A.

Basically our money has the same value as monopoly money... but we all know that when we were children, the rules of the game can be changed... It's time for us to either quit playing the game, or change the rules so that we have a chance to win.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Ever notice when playing monopoly with about 4 other people that somebody always managed to cheat?

Not only is your monatary analogy pretty true, but, then again, so is my cheater scenario!

Oh, and don't forget, there were always fights over who got to be say, the dog or the shoe. I always ended up being either and iron or a top hat!

Another thing I always remember is that owning park place or the other expensive property didn't always mean that person would be the winner of the game!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I also remember that the only other forms of financial dealing in the game was bartering. How can we employ bartering into every day life? What can we replace the USD with? Honestly, I can not fathom how to sustain a society without a common currency. I have lived under this illusion far too long.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
That would explain whats wrong with me. I always got bored with monopoly and I cant remember ever playing the game to the end.

Making everything about money is just monotonous, and boring.

Even back then I just didnt see the fun in spending hours doing repetitive stuff and accumulating the most paper just so I could say "Ha ha! I win!" There was too much fun to be had doing other things.

I was a piss poor capitalist even as a child.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

If Monopoly was the first half of the programming, Risk was the inevitable second.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This is one of my favorite games ever besides Trivial Pursuit, This is the only game where arguments occur over fake money and property. My ex and his fanmily and I would all play and always wound up arguing. I use to laugh about it but my ex and his family were way too serious. However I still enjoy playing it even though I usually lose.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The game always took to long. No one would play the whole way through just because they believed there was more important things to do.

I for one hated that game. I find chess more interesting and universal when it comes to life.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
ah good ol' monopoly! The biggest threat to any family.

I sware this game must be one of the main reasons for split families

Speaking of board games, anyone seen the War On Terror bored game?? Looks smeggin helerious.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Ha that is funny Monopoly and risk are the only two games I own.. Oh ya, chess too.

I think I got interested in business because of monopoly..

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
ah good ol' monopoly! The biggest threat to any family.

I sware this game must be one of the main reasons for split families

Speaking of board games, anyone seen the War On Terror bored game?? Looks smeggin helerious.

The Neo Conservatives had a monopoly on terror.

They needed a new Pearl harbor... And how fortunate that they got their wish.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I have never played and neither have any of my family...so I guess we aren't brainwashed then?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Sure the MONEY is just paper, but the GAME is the fun part!

I don't know... maybe you had horrible playmates when you were a kid.

top topics

join